Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Curly__san

Year of the Curmudgeon

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

115
[TURDS]
Members
587 posts
3,968 battles

Must be French Week: Challenges are restricted to French BB or CA/L. Operation is likewise heavily Francophile in nature.

Nothing against new lines; I just don't recall them being "pushed" so. Perhaps my perception is different. 

Just me or is there a lot of 'encouragement in a certain direction'?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,648
[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,272 battles

Software company releases new options in their software and markets them so that customers use new options.

 

Definitely sounds fishy to me.

Edited by Ducky_shot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
491
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,038 posts
3,564 battles
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Software company releases new options in their software and markets them so that players use new options.

 

Definitely sounds fishy to me.

most certainly fishy business practice right there. How dare a company push new things on us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,932
[HINON]
Supertester
19,241 posts
12,789 battles

No other line before this French BB line has been pushed / marketed as aggressively.

That said, I'm perfectly fine with aggressive pushing / marketing / promoting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,648
[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,272 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

No other line before this French BB line has been pushed / marketed as aggressively.

That said, I'm perfectly fine with aggressive pushing / marketing / promoting.

They are evolving as a company and its getting better. I like the campaign and collection and crates and missions and operation. Hopefully the days of dumping a new line one day with everything changed, ala German DD's, is over.

I look forward to similar endeavors with new lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
115
[TURDS]
Members
587 posts
3,968 battles
10 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

They are evolving as a company and its getting better. I like the campaign and collection and crates and missions and operation. Hopefully the days of dumping a new line one day with everything changed, ala German DD's, is over.

I look forward to similar endeavors with new lines.

Question is will they do more of these thematic missions or was this a one-off  release to coincide with Fr. BB's arrival.

38 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

most certainly fishy business practice right there. How dare a company push new things on us.

/s.

36 minutes ago, Lert said:

No other line before this French BB line has been pushed / marketed as aggressively.

That said, I'm perfectly fine with aggressive pushing / marketing / promoting.

That's what I saw, a very aggressive product push. If this is to become a theme for future operations it would make sense. Otherwise it's just a marketing scheme. I'm not sure if nation restrictive operations are a good or bad idea, but it is interesting. Might make operation design simpler in some ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,648
[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,272 battles
2 minutes ago, Curly__san said:

Question is will they do more of these thematic missions or was this a one-off  release to coincide with Fr. BB's arrival.

I don't see this as any different than the Dunkirk mission

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
475
[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,286 posts
25,374 battles

I like this format.

1.  It gives players a chance to get free tech tree ships, thus saving grind time.

2.  It gives us a new campaign and collection where we can earn camo for a tech tree ship.

I hope WG does this for all future new lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
478
[LUCK]
Members
1,312 posts
19,643 battles
1 minute ago, Patton5150 said:

I like this format.

1.  It gives players a chance to get free tech tree ships, thus saving grind time.

2.  It gives us a new campaign and collection where we can earn camo for a tech tree ship.

I hope WG does this for all future new lines.

At first I thought this roll out was a mistake by WG but it has grown on me. I'm sure they will have other new ideas which I will keep an open mind to now.

I just hope they aren't too "inventive" for the USN cruiser split.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
288
[POP]
Members
858 posts
9,828 battles

I don't know how I got a Leander, or even how I got to playing it, but once I started I played over one thousand games with it.

I know I would have never tried the line had I not gotten it for free somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
475
[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,286 posts
25,374 battles
8 minutes ago, hofmannsc said:

At first I thought this roll out was a mistake by WG but it has grown on me. I'm sure they will have other new ideas which I will keep an open mind to now.

I just hope they aren't too "inventive" for the USN cruiser split.

I don't see WG doing that much for the USN cruiser split since it just a new branch rather than a whole new line.  So I don't expect a campaign or a collection.  Although a few new missions related to the split maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,643
[KNMSU]
Members
3,370 posts
4,003 battles

The funny part of it is that they chose to so heavily emphasize the French. Don't get me wrong - some of the French BB designs are really interesting and fun. But let's be honest - they have nowhere near the pull of the Germans, British, or perhaps even Italians. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
180
[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,238 posts

Introduce new BB line -> run a super event to get folks to research the line -> event ends -> release a new BB killing DD for $$$ -> profit!!!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
115
[TURDS]
Members
587 posts
3,968 battles
3 hours ago, StoptheViolins said:

Introduce new BB line -> run a super event to get folks to research the line -> event ends -> release a new BB killing DD for $$$ -> profit!!!

Who would've thought!? /s

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×