28 comments in this topic

[WOLFK]
Members
1 post
2,207 battles

Just wrapped up today's games and I'm struggling vs the BB HE spam, particularly from RN BB's... There's no skill requirement to do damage at all, and any skill in driving (angling, etc.) is rendered moot when they do 10-15k per volley plus 2 fires WHEN ANGLED. Conqueror in particular also comes with troll armor and citadel. Don't tell me the health pool is small, because it's not that small and they still have a pretty strong heal, even after the nerf. WG... what have you done to me??

• Cool 1

[-TNT-]
Members
99 posts
10,285 battles

The HE spam is all we have on brit BB cause our AP sucks ....They gave us a 10 BB with 457 guns that you can't use ,419 are fire shotguns  ,1 trick pony  that not very fun to play ... If they could give us AP on 457 that hit and did soild dam would be very welcome change . Boat should be a sniper .....but not ...1 trick pony

• Bad 1

[-TNT-]
Members
99 posts
10,285 battles

If they gave us option to change gun's instead of 419 only guns worth a sh?t . 2x2 457 on top turret then 2x3 419 on bodem .Then we would have a usable 457 option . Right now 457 suc?....457 should be a wrecking ball sniper rifle ....But instead they gave us a 457 limp might hit come in last place .......... That suc?s Please do something to fix dam 457 gun's

[SALVO]
Members
17,145 posts
17,811 battles
59 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

An easier to hit citadel, like Yamato, would be a nice nerf.

Oh that's great.  "Fix" the problem by NOT fixing the real problem. 

[SALVO]
Members
17,145 posts
17,811 battles
3 hours ago, grgistasty said:

Just wrapped up today's games and I'm struggling vs the BB HE spam, particularly from RN BB's... There's no skill requirement to do damage at all, and any skill in driving (angling, etc.) is rendered moot when they do 10-15k per volley plus 2 fires WHEN ANGLED. Conqueror in particular also comes with troll armor and citadel. Don't tell me the health pool is small, because it's not that small and they still have a pretty strong heal, even after the nerf. WG... what have you done to me??

I entirely agree that it really stinks that the Devs created the entire RN BB line based on an HE spamming meta.  The AP isn't entirely useless, but it's definitely not very good either, except perhaps on the Queen Lizzy.  I really wish that WG had left well enough alone and stuck with the tried and true AP slinging BB meta that actually does require some skill.

That said, I have serious doubts that they'll rework the RN BB line to return to an AP sling meta. 

Right now, I'm on the T8 Monarch, and am  tolerating it.  It's not as good as the KGV.  I swear that I could do better in a KGV rather than the Monarch if I could use it in any battle the Monarch found itself in, even tier 10 ones.  It might not really be true, but I gotta say that even when I was in tier 9 battles with my T7 KGV I felt much more comfortable and productive than I am with the Monarch when it's bottom tier.  The Monarch's guns just feel underwhelming.

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Oh that's great.  "Fix" the problem by NOT fixing the real problem. 

For me the real problem is that it is boring to fight against.

edit: I would also like to see Monty’s old citadel back. Only Conq is more annoying, because that really doesnt take any skill to play with.

Edited by LemonadeWarrior

[SALVO]
Members
17,145 posts
17,811 battles
4 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

For me the real problem is that it is boring to fight against.

edit: I would also like to see Monty’s old citadel back. Only Conq is more annoying, because that really doesnt take any skill to play with.

I disagree with both.  I think that BBs should be tough as nails.  I think that it makes the game far more enjoyable to play that way.

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

I disagree with both.  I think that BBs should be tough as nails.  I think that it makes the game far more enjoyable to play that way.

Tough as nails in a skillful way, imho. Powerful guns that do damage on broadside ships. 

Since that is not the case anymore I mostly stopped playing BBs. 

[SALVO]
Members
17,145 posts
17,811 battles
2 hours ago, War182 said:

If they gave us option to change gun's instead of 419 only guns worth a sh?t . 2x2 457 on top turret then 2x3 419 on bodem .Then we would have a usable 457 option . Right now 457 suc?....457 should be a wrecking ball sniper rifle ....But instead they gave us a 457 limp might hit come in last place .......... That suc?s Please do something to fix dam 457 gun's

I can't take people who claim that the 457's aren't worth a damn.  When the 16" guns feel so good, just about anything that's "not as good" can feel like crap when maybe they actually aren't as bad as some make them out to be.

I personally think that one way to nerf the Conqueror would be to remove the 16" guns and leave the 18" guns as the only guns available.

[SALVO]
Members
17,145 posts
17,811 battles
11 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Tough as nails in a skillful way, imho. Powerful guns that do damage on broadside ships. 

Since that is not the case anymore I mostly stopped playing BBs. 

Broadside BBs really shouldn't be as ridiculously vulnerable as you'd have them be.  There's a reason why BBs in real life  fought broadside to the enemy.  it was because their belt armor was their STRONGEST armor.  Instead, in this game, it ends up being the weakest, particularly when BBs have overly high citadels.

