You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Nishimura_1

lexington 1-1-2(facepalm)

46 comments in this topic

[AGP]
Beta Testers
31 posts
12,500 battles

first. having a 1-1-2 means: less fighters in the air and less fighters in the cv hangar shokaku can launch way more fighters in the air and also keep more fighters in the cv hangar.. i wont talk about enterprise... (pure unbalance at its best.) so.. how to fix the lexington and make her playable because right now im an ok cv player. the 1 fighter squad is quite tanky but i have to play over my [edited] skin when i face enterprises and shokakus.. and oh.. the AP DBs...(another facepalm) (you only do damage to certain bbs and some cruisers if rng blesses you..) completely useless against carriers so it discourages you to snipe the enemy carrier despite the enemy cv having def AA and still i will have panic drops. for me HE DBs work better because i can stack the damage, forcing damage controls and etc. how to balance the lexington? due to the fact that you have 14 DBs 6 TBs and 7 FT in the air you already lose some reserves. for me is just increase the hangar to 90 planes. and give a 2-1-2 with tier 7 fighters this will make lexington playable but idk.. honestly.. the cv rework is coming.. ( i hope...) yeah someone will say that you will have the same loadout as the essex so no variety.... FIRST with this rework we need to AIM for the balance along each tier bracket later if wg needs to make later changes she can. but right now a normal cv player needs to free xp to essex because lexington  is not enjoyable. sorry if i have wrong punctuation and etc. english is not my main language..... i hope you understand.. 

o7 

• Cool 2

[PNGYN]
Alpha Tester
1,208 posts
1,939 battles

it should also get the hp strike aircraft upgrade module if all the planes are going to be T7 because not every match you go into the the ships will be equivalent to your own tier. frequently you will be getting roped into T9 and T10 matches as my experience has proven.

Members
216 posts
2,039 battles
3 hours ago, Nishimura_1 said:

first. having a 1-1-2 means: less fighters in the air and less fighters in the cv hangar shokaku can launch way more fighters in the air and also keep more fighters in the cv hangar.. i wont talk about enterprise... (pure unbalance at its best.) so.. how to fix the lexington and make her playable because right now im an ok cv player. the 1 fighter squad is quite tanky but i have to play over my f***g skin when i face enterprises and shokakus.. and oh.. the AP DBs...(another facepalm) (you only do damage to certain bbs and some cruisers if rng blesses you..) completely useless against carriers so it discourages you to snipe the enemy carrier despite the enemy cv having def AA and still i will have panic drops. for me HE DBs work better because i can stack the damage, forcing damage controls and etc. how to balance the lexington? due to the fact that you have 14 DBs 6 TBs and 7 FT in the air you already lose some reserves. for me is just increase the hangar to 90 planes. and give a 2-1-2 with tier 7 fighters this will make lexington playable but idk.. honestly.. the cv rework is coming.. ( i hope...) yeah someone will say that you will have the same loadout as the essex so no variety.... FIRST with this rework we need to AIM for the balance along each tier bracket later if wg needs to make later changes she can. but right now a normal cv player needs to free xp to essex because lexington  is not enjoyable. sorry if i have wrong punctuation and etc. english is not my main language..... i hope you understand.. 

o7 

I feel you. Lexington is pretty ridiculous.

• Cool 1

[AGP]
Beta Testers
31 posts
12,500 battles

increase the hangar and give 2-1-2 with tier 7 fighters dont remove the t8 TBs because you have only 1 squad and keep the t8 DBs this will make the difference with the enterprise and lexington will reach enterprise..

[AGP]
Beta Testers
31 posts
12,500 battles

i really cant see how wg gathers data about the lexington. any normal player will say that the lexington is not playable. the unicum cv players (farazelleth,femmenenly): fem stated that she had a really bad time in the lexington. enterprise is flatout better in any aspects than lexington. im sad because lexington is a really beautiful ship and she doesnt deserve to be so underpowered. BUT im not saying that she lacks in striking power.. the striking power is equal to shokaku and enterprise. The only thing that she needs is FIGHTERS.  plain simple i cant defend my teammates from air attacks also to protect my own planes against enemy fighters and also scout for my team.. thats impossible.. a player that has played lexington knows this. really hope wg will fix finally lexington. its the only ship that lacks in the USN cv branch. ranger has also problems too but thanks to the operations you can grind it with no trouble at all.

