You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
centarina

bring back the larger minimap option.

30 comments in this topic

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

With new patch yesterday,  I've noticed that I lost the ability to make larger minimap beyond what we had before.  When 7.2 dropped, we were able to make it larger.      in 2.5 or 4k,     the minimap is way too small and  i was actually liking slightly bigger minimap even in 2.5k that I run in. (writing/icon is too small at 4k)       I don't know why they took it off, but can we have that option back?

Members
18,363 posts
5,241 battles
1 minute ago, BullpupWOT said:

Are you saying the +/- option on the minimap no longer works?  

I think it's that you can't get it as big for the highest resolutions.

Anything 1440p or under I believe is fine.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,577 battles

You can press M and get the tactical map that gives the “true” heading of all visible ships and shows any Torps fired in game

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

I think it's that you can't get it as big for the highest resolutions.

Anything 1440p or under I believe is fine.

Oh...I'm running on a dinky laptop, so I probably have no base of reality in this discussion. 

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

there is a limit on how large you can zoom minimap to.  on 7.2 release,  they took that limit out so you could make it large.     they put the limit back in on 7.2.1

[BLUMR]
Members
2,050 posts
7,278 battles
9 minutes ago, centarina said:

With new patch yesterday,  I've noticed that I lost the ability to make larger minimap beyond what we had before.  When 7.2 dropped, we were able to make it larger.      in 2.5 or 4k,     the minimap is way too small and  i was actually liking slightly bigger minimap even in 2.5k that I run in. (writing/icon is too small at 4k)       I don't know why they took it off, but can we have that option back?

Uhhhh are you running a proper monitor for 2.5/4k res? My 4k monitor works just fine and can get my minimap to cover a good fifth of my screen

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

as I clarified it.    before 7.2,  there was a limit on how large I could make the minimap .     they took the limit off on 7.2 and put it right back on in 7.2.1

Members
18,363 posts
5,241 battles
49 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

Oh...I'm running on a dinky laptop, so I probably have no base of reality in this discussion. 

I hear you. I play on a 50" TV, but can't make out the ranges on the target markers at 1080p or better, so I have to play at 720p lol.

Edited by Skpstr

[PSP]
Members
6,356 posts
8,977 battles

With the new patch I have to decrease the size of the minimap two clicks. It's larger than it ever was. At least it is on my 24 inch monitor. Maybe on a 55 inch monitor at very high resolution it wouldn't.

Remember that we had a bad lag problem with the 7.2.0 patch. Maybe this was part of the cause of it.

[RUST]
Beta Testers
954 posts
10,442 battles
1 hour ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Uhhhh are you running a proper monitor for 2.5/4k res? My 4k monitor works just fine and can get my minimap to cover a good fifth of my screen

Yesterday's hotfix took that ability away, in fact it made that worst since the fonts and icons doesn't get any bigger when you make the mini map bigger now.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,050 posts
7,278 battles
3 minutes ago, NCC81701 said:

Yesterday's hotfix took that ability away, in fact it made that worst since the fonts and icons doesn't get any bigger when you make the mini map bigger now.

But i played yeaterday and was just fine as is?

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,466 posts
3,875 battles

My map is bigger than it ever was. +/- numpad keys work like a charm.

[RUST]
Beta Testers
954 posts
10,442 battles
7 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

But i played yeaterday and was just fine as is?

I play vanilla client so something broke and at minimum is not working for a number of people as I've seen post about this both here and on reddit. 

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

i play vanilla since I am just a lazy old spud   but loved having larger minimap. (and font in it)

[BLUMR]
Members
2,050 posts
7,278 battles
7 minutes ago, NCC81701 said:

I play vanilla client so something broke and at minimum is not working for a number of people as I've seen post about this both here and on reddit. 

Eh dunno much about vanilla. Lul i  run about 20 mods from crosshairs-> ship skins-> ports-> loading screens/kancolle mod packs/ship stats etc

Edited by JessieTheKitty

Beta Testers
284 posts
4,395 battles

Thanks for the feedback regarding this feature. We are monitoring this and will forward the information on to the devs. As always, please keep the comments constructive and on topic.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

it isn't an issue at 1080, but  if you have higher res system,     we need bigger map option.    and those of us with higher res system tend to have better GPU anyway, so  performance is less of an issue.

[BOATC]
Members
185 posts
3,265 battles

Running at 3440x1440 ultrawide the original 7.2 update was amazing, I had my minimap super-sized. With the recent hotfix I am also having the issue where not only is the minimap back to the small max size, the font is tiny and I can't see much in it. Chiming in for pleeeeeeeease bring back the larger mini map max size.

[LHG]
Members
1,659 posts
4,933 battles

I have to agree with the OP of this thread.  The larger minimap made it easier to take in the tactical situation at a glance. There are times the smaller minimap has ships too crowded so you can't see what the individual ships are doing and this makes it more difficult, for instance, in avoiding collisions with friendly vessels.  It also makes it a bit harder to use the minimap as an aide when attempting to target vessels you can't see because of obstructing terrain. 

It's workable at it's reduced size but it does make things more difficult rather than improving the game.  

• Cool 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

I noticed this too- I was happy with the way it was with 7.2- in particular for CV operations. I play mostly off the mini-map so being able to make it a lot larger was beneficial. Losing that ability with .1 was unfortunate though I admit I only used it in the really large size for CVs since it was too large for most ships (for my personal application anyway). 

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

For me the icons on the minimap became too big for the minimap itself, thanks to the latest update. Assumed it was a bug, not a feature...

Playing on 2k.

5 hours ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

You can press M and get the tactical map that gives the “true” heading of all visible ships and shows any Torps fired in game

I only use M to shoot over islands without a spotter plane lol.

Edited by LemonadeWarrior

[LOU1]
Members
3,087 posts
8,164 battles

There was an issue with the larger map in that the words did not get bigger.  I heard in a live stream that the devs want to make the words scale up with the map.  From what people are posting, it seems as if they pulled the ability to make the map bigger for some reason.  I use the Fugetsu mod that has always allowed me to make the map larger, so I didn't notice the change.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,545 posts
25,100 battles

Bigger map please. 59-Year old eyes aren’t 20-20. When the big patch dropped I thought “almost don’t need Aslains” because the bigger minimap is the MOST important mod for me. 

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,014 battles

yep, I play with a 40" at 4K and loved the re sizable minmap, had hope that chat would be done soon so I could see it, hope if comes back soon.