You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
homsikpanda

requested suggestions on free experience use

41 comments in this topic

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,605 posts
15,086 battles

Save it unless you feel absolutely compelled to spend it. Some things can only be purchased with FXP and it keeps your options open.

If you're going to spend it on non-exclusive things, the best use is probably skipping stock hulls on tech tree ships. DON'T use it on commanders or to skip entire ships in a line unless you have a lot of it sitting around.

Members
14 posts
911 battles
5 hours ago, FirstOfOne said:

I use mine for unlocking important modules on stock ships. (I did get the Missouri but i payed to win over half of that)

It makes the grinding more fun and that much faster.

I would also focus on one line and one captain to start accruing elite captian xp and not spend your free xp on captains.

was thinking of using it on my akatsuki or gnevy captain, both lvl 10 (my gnevy should be a minsk or keiv by now, but thx to russian destroyer divide i had to research the gnevy twice =.=;...... )
i know my akatsuki captain could use some more torpedo skills.

3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Hey @skull_122_steel, we found one of your noods. :Smile_teethhappy:  (still makes me chuckle)

hey now! D:   i still play with a hat on =/ so technicly not nood!

[WOLF9]
Members
3,886 posts

I try to avoid blowing large amounts of free xp on skipping ships or rushing up a line.   If, for example, I'm struggling with the tier 6  why would jumping into the tier 7 or 8 be any better?    Skipping through lines would result in having nothing more than a low skill commander in a high tier ship  (unless you have lots of 14+ point captains just laying around.)- and high tiers is where a lot of those skills really make a difference.   Besides, the low tier ones are often a lot of fun to play- esp for an experienced player who knows how to play that type of ship.

I have skipped, of course- some ships are so un-fun to play, that I'll free xp through whatever's left when I can't stand playing them any longer.  (Myogi and La Glass I'm looking at you)

My free xp get saved, and are used to research all the modules when I get a new ship.   As a Co-opper, the grinds are slow enough, once you hit the mid tiers.   Grinding through all those modules would just extend that by a lot.   I also regularly convert the xp from elite and premium ships, so FXP are never a problem- hell I already had 800k+ the day Missouri came out, lol.   I'm now sitting at nearly 1.9 million of them.   Just for kicks,  I'm waiting until it reaches 2 million before I spend any- then I'm buying that RN FXP premium; and setting up the massive backlog of brand new ships that sit in my port, waiting for some love.  (Roon, Queen Elizabeth; Benson; the tier 8 Frenchie CA, etc etc  not to mention going back and trying the low tier French BB's- I started on Lyon, because I did that mission)

I'll also use a few here and there to improve a captain if I just need a few hundred extra to get that next skill.  Or to boost one up to 10 points.

[PVE]
Members
15,230 posts
10,105 battles
1 hour ago, homsikpanda said:

was thinking of using it on my akatsuki or gnevy captain, both lvl 10 (my gnevy should be a minsk or keiv by now, but thx to russian destroyer divide i had to research the gnevy twice =.=;...... )
i know my akatsuki captain could use some more torpedo skills.

155k FXP isn't going to get a captain far. Playing PvP when you have 10+ captains would work better. Here is the captain experience needed per level and at 10 pts, 155k and some playing will get you to 12 pts, but that 2 pts is not really a big deal at 10+ except for ships that need two 2pt skills like Gnevny, Gremyashchy and Aigle needed LS and EM to be workable.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander#Commander_Skill_Points

1 hour ago, homsikpanda said:

hey now! D:   i still play with a hat on =/ so technicly not nood!

:Smile_teethhappy:

Members
14 posts
911 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

155k FXP isn't going to get a captain far. Playing PvP when you have 10+ captains would work better. Here is the captain experience needed per level and at 10 pts, 155k and some playing will get you to 12 pts, but that 2 pts is not really a big deal at 10+ except for ships that need two 2pt skills like Gnevny, Gremyashchy and Aigle needed LS and EM to be workable.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander#Commander_Skill_Points

:Smile_teethhappy:

do you have suggestions on grinding commander xp faster? all my captains have 9-10 skills (i don't play them if they don't...unless i'm starting a new ship line, but even then i usually have captains from special events and stuff that usually start with 8 skill points )

[PVE]
Members
15,230 posts
10,105 battles
7 minutes ago, homsikpanda said:

do you have suggestions on grinding commander xp faster? all my captains have 9-10 skills (i don't play them if they don't...unless i'm starting a new ship line, but even then i usually have captains from special events and stuff that usually start with 8 skill points )

Hangglide42 has some great guides. Here is the one for Captains and the other is the main one with links to all of his guides. He pretty much covers everything in his guides much better than I could write it. :Smile_child:

[WORX]
Members
4,542 posts
15,416 battles

I am close to 1 million XP and I have the same problem what to spend it on? Well I already know. I have no tier 10 ship because I avoid higher tier battles like a trump speech of nonsense.

