Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

Missions for premium ships with time delays is good

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,647
[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles

The Aigle mission marathon from WG is brilliant despite the salt from those that have missed out from not getting involved early enough. And believe me, the closer it gets to ending the more of those people that will be showing up. Other ships could be earned with time locked missions, but you could always grind through it in the end. Never before have the missions expired requiring regular participation. It is brilliant. Rather than have a huge requirement mission that can be grinded in a couple of long days, WG is forcing players that want free premium ships to log into the game and play for a few battles on a regular basis. They either get money or have a regular boost for the population. It's a win-win for WG.

Can't earn it? Well, then you can buy it.

Don't have the money or don't want to spend it? Then earn it.

Don't want to spend the money and missed out on earning it? Pay attention next time, stop complaining

Don't want to spend the money and don't want to spend the time earning it and still want it. Just go away and stop complaining

  • Cool 7
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

what do you have against  poor people ?     not everyone can afford to drop  money on every premium bote.  it takes 2 hour standing in the corner with sign to make enough to buy this.    instead,  they could do a discount based on number of missions done and make it more affordable.  I would bet that more will be willing to drop 5 or 10 bucks to finish it earlier to help finish the mission.   and what is with 18 out of 26.       you should need to do all of them.   

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,647
[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles
4 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Or, don't care, don't worry about it? :cap_hmm:

Shoot, I forgot that option! remind me next time, eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles

I really enjoy doing missions to get premium ships, the only problem is that I don't really find any of those premiums enjoyable enough to play them... Lets see here, Okt. Revolution, Graf Spee, Duke of York, Shinonome, Vampire - all rusting in port.  Really cool premiums are costing money, unfortunately.  Well, with the exception of free XP ships, I found all of those to be really enjoyable.  But to be honest those free XP premiums are costing money, for premium account and Papa Papa flags and such.  Grinding out that free XP without any bonuses - while possible I find it time prohibitive to the extreme.

Edited by Ramsalot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
490
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,543 battles

Have to agree a little on ramsalot. Only a little because I only have the vampire, and I've only played her... once or twice, maybe thrice? I don't know... def not more than 4.

Aigle at the moment, I bought, and boy is she fun to play. If I hadn't bought her, this would be a ship I wouldn't mind trying to complete the 18 missions to get her free. But I couldn't wait and was glad to find that I could afford her.

Edited by Counter_Gambit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,647
[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles
6 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I really enjoy doing missions to get premium ships, the only problem is that I don't really find any of those premiums enjoyable enough to play them... Lets see here, Okt. Revolution, Graf Spee, Duke of York, Shinonome, Vampire - all rusting in port.  Really cool premiums are costing money, unfortunately.  Well, with the exception of free XP ships, I found all of those to be really enjoyable.  But to be honest those free XP premiums are costing money, for premium account and Papa Papa flags and such.  Grinding out that free XP without any bonuses - while possible I find it time prohibitive to the extreme.

Graf Spee and Shinonome have definitely gotten some use in my port. The other's, not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
694
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,046 posts
10,456 battles
39 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

The Aigle mission marathon from WG is brilliant despite the salt from those that have missed out from not getting involved early enough.....

....stuff about how people are awful....

  Just go away and stop complaining

Edited to make it a bit more punchy and direct.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
694
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,046 posts
10,456 battles
35 minutes ago, centarina said:

what do you have against  poor people ?     not everyone can afford to drop  money on every premium bote.  it takes 2 hour standing in the corner with sign to make enough to buy this.    instead,  they could do a discount based on number of missions done and make it more affordable.  I would bet that more will be willing to drop 5 or 10 bucks to finish it earlier to help finish the mission.   and what is with 18 out of 26.       you should need to do all of them.   

Ducky has one of his "man servants" grind his missions for him, then sells the ship and then has his "man servant" go through the process of calling support to get the ship re-instated, JUST FOR KICKS!

He is a menace to society!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[WAG]
Members
393 posts
7,524 battles
58 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

The Aigle mission marathon from WG is brilliant despite the salt from those that have missed out from not getting involved early enough. And believe me, the closer it gets to ending the more of those people that will be showing up. Other ships could be earned with time locked missions, but you could always grind through it in the end. Never before have the missions expired requiring regular participation. It is brilliant. Rather than have a huge requirement mission that can be grinded in a couple of long days, WG is forcing players that want free premium ships to log into the game and play for a few battles on a regular basis. They either get money or have a regular boost for the population. It's a win-win for WG.

