You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
homsikpanda

requested suggestions on free experience use

41 comments in this topic

Members
14 posts
910 battles

currently i have about 155k free exeperience, i was slowly building it and saving it up for the missouri, but i noticed that missouri has been replaced by the musashi.

i'm honestly not overly interested in the musashi, favoring japanese CA and DDs over their cruisers or BBs, but since the missouri has been replaced i can probably assume that the musashi will be replaced eventually as well with maybe a german or a russian tier IX ship which might be more appealing?

on the other hand, that free experience i've built up can be used towards my captains, or getting one of my ships to tier 10 (currently i'm only on tier 7, not including my tripitz)

so was looking for suggestions? should i wait for a better free xp ship to come around, or should i use my free xp to make my existing lineup better?

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Savers save spenders spend. This being a game and the EXP is easily replaced just by playing the game. It is of my opinion use your Free Exp to help you do the things you like.

[WAG]
Members
391 posts
7,471 battles

I would not convert Free XP to Elite Commander XP. Consider how much more difficult it is to earn Free XP. Once you get a 19 pt captain you can print Elite Commander XP; with flags and camo maybe 20,000 in a single game on a bonus weekend.

Rather than Free XP through ships, I use Free XP to but ship upgrades so I don't have to ever play a stock ship. Nobody loves playing the A Hull, so why do it?

If you really want a Premium ship, I believe the Nelson is 375,000 Free XP.

• Cool 1

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,045 posts
10,438 battles

Assuming you have the fun and user friendly T7 BB Nelson already, I would use the fxp to shorten grinds by buying the next hull in a line after you research the next ship.  You won't burn all your fxp at once that way, and can make new ships less annoying in the initial stages of a grind.  There is also a learning that goes into playing each ship in a line  a good 10-20 times that prepares you to face those ships knowing their weaknesses from having played them.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,551 posts
7,456 battles

I would save it. You do have Nelson at T7 for 375k FXP right now. Missouri *may* come back, like most other premiums do, but no guarantee on that.

If you don't want to save it, I would suggest using it for that grind that you really can't stand anymore. Play a ship as stock for a bit before upgrading, to see what the stock was like, and don't totally skip ships. I would use FXP as sparingly as possible if you can.

For Captain Elite XP that you can use anywhere, I would suggest getting a Captain to 19 points over using FXP as Elite Captain XP. 

Members
14 posts
910 battles

hmm, i do not have the nelson i've not really done much of anything with british ships at all so i wasn't aware it was a thing... will look into it

Edited by homsikpanda

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,398 battles

I would not FXP straight to 10 from 7 without having had experience at 8/9/10 in tree ships.  Just hold onto it and use it for upgrades to keep from having to play stock ships.  Nelson is a lot of fun in my opinion, so that's also a solid use of it.  

Members
14 posts
910 battles

can the nelson equip HE shells? i remember there being a thing i think about british ships only being able to use AP shells? or something?

Members
9,958 posts
1 minute ago, homsikpanda said:

can the nelson equip HE shells? i remember there being a thing i think about british ships only being able to use AP shells? or something?

Brit cruisers are Ap only, Brit BB HE is very nasty,,,,

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,398 battles
Just now, homsikpanda said:

The tree cruisers are AP-only, Nelson (as well as the tree battleships) can do either.  It has big guns for the tier though so I use AP more than HE on it.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,235 posts
4,207 battles
1 minute ago, homsikpanda said:

That is only British cruisers (except Belfast, which they removed permanently from sale).

Members
1,866 posts

The U.S. cruiser split is coming. I used free XP to go from [edited] Phoenix to Cleveland. Cleveland will be T8 and I can buy a T6 Pensacola after the split. I really didn't want to mess around with Phoenix and Omaha; there are far better ships to play in T4 and T5 if I want to go to those low tiers, which I usually don't.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,570 posts
8,995 battles
12 minutes ago, homsikpanda said:

11 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Brit cruisers are Ap only, Brit BB HE is very nasty,,,,

And their AP is nasty too. Never forget to use it when the time is right.

Members
9,958 posts
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

And their AP is nasty too. Never forget to use it when the time is right.

I was speaking as a class, Nelson's AP is very useful, as is QE's but overall they do have issues with pen in cases where other bb's don't.

