You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HyperFish

So now I'm the scumbag AFK.

29 comments in this topic

[ANZAC]
[ANZAC]
Members
605 posts
5,043 battles

I'm in the game client. I select random battle and connect. I get the spinny anchor icon, then dumped back to the login page when the match starts.

I'm trying to log back into the game client to resurrect the game when this happens.

image.png.cdf67727fcde1115e3ef2a4d2db60c2b.png

Apologies to my teammates.

There goes my Karma, since everyone loves to report an AFK.

[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
254 posts
3,450 battles

This is why I never report AFK's, computers and the net are far too fickle.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,774 posts
5,809 battles

I only rat them out at the end. Most of the time those who crash can get in before the end of the match.

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,173 battles
9 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

I only rat them out at the end. Most of the time those who crash can get in before the end of the match.

With all the problems of late, I don't bother. I think it is pretty rare that someone enters a match and decides not to play. Most people are having technical issues of one sort or the other, beyond their control. I am not going to add to their problems, seems petty.

• Cool 4

[MEIST]
Members
870 posts
3,054 battles

I never report AFK, I know that stuff happens like this. It is too assuming to think that most AFKs are from some evil plan.

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,850 battles
1 hour ago, DarkStormy said:

This is why I never report AFK's, computers and the net are far too fickle.

Same. It is not always possible to get back in-game in before end, or sometimes even longer.

Members
173 posts
9,966 battles

I get at least one disconnect every night and sometimes three.  Almost always with Atlanta.  I've run the diagnostics and reloaded the entire game program all to no avail.  I can usually log back in before I'm sunk.  That's primarily because planes & DD's avoid Atlanta's whether they are moving or not.  Its kinda "he must be playing possum" mind set.

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
275 posts
8,462 battles

War Gaming knows they have a problem with super lower FPS, starts high before battle starts then dumps to around 11 to 30, also the disconnects within the game at the start or in the middle of it, there fix is to have everyone write a book and look for files and run checks and then send it to them, I think everyone is very tired of this support idea already, just give us a playable game when we spend money to play it please.

Thanks,

Sere_Pj

• Cool 1

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
275 posts
8,462 battles

@HyperFish Happens to everybody bud, don't worry about it, I don't report them anymore, most can get back in if they are still floating in the battle.

Thanks,

Sere_Pj

[WOLFB]
Members
2,684 posts
5,032 battles

You play this game long enough it will happen a few times.

Members
18,173 posts
5,190 battles

Did we get a hotfix of some sort? Had a 116Mb patch before playing last night, and after that, everything was smooth, no issues at all.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,734 posts
3,490 battles

No problems here like people have been saying. Not on my laptop or desktop, both are up to date, both have virus protection. The laptop is about 4 years old, and the Desktop is roughly 5 years old. i7, 16gb of ram, 2 year old graphics card, main HDD is SSD, and my secondary is ye old school HDD that's roughly 10 years old now.

I've crashed occasionly, like may be once or twice in a week, with Aslain's mods installed, but that's basically it.

If you're trying to do a fresh install you need to uninstall, delete the WoWs folder, RESTART, then download and install. If you don't restart you're using the same, possibly broken Registry files. This is the cause of 90% of reinstalls not fixing a problem. 

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,168 posts
5,028 battles

One thing to check when a ship appears to be afk is where its guns are pointing.  A disconnected ship usually has all the guns go back to center line position, and that one should not be reported.  If all the guns are facing one way, they either left the game on purpose or left the keyboard in real life.  That is more questionable.  I had one player actually state in the game chat, "I did my mission, I am leaving."  It was our carrier, and yeah it didn't end well for that match.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

That's the worst. At least when it screws up in a way that allows me to do a force stop, when I get back in, I am taken directly into the match.

[EATME]
Members
107 posts
8,261 battles

My ISP drops me sometimes as well as the game server. One time I was dropped while in queue for battle. I reset my modem, restarted my computer, regained my internet connection and reentered the game but instead of joining my ship in battle, I was sent to port. I have had to do this several times over last summer but only the one time sent to port instead of my ship.

[CK5]
Members
802 posts
6,530 battles

I never report an AKF.  However, players who scream at team mates - every time.  

Members
502 posts
9,026 battles

I report AFKs in the hopes that WG will do something about it. Not certain what they can do but my idea is for AI to take over a AFK player's ship after a certain amount of time and that player earns only a penalty.

[FAP]
Members
42 posts
4,176 battles

I have never had a full crash but am running a brand new custom built rig.  Once or twice I have been stalled at the loading screen and have to hard exit the game and then reload.  If you are having problems it is probably due to memory.  The best solution is to reboot your computer prior to playing and make sure no other apps are open while playing.

[SF-A]
Beta Testers
302 posts
9,880 battles

Since I pay cash for Premium, Upgrades, Flags, and my time is valuable, the constant crashes are costing me real money. Because they are due to WG known, but unresolved problems, I think I, and everyone else suffering through these crashes should be given compensation, in the form of Premium time, flags, and upgrades that were wasted due to the crashes. I'm not requesting compensation for my wasted time or frustration. I think WG should address this issue, or face the prospect of lost players, and/or a class action lawsuit.

I do love the game, but after months of patience fighting this WG problem, this old man is getting pissed. 

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,104 battles

I've been disconnected numerous times. Even with newest patch it is going on. I checked my ISP with Ping Plotter and it doesn't seem to be from my side. I have a 50 meg connection that is hardwired. The frame rates and stuttering have gotten better since the last patch, but I still CTD just before a battle starts. Happens maybe 3-4 times a night. Funny that it happens more on weekends than weekdays. Maybe server can't handle the stress of more players? I know WG was sending out a message of "server overload" a while back, but they stopped doing that. Probably got too many complaints. 

[WOLF6]
Members
63 posts
3,018 battles

I went to torp a cruiser in the middle to late part of the match that was just sitting at his starting point when he came to life and started moving before I could fire. I never got the shot and went to a cap instead. He never got into the battle and was finished off by someone else. If it’s a red ship then it’s a free kill. I don’t report because I feel bad enough when it happens to me. On the same note, I have taken out other ships so intent on sinking my afk cv that they didn’t see me. 

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,828 battles

Someone told me that AFK reports are not held against players when the crash is reported to WG. This seemed quite reasonable, so I have never had qualms about reporting. Perhaps an authority can weigh in on that.

Also when my game crashes I can log in before the battle is over and resume game. I suspect that something happens when the game legit crashes, because multiple times it has happened when i am targeted by more than one person and i am in the open.  3 Mins later when i log in again, i am still alive, in a whole other part of the map.

Although i always wait til the end of the match to report afk's. A$$hats in chat however, that I do right away.

[MN73]
Members
70 posts
1,769 battles

Wow didnt know people had problems staying connected.  I have never lost connection to a match .