Can't earn it? Well, then you can buy it.

Don't have the money or don't want to spend it? Then earn it.

Don't want to spend the money and missed out on earning it? Pay attention next time, stop complaining

Don't want to spend the money and don't want to spend the time earning it and still want it. Just go away and stop complaining

If I recall the Vampire had similar requirements, except that one had daily missions that you only had 24 hours to complete. I much prefer how the Aigle missions allow a few days to complete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles
37 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I really enjoy doing missions to get premium ships, the only problem is that I don't really find any of those premiums enjoyable enough to play them... Lets see here, Okt. Revolution, Graf Spee, Duke of York, Shinonome, Vampire - all rusting in port.  Really cool premiums are costing money, unfortunately.  Well, with the exception of free XP ships, I found all of those to be really enjoyable.  But to be honest those free XP premiums are costing money, for premium account and Papa Papa flags and such.  Grinding out that free XP without any bonuses - while possible I find it time prohibitive to the extreme.

Okt Rev is fun bote,  so is shinonome.   I also do well in Graf spee (just don't play it much )   they are all good bote.      still play them regularly

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
589
[SWOB]
Members
2,707 posts
15,751 battles

The bait quality here is so low I'm beginning to think OP is actually being serious.

:cap_hmm:

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
5 minutes ago, centarina said:

Okt Rev is fun bote,  so is shinonome.   I also do well in Graf spee (just don't play it much )   they are all good bote.      still play them regularly

Well, for me Giulio Cesare was the proverbial death of Okt Rev.  It's just more fun.  While I don't have T6 DD to compare Shinonome with, I do find the game play style of Blyskawica and Leningrad more appealing to my taste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
774
[SF-A]
Members
2,893 posts
5,694 battles
1 hour ago, centarina said:

what do you have against  poor people ?     not everyone can afford to drop  money on every premium bote.  it takes 2 hour standing in the corner with sign to make enough to buy this.    instead,  they could do a discount based on number of missions done and make it more affordable.  I would bet that more will be willing to drop 5 or 10 bucks to finish it earlier to help finish the mission.   and what is with 18 out of 26.       you should need to do all of them.   

This is a fabulous idea. The way it works might be a little clunky at first, but if implemented correctly, I think they'd be able to swell server numbers and make a profit off of those who wouldn't otherwise pay.

Edited by pewpewpew42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles
5 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Well, for me Giulio Cesare was the proverbial death of Okt Rev.  It's just more fun.  While I don't have T6 DD to compare Shinonome with, I do find the game play style of Blyskawica and Leningrad more appealing to my taste.

but those of us poorer cousin,  it was free and available.        free  premium bote is really nice to have for newer player  and those on budget.   and frankly, I have better wr in shino vs anshan. i find it better bote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,998
[ARGSY]
Members
6,311 posts
4,256 battles
20 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

If I recall the Vampire had similar requirements, except that one had daily missions that you only had 24 hours to complete. I much prefer how the Aigle missions allow a few days to complete.

That is not my recollection of the Vampire campaign, but I might be misremembering. It was quick but it did not feel that quick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,647
[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles
23 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

If I recall the Vampire had similar requirements, except that one had daily missions that you only had 24 hours to complete. I much prefer how the Aigle missions allow a few days to complete.

I don't see any date staggering in their announcement. That was way too long ago to remember first hand.... lol

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/whats-this/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
896
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,607 battles

I don't like this format it is less flexible... I prefer the huge requirement that can be grinded in a couple of days. You can still do it by playing a few battles everyday, but it gives you the option to do them all at once. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
720
[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,176 battles

WG needs to keep the semblance of "free" to play. Even though the game is really "pay to play some parts of the game not accessible to free players." Time delay shortens time for all but the most dedicated FTP players, giving at least the illusion of "hey, if you just be a bit hardcore you can get it for free".

Edited by NeutralState

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[WAG]
Members
393 posts
7,524 battles
23 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

I don't see any date staggering in their announcement. That was way too long ago to remember first hand.... lol

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/whats-this/

You are correct on the Vampire missions. I was thinking of the Aftvent Calendar missions in which you had to complete at least 15 of 20 daily missions to earn two super containers. You had only 24 hours to complete a mission.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/aft-whoopin/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[WAG]
Members
393 posts
7,524 battles
23 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That is not my recollection of the Vampire campaign, but I might be misremembering. It was quick but it did not feel that quick.

