Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

Sell Lion or FDG

8 comments in this topic

Members
1,857 posts
8,754 battles

In general I don't sell ships but made an exception for the Izumo since I never wanted to look at it again. It seems unlikely I would ever play the Lion or the FDG given WoWS matchmaking when I could just play the GK or Conqueror. If I did want to play a T9 BB the Missouri seems to obvious choice. Before I sell at pennies on the dollar any suggestions on why I would ever play either one of these?

I'll probably use the money to buy the Alsace which seems illogical since it's another Tier 9 BB and I'm not really enthused to get the Republique.

Edited by CaptainTeddybear

Members
1,535 posts
8,158 battles

Hey

Well I sold the POS FDG once since I hated it so much; but, then bought it back to continue the grind to the GK.  Not sure that was a wise move on part but did it.   If had to do all over again. I would have stopped at T8 and been done., I would have saved a ton of doubloons, credits and whole lot of aggravation.

Pete

Members
842 posts

I would second the idea of binning the FDG.  It's horrid, from a large number of aspects. If you want to play high-tier KM BBs, the GKF is simply much more fun.

I too usually don't toss old ships (having a whole lot of port slots), but the FDG got sold the instant I earned enough for the GKF.  Not that I play the latter that much anyway, but when I do, it's not the toenail-pulling experience the FDG was.

• Cool 1

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,045 posts
10,426 battles

Tier 9 ships are normally just gimped versions of the tier 10.  The only possible exceptions to that seem to be the Fletcher and the Alsace ( perhaps Taiho - but it's a CV and who knows what the hell they are going to do with them anyway ).  FDG sucks in every way compared to the GK, and the Lion, while not a bad ship, is not worth playing if you have the additional firepower made available by the 3 extra barrels of the Conq.  There are only a handful of non-tier 10 tech tree ships worth keeping, FDG and the Lion are not on that list.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

You might get a tad more reward being in a T9... but I sold my FDG strictly because I have the GK, Tirpitz and Bismarck. I would keep the Lion. I just would. 

1,542 posts
26 battles

I love these ships but that's just me, if you feel you won't play them then no harm in selling to buy a ship you will play and get enjoyment out of 

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

Why do you need to ask Lion is a ninja flame thrower and FDG is Bismarck at tier 9. Bismarck is fine at tier 8 not 9. Lion is my favorite British BB.

Members
1,535 posts
8,158 battles

Hey

What do you know; I still absolutely hate the FDG (biggest POS of the German tree), 2 games today, less than 12K damage for the 1st and 34K for the second.  Between the [edited] dispersion even at 10-12 km range, and very little damage from the 420's.  Not to mention the hull itself just soaks up damage.  If it was's for grinding to the GK, I would quit it a second time.  My new MO. is so much better, more fun, more consistent, better in every way.

Pete

Sign in to follow this