You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
centarina

Grinding them like a Man!

17 comments in this topic

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

12 hours ago, Canadatron said:

Free xping your modules is cheating :) Grind them like a man!

saw this on one of the thread and    wanted to discuss this.       for my own experience,  when  missouri was announced, I stopped using  FXP for  upgrade or skipping a ship.  It has been almost 1.5 years since I've started to grind stock hull and  I find the full experience enriching.     I've also played most of my time as free account to experience the glory of WOWs as developers designed it.    Now, I am down to last few lines to grind (and those were ones that I've quit previously on)  and I am grinding for grind sake but running out of those as well.    I have to figure out what I want to do next  lol.  

any other  OCD people here with similar tale?  :D

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,966 battles
8 minutes ago, centarina said:

saw this on one of the thread and    wanted to discuss this.       for my own experience,  when  missouri was announced, I stopped using  FXP for  upgrade or skipping a ship.  It has been almost 1.5 years since I've started to grind stock hull and  I find the full experience enriching.     I've also played most of my time as free account to experience the glory of WOWs as developers designed it.    Now, I am down to last few lines to grind (and those were ones that I've quit previously on)  and I am grinding for grind sake but running out of those as well.    I have to figure out what I want to do next  lol.  

Try grinding the Izumo to get to the Yamato. Heh heh.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,904 battles
7 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Try grinding the Izumo to get to the Yamato. Heh heh.

Was there, did it, got my t-shirt. 

With enough premiums, flags and premium time it isn’t hard to hoard free XP. 

I have all free XP ships so I used them now to skip the T8/9 French stock hulls. After that the higher tier ships of this line are good enough that there is no real need for the other modules. 

I‘m in the same boat with the grinding of ships. The only ones I didn’t have finished are the new BBs and both carriers. And even those are at T9 for the IJN and T8 for the USN. I‘m not good with CV so I only use them in co op so it will take some time to get them done. Also no incentive to spend tons of free XP on them.

Members
18,235 posts
5,209 battles

I'm just always short on FXP, so I don't have a choice lol.

I do flag and camo up for the upgrading grind though....

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,966 battles
2 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

With enough premiums, flags and premium time it isn’t hard to hoard free XP. 

I did mine the old fashioned way. After that  I cried Never Again! Free XP past any lemon ships!

Edited by Bill_Halsey

[-TKS-]
Members
301 posts
5,967 battles

ive been grinding from the beginning and wish i had the option i would free xp my way in.  everyone talks about the mid tier / lv  grind  but going into battle at lvl7 /8  with brand new ships is hard . 

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

Free xping your modules is cheating :) Grind them like a man!

sure -- I can respect that.  Doesn't mean I'm not gonna Free XP my modules...but I can respect the ditch digger attitude. 

[ZNAVY]
[ZNAVY]
Members
249 posts
7,117 battles

I almost always use my free exp on my captain skills.  I usually enjoy the grind, because I love the game.  I find the more I get to know the ship, the better I play in it;  but the Yorck was an utterly horrible experience for me, I just couldn’t make that boat work.  Unlocked the upgrades, then free xp’d to the Hipper.  

[-BRS-]
Members
1,632 posts
13,606 battles

It's the journey not the destination that makes the difference

[WDS]
Members
382 posts
7,047 battles
1 hour ago, centarina said:

What makes you think that's the way they designed it ? Maybe they did it just to drive u crazy so u would spend money , which is what they really want no?

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

The man thing is gender specific but I know a few Women who would like  a word with you.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,176 battles

Game's design has problems, it's not the grind that pissing people off. It is somehow unlocked a higher tier, and the new ship is worse in stock configuration than the previous tier. That's just horrific design.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles
10 minutes ago, clammboy said:

What makes you think that's the way they designed it ? Maybe they did it just to drive u crazy so u would spend money , which is what they really want no?

ah,  but  that is the challenge, isn't it?    in most cases, I've had no issue with the stock grind with few exceptions.     some of those few exception has since been eliminated as well. 

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles

I have a job that earns myself money, grinding is like having a second job, therefor I don't grind, as I can afford to convert XP to FXP, so I can play what I like.  

Hats off to anyone who stays the course and grinds all the lines

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,267 battles

When I got my NO I told my teammates it was stock, you should've heard the moans, lol, and I just bought the Baltimore yesterday, yes it's bone stock with a 17 point captain. I'm not quite sure if I should play it stock.