Members
400 posts
2,441 battles
On 3/8/2018 at 11:26 AM, Nishimura_1 said:

i really cant see how wg gathers data about the lexington. any normal player will say that the lexington is not playable. the unicum cv players (farazelleth,femmenenly): fem stated that she had a really bad time in the lexington. enterprise is flatout better in any aspects than lexington. im sad because lexington is a really beautiful ship and she doesnt deserve to be so underpowered. BUT im not saying that she lacks in striking power.. the striking power is equal to shokaku and enterprise. The only thing that she needs is FIGHTERS.  plain simple i cant defend my teammates from air attacks also to protect my own planes against enemy fighters and also scout for my team.. thats impossible.. a player that has played lexington knows this. really hope wg will fix finally lexington. its the only ship that lacks in the USN cv branch. ranger has also problems too but thanks to the operations you can grind it with no trouble at all.

Because they dont care about the US CV line. This is what F2P  companies do, they start out their games when the game is balance, albeit with some bugs, then they start making the game utterly stupid. they made the US cv line this trash because they want you to spend money on doubloons so you get to the higher tier CV like MIDWAY the only US cv worth a damn to play.

• Cool 1

Members
1,610 posts
3,573 battles
On 3/12/2018 at 2:26 AM, Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD said:

I like the Ranger so I hope I like the Lexington.

Well its more or less the exact same ship except now you have defensive fire and you're no longer contending with Kaga's and Saipan's so you should like her.

Members
400 posts
2,441 battles
On 3/8/2018 at 7:59 AM, WolfofWarship said:

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns @Nishimura_1. We appreciate your feedback about the Lexington! 

No you people dont, because if you did none of these horrifically BAD CHANGES WOULD HAVE HAPPENED.   You all do what you have done before, showing us that your gaming company DOES NOT READ THESE FORUMS or have ANY CLUE how to fix the US CV line.   How do you remove  the US CVs fighters, yet leave IJN COMPLETELY UNCHANGED? Thats like theres a race between two cars, and i take 2 wheels from your car and leave the other one with 4 wheels, who do you think is going to win? Then you removed tier 10 Torpedo Planes and removed tier 9 fighters, so now the Higher tier US CVS ARE WEAKER THAN the IJN CVs. 

There is no way that i consider ANY OF your devs, who worked on the US CV line to be at ALL COMPETENT. These changes  are some of these worst changes this game has had since you started forcing players to pay the full amount of their ships repair bills just for PLAYING A MATCH.   

I want you all to understand this, i didn't type what i wanted to type because i have a lot of choice words, for whoever was involved, with the US CV changes, and im not one of those people who cares about being Politically Correct or Censorship. I consider these changes to the US CV line a INSULT to the U.S NAVY, and any who has ever served on a Naval ship. You do not at all reflect how a US Aircraft carrier should be represented in a video game. If it was up to me, i would ban your entire company from using ANY U.S navy ship that has EVER sailed the Seas. You insult your own players intelligence that have GRINDED all the way to the higher tiers.

Just to let you know my feelings about these changes.

Edited by sartt
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,359 battles

the proposed changes to Midway are far worse

but I don't think they will happen.  Lexington was finne as it was and Ranger too.  Problem was fighting against Kagas who are megagood at killing your team off

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,344 posts
9,536 battles
On 3/7/2018 at 2:17 PM, Nishimura_1 said:

first. having a 1-1-2 means: less fighters in the air and less fighters in the cv hangar shokaku can launch way more fighters in the air and also keep more fighters in the cv hangar.. i wont talk about enterprise... (pure unbalance at its best.) so.. how to fix the lexington and make her playable because right now im an ok cv player. the 1 fighter squad is quite tanky but i have to play over my [edited] skin when i face enterprises and shokakus.. and oh.. the AP DBs...(another facepalm) (you only do damage to certain bbs and some cruisers if rng blesses you..) completely useless against carriers so it discourages you to snipe the enemy carrier despite the enemy cv having def AA and still i will have panic drops. for me HE DBs work better because i can stack the damage, forcing damage controls and etc. how to balance the lexington? due to the fact that you have 14 DBs 6 TBs and 7 FT in the air you already lose some reserves. for me is just increase the hangar to 90 planes. and give a 2-1-2 with tier 7 fighters this will make lexington playable but idk.. honestly.. the cv rework is coming.. ( i hope...) yeah someone will say that you will have the same loadout as the essex so no variety.... FIRST with this rework we need to AIM for the balance along each tier bracket later if wg needs to make later changes she can. but right now a normal cv player needs to free xp to essex because lexington  is not enjoyable. sorry if i have wrong punctuation and etc. english is not my main language..... i hope you understand.. 