Furthermore, due to the ranges at which combat occurs with high tier BBs in this game, it invalidates all the modern armoring schemes created for newly built BBs in the 1930's and rewards an obsolete armoring scheme, i.e. the German turtleback.  Naval Architects in the 1930's designed their new BBs under the assumption that BBs would fight each other at ranges greater than those in WoWS.  Ranges at which the  German Turtleback armor scheme would have been vulnerable, while modern armor on USN BB's for example would have performed much better.

Instead, you seem to want to turn reality on its head and make obsolete armor schemes great and the most advanced ones ineffective.  Now, I'm not arguing in favor of truly hardcore reality because that would require combat at greater ranges.  But what can be done is what was done by the devs, i.e. lowering USN high tier BB citadels so that they would perform as designed, even if it is at the lower ranges seen in this game.

Edited by Crucis

Members
311 posts
2,336 battles

Its not just british HE, its all HE, theres a reason its the meta and its not because its balanced.

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
21 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Broadside BBs really shouldn't be as ridiculously vulnerable as you'd have them be.  There's a reason why BBs in real life  fought broadside to the enemy.  it was because their belt armor was their STRONGEST armor.  Instead, in this game, it ends up being the weakest, particularly when BBs have overly high citadels.

Furthermore, due to the ranges at which combat occurs with high tier BBs in this game, it invalidates all the modern armoring schemes created for newly built BBs in the 1930's and rewards an obsolete armoring scheme, i.e. the German turtleback.  Naval Architects in the 1930's designed their new BBs under the assumption that BBs would fight each other at ranges greater than those in WoWS.  Ranges at which the  German Turtleback armor scheme would have been vulnerable, while modern armor on USN BB's for example would have performed much better.

Instead, you seem to want to turn reality on its head and make obsolete armor schemes great and the most advanced ones ineffective.  Now, I'm not arguing in favor of truly hardcore reality because that would require combat at greater ranges.  But what can be done is what was done by the devs, i.e. lowering USN high tier BB citadels so that they would perform as designed, even if it is at the lower ranges seen in this game.

I can say that reality doesn’t equal fun, but you know that.

If thats the path WG wants to go its fine by me. I just find BBs in general boring to play with, because of this.

edit: I feel like you misunderstand me, vulnerable as Missouri is okay. Only bad for straightliners.

Edited by LemonadeWarrior

[SALVO]
Members
17,145 posts
17,811 battles
16 minutes ago, manon45 said:

Its not just british HE, its all HE, theres a reason its the meta and its not because its balanced.

There's nothing all that wrong with HE spamming from cruisers and DDs.  The problem, such as it is, comes from HE spamming BBs.  There's always been a few noobs who would spam HE in their BBs even before the RN BB line came out.  But since the RN BB line arrived on the scene, there have been more and more HE spamming noobs in non-RN BBs.

Now, mind you, usually, if players in non-RN BBs are blindly spamming HE, they're only hurting themselves and their team, because non-RN BBs are really meant be AP slingers.

Supertester
419 posts
6,178 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

There's nothing all that wrong with HE spamming from cruisers and DDs.  The problem, such as it is, comes from HE spamming BBs.  There's always been a few noobs who would spam HE in their BBs even before the RN BB line came out.  But since the RN BB line arrived on the scene, there have been more and more HE spamming noobs in non-RN BBs.

Now, mind you, usually, if players in non-RN BBs are blindly spamming HE, they're only hurting themselves and their team, because non-RN BBs are really meant be AP slingers.

Can you really blame them for spamming HE on non-RN BBs? Surely, RN has by far the best HE, but it's not like a GK can't deal massive damage against angled targets by using the same trick. I've been on the receiving end of 15k damage salvos with double fire from a GK. And even without the 1/4 pen, a 406mm HE shell can still damage pratically every ship as long as the shell hits anywhere except the belt armor or the turrets, and because even the BB with the worst fire chance can still set fires with ease, there'll always be some damage being dealt. I honestly feel like HE should simply be removed from all BBs. Surely, good players can and will make good use of both ammo types in the right situations for maximum effectiveness, but bad players who just fire HE at everything should not get to deal even half of the damage that a good player can pump out by planning their ammo changes with care. As of right now, a reasonably good BB player (except Conqueror players) will fire nothing but AP except against angled BBs or cruisers that they can't overmatch, so against these guys you simply cannot avoid taking constant damage. Meanwhile, a stupid BB player HE spamming stuff in a Montana is also hard to avoid taking constant damage from, even if it's not as much damage as you'd take from a good player, and that's where the problem lies.

Or maybe they should make HE the premium ammo for all BBs, just to spice things up for HE spammers :Smile_trollface:

[-TNT-]
Members
99 posts
10,285 battles
On 3/7/2018 at 1:14 AM, LemonadeWarrior said:

An easier to hit citadel, like Yamato, would be a nice nerf.

