You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
brym7

Your Most Satisfying Kill

46 comments in this topic

[TWFT2]
Beta Testers
261 posts
3,994 battles

Simple as that, share your mightest sea kills captains!

Mine was in my Roma, shortly after it's release. Tier ten game was mediocre overall, was far from my best performance. Was basically the battleships being chased down by a zoa and Shimikizie. However, end of the match, it was just me and a Gearing on the team VS a Yamato and the Shimikizie. The Shimikizie goes off to the map edge so his team won on points, but the Yamato contested us trying to make a cap.  After not getting citted through the bow, I charge closer in. He turns his 18.1 inchers on the Gearing, seeing him as the bigger threat. I then turn and out a full salvo into the cheek, scoring 4-5 cits and scoring 75+ damage, killing him.

Now silly me didn't take the screenshot when it happened, but I got a results screen:

5a9fef8227964_Screenshot(157).png.07358d0456b9901adaf830f4b5643b10.png

I have another, but I already needed to make this smaller to meet the .5 MB limit I'm being hit with for some reason.

So, what's yours?

[MIA-A]
Members
2,099 posts
6,729 battles

Not going to lie, nearly every time I dev strike royal navy CA in my Zao is a glorious experience.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

My most satisfying kill wasn't even a kill I got credit for. It was fault line, a standard battle. A friendly New Mexico was near the big island at F8 heading north, when an enemy Fubuki comes out of the little channel in between the two big islands and turns in. The New Mexico fires, and misses. The Fubuki has him dead to rights. My torpedo bombers are on the way, but it's going to be close. I drop my torps right in front of the New Mexico, and all make it past the new Mex, then arm, and the two torpedoes closest to the new Mex hit the Fubuki. Then a shell from the New Mexico's secondaries hit the Fubuki and finishes him off. The Fubuki was beginning the turn to launch torpedoes, but didn't get them off, and the New Mexico took no damage. He then types in chat "CV you are a god" which is certainly a flattering expression of gratitude.

• Funny 2

[HYDRO]
Members
1,551 posts
3,751 battles

To me it must be a Double Strike I got about a year ago in the Leander. Suicide torping a Colorado and at the same time lobbing my salvo above his turrets to hit the Sims that was sailing next to him and getting an almost simultaneous kill.:cap_rambo:

[SF-A]
Members
2,892 posts
5,682 battles

Ran between a Leander and Cleveland in Shchors trying (in vain) to get the team to push. Cool double strike with the torpedoes, even though I went down and we lost the game.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

My most satisfying games are 0 kill Confederates or Hi-Cals. I've collected several now.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

Lexington beginning of a ranked match someone says carrier is AFK. Three seconds later I get first kill of the game and reply say something? His responce nope.

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,631 posts
13,539 battles

I got a double double kill once along time ago with a double flesh wound

I was in a destroyer about to die when three ships rounded the corner of an island

I saw them coming  so I was able to  get some Torpedoes out first I was able to dispatch the lead Destroyer with guns but the trailing ships ended up killing me but my torpedoes killed them right after never been able to kill three ships that fast

That was cool

Edited by silverdahc
  • Cool 3

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
4 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

Lexington beginning of a ranked match someone says carrier is AFK. Three seconds later I get first kill of the game and reply say something? His responce nope.

Ahh, that puts a smile on my face.

[BIAS]
Members
3,138 posts
9,213 battles

It's a tie for me.

A full health first strike dev strike on a Chapayev at nearly max range with my North Carolina with my first salvo of the game. Got RNG on that salvo and caught him perfectly as he was going broadside.

I was whittled down to 4k health in my Monty or Iowa by a mino and Yamato. The Yamato had 60k health and chased me around an island to get the kill shot, but he came around broadside and I nailed him with 5 citadels under his turret before he could shoot at me. His user name had something to do with being big and broadside, which made it all the more funnier. I ended up staying alive and doing another 40k or so damage to a GK before the end of the game.