You are correct on the Vampire missions. I was thinking of the Aftvent Calendar missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,647
[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles
On 3/7/2018 at 12:36 PM, sbcptnitro said:

The bait quality here is so low I'm beginning to think OP is actually being serious.

:cap_hmm:

Every once in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
1,521 battles

No, It actually sucks.  

For myself I am a working individual and I find that very often it is difficult for me to play each and every night during the week.  Therefore I find it miserable to try to earn anything from these events when they are locked behind being able to play virtually every day.  I don't mine investing the time but I need to be able to invest that time when I actually have time to play, usually the weekends rather than being forced to try to figure out a way to make time during the week.  

Additionally it isn't about money.  I make decent money from my job, which allow me to invest pretty substantially into the game.  In fact I think I have something like $500 invested into WoWS this year alone already.  I can easily buy the Aigle but it is nice to be able to earn something for free now again especially since I end up buying so many other things.  However I am able to spend this money because I work long hours during the week so we are back full circle to the original problem of needing to be able to complete these missions/events when I actually have time to play the game.

I had these same issues during the Duke of York event and ended up falling short in the final phase because of work and it was very frustrating.  What made it even more frustrating was that I was on vacation the week prior to the event ended and kept running into having to wait for the next stage of the event to unlock. Had 4 full days of completely free time where I couldn't progress the event because I had to wait to the next stage unlocked.  If I would have had the option to progress at my own pace, when I actually had time to devote to the game, I would have earned a free DoY.  The amount of time required to earn the ship wasn't an issue, the requirements to complete the missions weren't an issue, the inability to progress the missions at my own pace during time I have available to play however, was a major issue.

So yeah, these time gated events suck and when I can't earn something for free when the rare opportunity arises due to the events being time gated, it kind of makes me want to stop playing and reduces my enthusiasm for spending money, but that is just me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,998
[ARGSY]
Members
6,311 posts
4,256 battles
1 hour ago, Midnitewolf said:

No, It actually sucks.  

For myself I am a working individual and I find that very often it is difficult for me to play each and every night during the week.  Therefore I find it miserable to try to earn anything from these events when they are locked behind being able to play virtually every day.  I don't mine investing the time but I need to be able to invest that time when I actually have time to play, usually the weekends rather than being forced to try to figure out a way to make time during the week.  

Additionally it isn't about money.  I make decent money from my job, which allow me to invest pretty substantially into the game.  In fact I think I have something like $500 invested into WoWS this year alone already.  I can easily buy the Aigle but it is nice to be able to earn something for free now again especially since I end up buying so many other things.  However I am able to spend this money because I work long hours during the week so we are back full circle to the original problem of needing to be able to complete these missions/events when I actually have time to play the game.

I had these same issues during the Duke of York event and ended up falling short in the final phase because of work and it was very frustrating.  What made it even more frustrating was that I was on vacation the week prior to the event ended and kept running into having to wait for the next stage of the event to unlock. Had 4 full days of completely free time where I couldn't progress the event because I had to wait to the next stage unlocked.  If I would have had the option to progress at my own pace, when I actually had time to devote to the game, I would have earned a free DoY.  The amount of time required to earn the ship wasn't an issue, the requirements to complete the missions weren't an issue, the inability to progress the missions at my own pace during time I have available to play however, was a major issue.

So yeah, these time gated events suck and when I can't earn something for free when the rare opportunity arises due to the events being time gated, it kind of makes me want to stop playing and reduces my enthusiasm for spending money, but that is just me.

Amen. The best compromise would be an end-dated time limited version of the permanent campaigns, where you could unlock and progress through stages in the order they wanted, but according to your schedule and simultaneously sometimes. Vampire campaign was also good; you had to accomplish the stages in order, but you could wait to start at the last minute if you wanted to and thought you could swing the load.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17
[BUNNY]
Members
182 posts
7,803 battles

I appologize if this has been mentioned before but I didn't see it. I had bought the Aigle when it first came out and then completed the minimum mission requirement to earn it figuring I would get the value back in silver or doubloons anyway. I did get the port slot and captain but I didn't notice if I got the "money". Does anyone know if and how much it would have been. I probably should have paid more attention before I completed it but honestly, the 160 proof rum and cokes made it kind of fuzzy

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×