You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Stormie1126

Just venting a tad

19 comments in this topic

Members
246 posts
1,360 battles

Like the title says, just venting a bit here....

But OH MY GOD, *[edited] THE KAISER*. [edited] it with a rusty pitchfork.

I thought the dispersion on the NY and Kongo were bad, but JESUS. I can't hit *crap* even close up. It's like my invisible gunners are going "Oh you wanted to hit this ship? The one over here? Well we're gonna aim for THIS ISLAND INSTEAD, THAT'S WHAT YOU WANTED, RIGHT?? RIGHT?!? PLEASE LOVE US!"

Also, screw the crappy 'teamwork' that's apparently been going on this week. My fellow BB captains have gone from hanging back ineffectively to pushing, then turning tail and running when they lose 5 HP. At least it's progress....I guess?

That said, is there an off chance anyone has any tips for magically getting my shells to get even close to where I'm aiming in this POS?

Edited by Stormie1126

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,863 battles

I feel ya pain. Grin and bear it. Just experiment with different ranges. See which one works best. 

[WOLF6]
Members
315 posts
4,578 battles
1 hour ago, Stormie1126 said:

I thought the dispersion on the NY and Kongo were bad, but JESUS. I can't hit *crap* even close up. It's like my invisible gunners are going "Oh you wanted to hit this ship? The one over here? Well we're gonna aim for THIS ISLAND INSTEAD, THAT'S WHAT YOU WANTED, RIGHT?? RIGHT?!? PLEASE LOVE US!"

Also, screw the crappy 'teamwork' that's apparently been going on this week. My fellow BB captains have gone from hanging back ineffectively to pushing, then turning tail and running when they lose 5 HP. At least it's progress....I guess?

That said, is there an off chance anyone has any tips for magically getting my shells to get even close to where I'm aiming in this POS?

Free xp past it . The Konig will make it all better .

[PVE]
Members
5,682 posts
18,271 battles
6 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

Free xp past it . The Konig will make it all better .

I disagree, it is a waste of free xp. Just play it in co-op, it shouldn't take too much time there plus you will earn a bit of captain xp as well. Co-op isn't nearly as stressful at PvP play and against the bots, the Kaiser will do just fine.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

I kept Kaiser. Sure, Kaiser's inaccurate, but pretty much every other tier 4 is too.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,281 posts
12,830 battles

If inaccuracy in BBs sends you in a rage, the German BB line might not be for you.

• Cool 2

[SF-A]
Members
2,902 posts
5,722 battles

Drop the line and go play French cruisers. Dispersion on those things is just awesome.

[SPTR]
Members
25,836 posts
11,141 battles

German BBs are known for being the most inaccurate BBs in the game especially at range, their main guns might as well be secondaries.

Welcome to Random Battles, where teams don't communicate or form a plan at the start, DDs shoot constantly to give their position away, cruisers drive straight at the enemy team in a suicidal rush, BBs just don't push up or play too passively, teammates torping each other and CVs whose fighter squadron areives too late to save you from that ennemy torpedo bomber squadron.

go to Co-Op or Operations to verse bots something your teammates can actually have enough brainpower to kill. Or go to CWs for epic teamwork if you have T10s. 

[VW]
Members
1,950 posts
12,501 battles

try to aim for the middle of the ship, aiming at the waterline sends all shells in the water. go for pens, not cits, it will do guaranteed damage rather than all whiffs.

Members
18,363 posts
5,241 battles
2 hours ago, Stormie1126 said:

Yes. 

Stop now, and forget about the KM BBs altogether. With the exception of König, it doesn't get any better.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,050 posts
7,265 battles
2 hours ago, Stormie1126 said:

Actually as bad as the dispersion is, its one of the most consistent dispersion patterns. If you manage to learn the dispersion patterns it would then be a lot easier to hit ships with trust me. Nassau/kaiser took me at least 15 battles to learn it fullly. Once i hit that i finally knew what i was doing and was golden.

[SALVO]
Members
17,152 posts
17,812 battles
3 hours ago, Stormie1126 said:

Get closer to the enemy you're shooting at.

Members
4,587 posts
6,538 battles

Tier 7 I get aiming mod 1 in upgrades.  I put that on my Scharnhorst. Helps to some degree. 

[EATME]
Members
107 posts
8,261 battles

Go play a few battles in Kawachi, then come back to Kaiser and you will think "My God, these guns are great!"

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
2 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

German BBs are known for being the most inaccurate BBs in the game especially at range, their main guns might as well be secondaries.

Ya, German BBs remind me of the insults hurled by the French in the Holy Grail.

I shoot in your general direction!

Members
246 posts
1,360 battles

I love the idiots trying to give "advice" like "get closer" and "aim for the citadel". -_-

Someone said go for French cruisers....I've actually been pretty happy with the German ones, aside from kinda weak armor and only one forward turret, I've liked the Konigsberg and Nurnberg. Super accurate and almost instant reload.

Thing about the German line is, I went for it cuz I heard it had the best armor of the free BB lines, was tired of getting wrecked in other BBs even with angling, and I was ecstatic with it up till now (especially with the Nassau, dispersion wasn't too terrible and holy crap that armor) much happier than with the USN and IJN lines (which I've worked up to T5 in each, so I'm well aware of the Kawachii :p Kaiser is MUCH worse IMO). I don't have any T10s, 6 is the highest I've gotten in any line, with all but one of my active ships being T5, all in USN, IJN, or KM.

I could play Co op, sure, but it's just so boring fighting bots. Plus the XP rewards are nerfed a bit too much for my liking. Not to mention half the time you only have a few humans on your own team. I have had a handful of matches where teamwork has been SUPERB....we need another mode not restricted to T10 that's specifically for players looking to coordinate XP

1 hour ago, cometguy said:

This made me spit my coffee XD

[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
85 posts
3,865 battles
6 hours ago, Stormie1126 said:

Its all worth it once you get a fully upgraded Konig, huge fun at t5. Kaiser also suffers from facing a bunch of powerful BBs at same tier. Konig once fully upgraded doesn't feel awful when up tiered and is godlike top tier. In my opinion the 2 weakest ships in the German BB line are the Kaiser and the t9 FDG.

Members
191 posts
2 hours ago, cometguy said:

Your cruisers are powered by hamsters and your destroyers smell of oil flatulence.
Now go away or i will torpedo you a second time.

Yea, pretty much. Is the only line under Germany i will not be opening...ever.
Shiny horse gave me all the info i needed on that line.

Edited by xovian
  • Cool 1

Members
3,825 posts
14,163 battles

Consider the poor shell dispersal to be the price you pay for that awesome survivability. And if you think the German dispersal is bad, you aint seen nothin' 'til you've tried out the tech line French BBs. :cap_fainting: