Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GothicNightmare

Submarines will they ever be a thing?

subs  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see subs in the game if they can find a way to balence them

• Yes
    • No

31 comments in this topic

Members
9 posts
2,084 battles

I know World of Warships has said they don't plan on putting submarines in the game cause of balance issues I am aware that other games have but submarines and found a way to balance them I would love to see submarines added to the game and I wanted to see what you guys think  

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[HINON]
Supertester
19,207 posts
12,740 battles

Not gonna happen.

Members
610 posts

WOWs did put a surfaced submarine in the “Jacuzzi” on or about December 2016. Utter failure as few engaged the submarine even though it was painted yellow. The rubber duck that was also present was shot at frequently. 

With the test complete WOWs ended their submarine experiment with the conclusion that their non nautical game players could not recognize a submarine.  A rubber duck the size of their ship was perceived as more of a threat than a submarine. 

So we are more likely to battle large yellow rubber amphibious birds before another submarine appears. 

You had your chance for subs and failed.  No subs for u! 

Edited by Toxic_Potato

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,040 posts
1,091 battles

Since Alpha, WG has always, ALWAYS, said no to subs. There have never been any plans to include them, there aren't any plans to include them, and there will be no plans to include them. 

Just because people keep asking for them, doesn't mean WG is going to give in and throw them in the game. The only way you'll see subs is if WG puts them in an April fools scenario where you get to face onslaughts of sub wolfpacks, just so you get to understand why they aren't included.

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
2,118 posts
3,583 battles

As someone who literally depends on the existence of submarines, please no.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
35 minutes ago, GothicNightmare said:

Oh great another one, someone reset the clock.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,064 posts
6,754 battles
36 minutes ago, GothicNightmare said:

I know World of Warships has said they don't plan on putting submarines in the game cause of balance issues I am aware that other games have but submarines and found a way to balance them I would love to see submarines added to the game and I wanted to see what you guys think  

as playable ships? no, never gonna happen, as enemies in operations however, that could be another story

[ICE9]
Members
827 posts

Or as someone once said,

"We already have something slow that hides all the time and deals insane damage in one attack.

It's called a battleship."

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
6,661 posts
25,715 battles

What? This thread again?

[RNJR]
Members
208 posts
4,213 battles

Team to BBs "GO TANK FOR US"

BBs to team "HELL NO you guys go first.  There are stealth DDs with 5.4km detection AND ZERO km detection SUBMARINES too.  

Simulate Sub - Take a DD go full concealment module, captain skill, camo skin.  Go to a BB 5.5 KM from it and torpedo.  Pop Smoke its like submerging under water basically except that in smoke you have a chance to be hit back by your victim which is fair.  If you really were diving underwater super Overpowered how fair is that you become invincible and thats not cool.   

[5D5]
Members
2,286 posts
14,332 battles

WAIT WAIT WAIT a minute now...I've come full circle on subs.

I have no problem with subs being put into game as long as they spawn on the enemy side in an active radar environment with no ability to submerge.

WG please implement this immediately.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,561 posts
12 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Thanks, can we have some soup as well?

I don't waste soup on submarine threads

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
3 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

I don't waste soup on submarine threads

Aww. But a fair enough point. 

[BNKR]
Members
291 posts
358 battles
2 hours ago, Gravtech said:

Since Alpha, WG has always, ALWAYS, said no to subs. There have never been any plans to include them, there aren't any plans to include them, and there will be no plans to include them. 

Until they decide to include them.

Wargaming is a buisness, if they ever decide subs will be worth the effort( profitable) then they will be added.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,040 posts
1,091 battles
5 hours ago, Ruthless4u said:

Until they decide to include them.

Wargaming is a buisness, if they ever decide subs will be worth the effort( profitable) then they will be added.

So you're implying that WG hasn't already extensively looked into how to add subs back in alpha? They (WG) knew way back then that subs don't fit the playstyle of WOWS and would only serve to unnecessarily complicate the game. 

Might I also add, that during WWII, the most infamous records of submarine warfare wasn't against fleets of Battleships, Cruisers, Destroyers, or Aircraft Carriers. They hunted merchant convoys either alone or in groups known as 'wolfpacks'.  Not only that, but subs are hecka slow; they can go 9kn submerged, and 20kn on the surface. With how "fast" the gameplay is on wows, you'd rarely ever get the opportunity to shoot anything, not to mention actually sink a ship due to the health mechanic.

To reiterate, ya WG is a business, and when they were designing this game 3 years ago, they already knew back then that Subs would never be in the game because they are simply not worth it. 

[WOLF3]
Members
6,433 posts
2,396 battles

Wait wait.  IF they could balance them?  Yes.

CAN they balance them?  No.

Sign in to follow this