And their HE is absurdly effective.:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by awiggin

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,570 posts
8,995 battles
Just now, awiggin said:

I was speaking as a class, Nelson's AP is very useful, as is QE's but overall they do have issues with pen in cases where other bb's don't.

It still is good, just not as good as the AP from the other lines.

[PVE]
Members
9,551 posts
7,456 battles
6 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

The U.S. cruiser split is coming. I used free XP to go from [edited] Phoenix to Cleveland. Cleveland will be T8 and I can buy a T6 Pensacola after the split. I really didn't want to mess around with Phoenix and Omaha; there are far better ships to play in T4 and T5 if I want to go to those low tiers, which I usually don't.

30 minutes ago, homsikpanda said:

so was looking for suggestions? should i wait for a better free xp ship to come around, or should i use my free xp to make my existing lineup better?

Well, when the current T6 Cleveland moves to T8, you should get either the T6 CA Pensacola (likely) or T6 CL Dallas (possible) as compensation for the move. If you have the current T7 Pensacola, you should get the T7 CA New Orleans as compensation for the move. If you have the current T8 New Orleans, you should get the T8 CA Baltimore as compensation for the move. If you have the current T9 Baltimore you should get the T9 CA Buffalo as compensation for the move. The T10 Des Moines is not moving, so it should not experience any changes.

You have time before the US Cruiser split as it is supposed to happen by July, so if you want to save your FXP for that you have time to grind as far up the US Cruiser line before using the FXP to finish IF the split comes before you finish the grind to Baltimore.

Members
14 posts
910 battles
13 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Well, when the current T6 Cleveland moves to T8, you should get either the T6 CA Pensacola (likely) or T6 CL Dallas (possible) as compensation for the move. If you have the current T7 Pensacola, you should get the T7 CA New Orleans as compensation for the move. If you have the current T8 New Orleans, you should get the T8 CA Baltimore as compensation for the move. If you have the current T9 Baltimore you should get the T9 CA Buffalo as compensation for the move. The T10 Des Moines is not moving, so it should not experience any changes.

You have time before the US Cruiser split as it is supposed to happen by July, so if you want to save your FXP for that you have time to grind as far up the US Cruiser line before using the FXP to finish IF the split comes before you finish the grind to Baltimore.

ugh, i have an atlanta, i HATE the rainbow arcs of american cruisers =/ nice fire rate and traverse speed but uuugggghhhhh D:...personally right now my favorite cruiser is the teir v german....the ability of the rear turrets to rotate 360 is entertaining

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles

Save every bit to unlock the 3 FXP premiums first, then use it to unlock upgrade modules on horrendously designed stock ships. Unless you want to be a stat purple try hard, in that case, do the reverse.

Members
14 posts
910 battles
1 minute ago, NeutralState said:

Save every bit to unlock the 3 FXP premiums first, then use it to unlock upgrade modules on horrendously designed stock ships. Unless you want to be a stat purple try hard, in that case, do the reverse.

nelson, musashi...what's the 3rd fxp ship? (or do you mean missouri? )

[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
85 posts
3,856 battles
1 hour ago, homsikpanda said:

hmm, i do not have the nelson i've not really done much of anything with british ships at all so i wasn't aware it was a thing... will look into it

Nelson is the most fun you can have with your pants on at tier7.

Members
14 posts
910 battles
1 minute ago, Aratnomis said:

Nelson is the most fun you can have with your pants on at tier7.

this is why i play without pants

• Funny 2

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
328 posts
4,076 battles

I use mine for unlocking important modules on stock ships. (I did get the Missouri but i payed to win over half of that)

It makes the grinding more fun and that much faster.

I would also focus on one line and one captain to start accruing elite captian xp and not spend your free xp on captains.

[PVE]
Members
9,551 posts
7,456 battles
1 hour ago, homsikpanda said:

this is why i play without pants

Hey @skull_122_steel, we found one of your noods. :Smile_teethhappy:  (still makes me chuckle)

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

If you don't save up for one of the big free xp sinks then the thing to spend on is the modules on stock ships.

Stock ships are miserable. You can usually make them much more comfortable by buying the hull and occasionally a weapon with free xp.