Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Landing_Skipper

Which Ship for Jean-Jacque Honore?

17 comments in this topic

[-GPS-]
Members
2,536 posts
25,018 battles

So I just got the Alsace.  Getting ready to move Jean-Jacque up the BB line, I stopped and asked myself “Wouldn’t I get more out of him in the Henri IV?”  Expert Marksman and Adreneline Rush are his special skills. Sure they apply to BBs, but it wouldn’t hurt to buff Henri’s Turret traverse a bit and AR is great for almost any boat. 

Henri and the Minotaur are my two best Tier 10 Cruisers.

I’m happy to have Alsace, but the Republique doesn’t appeal to me much in its current form. Frankly, the French BBs are frustrating to me because of the RNG dependent damage and the wonky dispersion. The Conqueror and Montana are my favorite Tier 10 BBs, although my skill using Yamato is finally improving.  I like accuracy and consistent damage in a BB.  

Please let us know your thoughts on how to use Jean-Jacque for the best results.

Edited by Landing_Skipper

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,156 posts
10,144 battles

I have him on the Alsace, and loan him out to Gascogne and De Grasse regularly. 

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,963 battles

Actually the best use for him is the Agile for me.

[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
683 posts
10,526 battles

I'm using him in Gascogne though I plan to retrain for Richelieu once I get her and have him pull double duty then gradually move him to Republic 

Edited by yamato6945

[-AGW-]
Members
665 posts
9,490 battles

Yeah, considering his specializations I'll probably use him in Agile, if and when I get it.

Members
100 posts
348 battles

I have him in my Richairu atm and regularlly rotate him in my Gascogne, Dunkerque, De Grasse, and Aigle.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,839 posts
11,534 battles

I was gonna use him on the DD, but now I am not sure I will be getting it.

[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,201 battles

Since Adrenaline Rush and Expert Marksman are his special skills, he works good on most any of the French ships. They all seem to have crappy turret traverse, including the Aigle. I use adrenaline rush on all my cruisers and battleships so I just plopped him on the Lyon since I had a 13 point captain for my Charles Martel already. I don't care much for the premium DD, it is "meh" so will just use it to farm a first win bonus in PvE and let it alone. 

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,359 battles

You're high as hell.  French BBs have mega good turret traverse.  If making it even better goes with your atyle, it is great to have on them.  The only downside will be picking between AFT and fire prevention.

[RMRGD]
Members
183 posts
16,888 battles

I threw him on my Lyon given its turrets are rather slow.  Due to the builds I do Tier 8 - X French BBs his skills don't really offer much for my play style.   But on the Lyon he is excellent

[WOLFB]
Members
1,723 posts
8,242 battles

Most French ship will take advantage of Jean Jacques. Expert Marksman and Adrenaline Rush are both 2 skill important for BB Cruiser or even Aigle.  

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,026 posts
3,520 battles

Jean with AR, on Aigle, will reduce the reload time down to 3.1 seconds, when Aigle is at 1% of her health, provide you also grab BFT commander skill as well...

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles
2 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Jean with AR, on Aigle, will reduce the reload time down to 3.1 seconds, when Aigle is at 1% of her health, provide you also grab BFT commander skill as well...

... How about 100% boost to reload when you are dead?

That's how useful your suggestion is. On average, you get 50% most likely, if you are lucky.

Edited by NeutralState

[OPG]
Members
3,970 posts
5,672 battles

I use him on the République, but you should honestly put him on what ever ship you enjoy most.  That being said, even though the Henri is one of my favorite ships in game, I did the math and decided that Honore's special abilities have a more noticeable impact on BBs.  

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,026 posts
3,520 battles

... How about 100% boost to reload when you are dead?

That's how useful your suggestion is.

It is entirely possible to survive a battle with 1% of your health remaining... in fact I have done so. 46 hp left... didn't have AR either. Just because one has to go to 1% health remaining to see the full benefit, does not mean it is useless. At 50%, if the commander only has .2% per percent health lost, you see the effect of both BFT and TAE, on main battery and torpedo tubes, if you use it on the destroyer. With Jean's .25% per percent health lost, you see that kind of benefit at 60% remaining hp, rather than 50%hp. 2 3-point skills, for the price of 40% of your health, and 2 skill points. 40% health loss, is something a destroyer is likely to have happen to her, if she scouts, or attempts to cap. Why not benefit from guaranteed damage.

The 3.1 second reload, is an extreme case, yes, but it is something that is achievable and survivable. Aigle is one of the few destroyers that can actually benefit from AR. Okhotnik is another that can benefit from AR.

But, it is up to the player whether or not to grab AR for their destroyer. "Is the reward, worth the risk?" is a question the player must ask them. For me, the answer is a sound "depends on the base reload of the main batteries. 3 second base reload, the reward isn't worth it. 4 second and greater, only if it is .25% bonus. 10 second+ Yes, it could very well be worth the risk."

Do not belittle someone, simply because you disagree with them.

Edited by Counter_Gambit
Accidentally deleted the quote

Sign in to follow this