o7 

If you were trying to carrier snipe, WG has been discouraging it for a while, and against any CV player that has a clue what they're doing, it was going to cost you your airwing with nothing to show for it even without defensive fire. It wasn't a valid tactic before defensive fire was added, it's even less so now. When the Lexington had a 0-1-3 loadout, many players saw it as the only option, and it only worked against noobs and USN strike CV's before CV defensive fire existed.

Members
1 post

How can you change the hangar size and squadron makeup on the Lexington?

I am getting ripped apart by the Graf Zepplin's planes and I can't figure out why. I would love to have 2 fighter squadrons.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,698 battles
11 hours ago, The_Big_Red_1 said:

2 fighter squads always beats one there's no denying that.

yes and no if you have 7 planes and they have 10 if you both lose all planes in strafe and AA 2 fighter squads needs to take 10 from hanger while one only needs 7 meaning they will run out faster then you with fighters in hanger

On 08/03/2018 at 5:17 AM, Nishimura_1 said:

shokaku can launch way more fighters in the air and also keep more fighters in the cv hangar.

its thinking like that for both topics that dosnt help with more squads out also means there is less in the hanger, if you take both our with minimal loss to your fighters you have the upper hand. i.e if both shokaku and lex have 28 fighters and the air supremacy skill  shokaku has 10 out and you 7 which means shokaku only has 18 left in hanger you 21, if you can kill  both squads or your ships do that number drops shokaku to 8 left in the hanger. with out checking you will find the number off fighter planes on both CV will be close or the same.

so while 2 fighter squads do have the upper hand it dosnt take much to turn that around cause off having 2 squads out means more has to be taken from hanger so they will run out quicker 

[BEWBS]
Beta Testers
12 posts
1,726 battles

Having fewer in the hangar is pretty poor an excuse for balance. 2 fighter squadrons is exceptionally more useful in general. You can have squad 1 lock a fighter squadron in combat and then have it strafe out when your strafe in another squadron. Let alone if you just leave them separate and enjoy double the map coverage. 1 strafe from 7 planes will wipe a squadron but 1 strafe from 5 will still kick a squadron to negligible strength. I'd rather have more squadrons than larger squadrons. only real exception is dive bombers, where your benefits from squadrons isn't as impressive or felt in tactics (though is felt in damage).

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,054 posts
14,457 battles

Unit per unit, Lexington's fighter unit in Tier VIII is powerful.  However, that 1 fighter unit has massive gaps in coverage, duties that fighters are used for.

Let's look at how Lexi's doing:

J6hyfAM.jpg

That is completely awful.  I left off Graf Zeppelin because she logged only 300 matches, which is far too low to get a server average for her performance.

But what about Ranked?  Here's how she did in last Tier VIII Ranked.  She was the first of the USN CV Revamped ships to undergo the trials of Ranked play.  She spectacularly failed.

NSOnUzi.jpg

The problem is her ability to contest the skies.  Look at the disparity in Plane kills between Lexington, Enterprise, Shokaku.  It's terrible.  Then look at her damage averages in both stat sets, competitive in regular play but below average in Ranked.  Mediocre but not terrible.  Then look at her WR%, it's awful.  IMO, her fighter capability, her ability to contest the skies is the cause of her failure.

The fix is simple.  Give back Lexington's Stock Spec that she had when WoWS Launched in 2015.

2/1/1 - 2 fighters, 1 TB, 1 DB

No Tier VII plane gimmicks, all proper Tier VIII planes.  2 Tier VIII planes of typical USN unit sizes is powerful.

1.  She may have less reserves against Enterprise's huge stock of fighters, but these are tougher, stronger VIII fighters.

2.  2 Tier VIII USN fighter units lets Lexington contest the skies against ANY of her peers.