You can citadel the Conqueror now . If i show your  broadside you do take citadel most of the time it's Montana's that cit me . The Ship is probably the hardest ship to cit still.

[-TNT-]
Members
99 posts
10,285 battles
On 3/7/2018 at 2:32 AM, Crucis said:

I can't take people who claim that the 457's aren't worth a damn.  When the 16" guns feel so good, just about anything that's "not as good" can feel like crap when maybe they actually aren't as bad as some make them out to be.

I personally think that one way to nerf the Conqueror would be to remove the 16" guns and leave the 18" guns as the only guns available.

Your a troll . 8 , 457 guns that if your lucky you hit 2 shots a volley .With HE you may start a fire .With AP you get  mad . These gun s should be long range wrecking ball's . It should be a sniper . When we look to see the Conqueror on the other team if he using 457 we kill him with out fear ....what's  he going to  do hit us , Ya right ,, If we are fighting 419 we stay back ...Cause what he is going to do is hit you with 1.8 sigma shot guns and catch you on fire . because AP not worth using on either gun. That's very sad but true .

[-TNT-]
Members
99 posts
10,285 battles

So i have some very good idea's to fix gun's on Conqueror . 419 is a shotgun fire starter . I don't like BB fire starter's but the HE dam is to good not to use . And AP suck's on both guns . DON"T believe me try using only AP see what happend's . So 419 is solid no need to change . But 457 is the big big problem . They have a 2.0 sigma and 25 reload and suck bad ??? How is that possible . You don't get very many hit's for much damage with the 457's . So you could give AP better pen angle's like US AP. Faster AP less angle mabey . Even better sigma since you only have 8 gun's at a 10 bb. But had a very good idea . If we had  turret config of 2x2 457 on top then 2x3 419 on bodem . That could be very fun mixing the guns .... Let me know what  you guys think

[-TNT-]
Members
99 posts
10,285 battles

A BB just spamming he over and over at  range .Get's old fast . So it's not a fun ship for me . Changing the 457 turret config of 2x2 457 on top then 2x3 419 on bodem . Sound like a fun option . Right now even with 2.0 sigma 25 reload on the 8x 457 gun's they suck .... ??? how , but they do

[WOLFB]
Members
1,742 posts
8,331 battles

You know Conqueror has cruiser stealth ? You know what this cruiser stealth mean ? You can close the distance, catch their broadside and citadel them.

But since everyone always focus on HE and forget everything else, you have this....stupid gameplay where a Conqueror spam HE from range for 15 min then decide to move up for the last 5 min if you haven't lose already.

[SALVO]
Members
17,145 posts
17,811 battles
8 hours ago, War182 said:

Your a troll . 8 , 457 guns that if your lucky you hit 2 shots a volley .With HE you may start a fire .With AP you get  mad . These gun s should be long range wrecking ball's . It should be a sniper . When we look to see the Conqueror on the other team if he using 457 we kill him with out fear ....what's  he going to  do hit us , Ya right ,, If we are fighting 419 we stay back ...Cause what he is going to do is hit you with 1.8 sigma shot guns and catch you on fire . because AP not worth using on either gun. That's very sad but true .

I am most certainly NOT a troll.  In internet parlance, a "troll" is someone who seeks to sow discord ... yada-yada-yada.  I most certainly do NOT seek to sow discord.  Claiming that I'm an internet troll is no better than some leftist calling anyone who disagrees with their views a racist or sexist or whatever, even when any clear thinking person knows that the person charged absolutely isn't any of those things.

Why don't you try fixing your spelling and grammar?  It makes you look silly and immature to make baseless accusations against someone simply because you don't agree with me.

[-TNT-]
Members
99 posts
10,285 battles
On 3/9/2018 at 9:23 AM, Crucis said:

I am most certainly NOT a troll.  In internet parlance, a "troll" is someone who seeks to sow discord ... yada-yada-yada.  I most certainly do NOT seek to sow discord.  Claiming that I'm an internet troll is no better than some leftist calling anyone who disagrees with their views a racist or sexist or whatever, even when any clear thinking person knows that the person charged absolutely isn't any of those things.

Why don't you try fixing your spelling and grammar?  It makes you look silly and immature to make baseless accusations against someone simply because you don't agree with me.

Troll ......If you believe the 457 AP is good us it .....

• Bad 1

[-TNT-]
Members
99 posts
10,285 battles
On 3/10/2018 at 6:22 AM, EAnybody said:

Yeah, I'm not always agreeing with @Crucis here, but if anyone's the noobie troll on this thread, it's you, @War182

And quit butt kissing ,,,,We are trying to fix the broken as? 457  gun's . It should have been wrecking ball's AP nightmare sniper  ,but it's a joke . Don't believe me take the 457 AP challenge ..........Dare you

• Bad 1