You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Blorgh2017

Gascogne doesn't have a catapult plane?

12 comments in this topic

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,467 posts
3,405 battles

Why yes, she does have the consumable... but it's missing on her in-game model. There is no plane on the launcher at the stern of the ship, and when you activate the consumable, a plane just magically appears out of a thin air and flies awaaaaaaaaaaaaaay~... lol...

Spoiler

20180306202142_1.thumb.jpg.f3414cb671badc38714458d1b92c01af.jpg

What Sorcery is this, a magically appearing seaplane?? xD

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles

They build the plane and strap the pilot in upside down, then the floor panel flips so fast that you don't even know where it came from. All part of that advance G-force training. 

• Funny 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,491 battles

That big grey rectangle at the fore end of the catapult is the hangar door.  They just didn't make an animation of it being hoisted out of the hold and placed onto the catapult.  I think the modeling crew is saving fun things like that for when they run out of new ships to build.

[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles

I get the feeling the explaination for this is very much like this..

738A4713-C2F2-4AB3-95B4-EE7A250450BF.jpeg.c87c2dfc3e10aff721f0d18c672d96af.jpeg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Testers
284 posts
4,392 battles

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I just played a game in the Gascogne and the spotter plane did work even if there is not a plane shown on the catapult. This is being looked into and we will forward this to the devs.

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,467 posts
3,405 battles
6 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

That big grey rectangle at the fore end of the catapult is the hangar door.  They just didn't make an animation of it being hoisted out of the hold and placed onto the catapult.  I think the modeling crew is saving fun things like that for when they run out of new ships to build.

But every other ship with cat plane has a plane model sitting on top of the catapult at all times, just enjoying the scenery of the battle until the captain pushes a button, telling it to fly away.

I had a hunch that the big plate right in front of the catapult was indeed a hangar door, but it surely would've been noice to see the plane itself.

Wait a minute, if the plane is "hoisted" onto the catapult, shouldn't there be a crane too? Where's the crane model on the ship?? O_O

I'm telling you, it's actually a Sorcery...

EDIT: Oh, never mind, the crane is on the right side, folded down... lol.

Edited by Blorgh2017

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,491 battles

Yep, folded so the main guns don't blow it to tiny metal shards. ;)

[TWFT2]
Beta Testers
262 posts
3,996 battles
32 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

You know, little animations like that would be pretty awesome. Might want to lower the render on them for sake of CPUs, but seeing that on my ships while in battle would make my day.

Members
548 posts
2,973 battles
30 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

But every other ship with cat plane has a plane model sitting on top of the catapult at all times, just enjoying the scenery of the battle until the captain pushes a button, telling it to fly away.

I had a hunch that the big plate right in front of the catapult was indeed a hangar door, but it surely would've been noice to see the plane itself.

Wait a minute, if the plane is "hoisted" onto the catapult, shouldn't there be a crane too? Where's the crane model on the ship?? O_O

I'm telling you, it's actually a Sorcery...

EDIT: Oh, never mind, the crane is on the right side, folded down... lol.

Not true. Look at German and British BBs.

[-SYN-]
Members
214 posts
4,261 battles

It happens once in awhile, Bismarck's is missing as well, while Tirpitz always is sitting on the catapult.