And probably a 3 salvo kill streak and ram in ranked to end the game and get 6 kills in my Arizona to pull out a come from behind win. Nailed an low health enemy Bayern, then killed their Cleveland and la Gal with my next 2 salvoes and lined up a ram on their NM to leave our dd as the last player alive for the win. It was wonderful because as soon as it was 4 on 2, the path for victory opened up and I was able to execute my plan exactly as I thought I could.

• Cool 1

Members
4,538 posts
6,428 battles

A kill that thrills me is 1 shotting a fast DD at long range, like 15k, which is running straight left to right or right to left of me.  Takes a LOT of lead to pull that off. Tendency is to not lead enough and you shoot behind them. 

Edited by dmckay

[SYN]
Members
546 posts
6,157 battles

The most recent one.

Oh wait, I shot some blind torps in the Kagero and detonated a Bismark. That was cool.

Edited by Ensign_Pulver_2016
add Bismark comment

[YAN]
Members
1,640 posts
7,466 battles

Cant lie, Dev striking an Izumo from full hp to zero from range with Musashi is probably a kill ill always remember.

Modder
1,486 posts
2,439 battles

Had a IX match back on Sea of Fortune in Kagerō ended up with a Kraken, three of which were USN Cans.  Match came down to a 1v1 with a cap point disadvantage and less than a thousand HP left and I managed to get the jump on the last Benson in close range gunfight and gunned him down.  Anytime you beat a gunboat DD with a IJN Can is great but this match was glorious.

[ALPHA]
Members
180 posts
4,227 battles

About two years ago, I was in my NC, bapping around at the enemy team, match had just started. It was a T9 match, and our CV was going for a carrier snipe. I was 27km from the red Essex, and sent a full max range AP broadside towards him hoping for that one lucky penetration. Well I must have sacrificed enough goats to RNGesus, as I was blessed with 9 hits, 4 were citadels. Essex went boom, and all I could do the rest of the match was stare in disbelief that I had one shot the red CV from max range and repeat it in chat. Best kill I have gotten.

Members
61 posts
366 battles

Well, speaking of carriers going boom, I somehow found myself (in my friends accounts tier 8 lex) in a shooting match and secondaries duel with a tier 7 ranger. He had half my guns but I was on around about 3 to 4 thousand health. My luck somehow came (Courtesy to the Rangers terrible armor) when one of my twin superstructure guns penetrated the rangers citadel. Not terrible damage but he ended flooding to death after I disengaged (thanks to my friend in the Simms.) I didn't know at first how I killed him because I was on 300 or so health and in the opposite corner of the map. 

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,486 posts
3,435 battles

Using a Kongou to Devastating Strike a Furutaka at near-max range (or a Fuso vs a Pensacola). It still happens on occasion, along with the usual accusations of hax and being reported.

[ICOP]
Members
934 posts
3,402 battles

Aiming my Benson's torps at a NC in the Cap Zone, sinking her and the hidden Fletcher beside her at the same time.  Detonating a Mutsuki at max range with a single round of HE from my Kiev.

[-K-]
Members
643 posts
8,636 battles

Watching torps go in and dev strike anything is always quite satisfying

[KNMSU]
Members
3,368 posts
3,941 battles

I dunno. Probably a double kill at some point. Or pretty much any Atlanta/Flint - I love watching them die.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,227 battles

My favourite kill was actually 8... althought it was tier one it was still quite a silly game.... 

1v8 was last one alive with half hp in a black swan and i ran back to my base citadeling every ship in sight and of which i won the game. First solo warrior

IMG_3232.JPG

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,664 posts
3,815 battles

Catching two full health Musashis with broadside presented at point blank range with my Musashi.

1st salvo, boom one dead Musashi

2nd salvo, boom two dead Musashis

Easy 200k damage there.

[AGPIS]
Members
354 posts
2,416 battles

Enemy New Orleans at ultra low hit points against my Mogami. It's down to the wire, we're behind on points, 15 seconds left. I'm the last one on my team left, with three enemy ships still alive. I'm turning to strike. I fire my salvo and watch it rain in

0-HIT, ENEMY CRUISER BLOWN UP

Victory at the literal last second. That felt good.

• Cool 1