3.  2 fighter units gives the Lexi player have far more flexibility in fighter employment, whether to surge both at one time or have them staggered, i.e. 1 covering the team while 1 is reservicing.  The Lexi player can have 1 fighter doing coverage of the team while 1 fighter can go out scouting.  1 fighter unit has zero flexibility, leaving immense gaps in coverage of the team as well as various duties people want out of the CV, i.e. spotting, scouting.

4.  Going down to 1 DB will lessen the tears German BB players have regarding AP Bombs.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[BEWBS]
Beta Testers
12 posts
1,726 battles

I have never felt so unprepared and blatantly weaker than finding my first 3 fighter Shokaku. I don't understand how people, i'd assume who are smarter than me, think 1-1-2 is a reasonable balance versus everything else at tier which has as many strike squadrons and additional fighter squadrons. Squadrons to me have always been superior to 1 or 2 extra planes in a squadron.

• Cool 1

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,698 battles
6 hours ago, TycoRevre said:

I have never felt so unprepared and blatantly weaker than finding my first 3 fighter Shokaku. I don't understand how people, i'd assume who are smarter than me, think 1-1-2 is a reasonable balance versus everything else at tier which has as many strike squadrons and additional fighter squadrons. Squadrons to me have always been superior to 1 or 2 extra planes in a squadron.

yes US CV needs a 2nd fighter squad even before the Lexington i would start with the ranger as the first time you get a 2nd squad everyone one knows it, WG knows it that US CV need that 2nd squad to counter the other CV. if they dropped are squad size down to 5 and gave us two squads ill be happy with that, and with the captain skill you would have two squads off 6 planes which will balance it but i cant see WG doing it, maybe with the re work it things like this might happen.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,054 posts
14,457 battles

Next Ranked Season is Tier VIII again.

Guess which CV gets to be massacred.  Again :Smile_teethhappy:

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,698 battles

a bad CV player with a enterprise that has no idea how to play CV and lines all there planes up for you to take out with a strafe.

lex is going to suffer bad you can beat the other 2 CV but its a lot off work

[BABC]
Members
54 posts
4 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Next Ranked Season is Tier VIII again.

Guess which CV gets to be massacred.  Again :Smile_teethhappy:

Remember: There's no rule saying that you HAVE to play the Lexington as your CV in ranked.

Honestly, if someone's actually a serious CV player, I'd assume they'd have invested into both lines by now or bought the Enterprise. Unless you're trying to make a point in playing the Lexington through ranked or just plain griefing your teammates, of course.

Edited by yaluen

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,698 battles
55 minutes ago, yaluen said:

Remember: There's no rule saying that you HAVE to play the Lexington as your CV in ranked.

Honestly, if someone's actually a serious CV player, I'd assume they'd have invested into both lines by now or bought the Enterprise. Unless you're trying to make a point in playing the Lexington through ranked or just plain griefing your teammates, of course.

lexington can give IJN and a the enterprise a good run for there money if not beat them ive done it many times on mine, just cause someone has the enterprise theres no guarantee there the better CV player i had one that grouped all his squads into one group while going for a strike a quick strafe and they lost there planes, ive spent most off my time playing CV and didnt get the enterprise, wish i did now though hoping it comes back soon but not everyone has been playing for years and has every CV with a 19 point captain on it, some player's might like the US CV line and not want to play  the IJN line.

a serious CV player will be able to play there CV well and do what you need to do for your team to win, its got nothing to do with if you have the enterprise someone could off just got that CV so they didnt have to grind any tiers but they have a CV or invested into both lines. ill rather have someone that plays lexington well then someone that paid to get the enterprise and has no idea how to be a CV player.

[BABC]
Members
54 posts
2 hours ago, ausanimal said:

a serious CV player will be able to play there CV well and do what you need to do for your team to win, its got nothing to do with if you have the enterprise someone could off just got that CV so they didnt have to grind any tiers but they have a CV or invested into both lines. ill rather have someone that plays lexington well then someone that paid to get the enterprise and has no idea how to be a CV player.

No. Someone who is serious about playing CV will first of all, be competent. Second of all, they will understand that the playing ground is not level across all the ships, and while they may play both lines to avoid hedging their bets all in one place, when it comes consistently winning battles, they will always go with the ship that they feel will have the most flexibility and impact on the match.

If your only hope of gaining the upper hand depends on the enemy Shokaku or Enterprise to be a complete potato, well...to each their own. But don't expect to win many battles if you get matched against someone of equal caliber skill