So I think the MINO light Brit cruiser is with in reach now. I played the MINO in PTS, its a good ship.. The De moines well its my 2nd best cruiser because its like a Swiss army knife and well depending on how you use it can be great or not so great. After that, in higher tiers there are a lot of gun DDs but not much torp DDs. In the words of the Mighty jingles where he said,

"What's the difference between Battleships sailing in straight lines at tier 10 and tier 5? At tier 5 it's funny. At tier 10 it's depressing."

DDs in the higher tiers are not fun as in the lower tiers. Its my play style, so anyway, if I were you I would cut down the grinding by getting the next hull. This is my recommendation and I strongly advise it from t8 and up. before that no.

Later guys

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
8 hours ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

The U.S. cruiser split is coming. I used free XP to go from [edited] Phoenix to Cleveland. Cleveland will be T8 and I can buy a T6 Pensacola after the split. I really didn't want to mess around with Phoenix and Omaha; there are far better ships to play in T4 and T5 if I want to go to those low tiers, which I usually don't.

I already have all the USN Cruisers from tier 6-10. I'm saving my FXP, and as much Elite Commander XP as I can build up, for USN Captain training.

Members
1,866 posts
7 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

I already have all the USN Cruisers from tier 6-10. I'm saving my FXP, and as much Elite Commander XP as I can build up, for USN Captain training.

Kappa helps.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
12 hours ago, homsikpanda said:

currently i have about 155k free exeperience, i was slowly building it and saving it up for the missouri, but i noticed that missouri has been replaced by the musashi.

i'm honestly not overly interested in the musashi, favoring japanese CA and DDs over their cruisers or BBs, but since the missouri has been replaced i can probably assume that the musashi will be replaced eventually as well with maybe a german or a russian tier IX ship which might be more appealing?

on the other hand, that free experience i've built up can be used towards my captains, or getting one of my ships to tier 10 (currently i'm only on tier 7, not including my tripitz)

so was looking for suggestions? should i wait for a better free xp ship to come around, or should i use my free xp to make my existing lineup better?

Try to save it for upgrades only, specifically for the stock ships that you absolutely hate playing. Ships like Colorado, Izumo, Queen Elizabeth and etc are terrible in their stock form so you can use free xp to auto upgrade them right off the start. With DDs, use free xp to unlock the long range torps at the start so you dont have to suffer playing the ship without access to their main weapons. Try not to waste free xp on bypassing/skipping a ship.

Edited by Ulthwey

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,830 posts
21,006 battles
22 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

Try to save it for upgrades only, specifically for the stock ships that you absolutely hate playing. Ships like Colorado, Izumo, Queen Elizabeth and etc are terrible in their stock form so you can use free xp to auto upgrade them right off the start. With DDs, use free xp to unlock the long range torps at the start so you dont have to suffer playing the ship without access to their main weapons. Try not to waste free xp on bypassing/skipping a ship.

This is a great idea for PvP players, about the only time you really suffer from stock ships is playing other humans. For co-op players I urge restraint in doing this. You can make book just fine using crappy stock ships and saving free xp for more important uses (like getting a free ship!).

[WOLFB]
Members
2,794 posts
11,473 battles

If you're not interested in Musashi, just keep saving free XP for the moment Missouri will come back. If she does she will probably be more expensive since it's actually more broken than Musashi.

I'm saving some Free XP for Musashi but the moment I'll unlock my Shimakaze i'm actually a bit worried about being forced to play with 20km garbage torps just to unlock the 12km torps. 

Members
14 posts
911 battles
On 3/8/2018 at 4:00 AM, AlcatrazNC said:

If you're not interested in Musashi, just keep saving free XP for the moment Missouri will come back. If she does she will probably be more expensive since it's actually more broken than Musashi.

I'm saving some Free XP for Musashi but the moment I'll unlock my Shimakaze i'm actually a bit worried about being forced to play with 20km garbage torps just to unlock the 12km torps. 

what makes them so garbage?

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,133 posts
22,213 battles
On ‎08‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 9:00 AM, AlcatrazNC said:

At what point they say that the Missouri makes it back again? Both ships are broken. The Missouri because of the $$ she prints, the Musashi because she is a T10 with a T9 MM.

You are right about the Shima 20km torps. The first thing I have done was unlocking the 12km torps. The 20km are slow and you have a good chance for team damage.

@OP: using free Xp for captain skills isn't very rewarding. You can skip a good number of stock hulls for 155k free xp but only get a captain to 12 Points from zero. Above it you get max one extra point out of the free XP.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,794 posts
11,473 battles
16 hours ago, homsikpanda said:

what makes them so garbage?

62kts speed 2.5km detection.

For the record:

Fubuki's upgraded torps : 10 KM 59 kts speed 1.5km detection

Shiratsuyu torps : 62kts  speed 1.6km detection

Shima  and Yuugumo 12 KM torps : 67kts speed 1.7 km detection

Shima 20km torps is the worst torpedo of the game. The only way you can hit with those torps is against people who don't expect those 20km torps to reach you.

15 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

At what point they say that the Missouri makes it back again? Both ships are broken. The Missouri because of the $$ she prints, the Musashi because she is a T10 with a T9 MM.

Just speculation. Missouri will most likely come back the moment they will remove Musashi.