You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Bunyan_

What about a Greek Tech Tree?

18 comments in this topic

[-ARP-]
Members
294 posts
14,030 battles

First off... Just like the other Nations (Pan Asia). This will not be a complete tree (DD, CA, BB) and only goes to Tier VI.

Battleship                                      Cruiser                                Destroyer

Tier II            --------------                                          Elli                                      Thyella

Tier III            Kilkis                                                Dalmacija (Yugoslavia)   Aetos

Tier IV            Vasilefs Konstantino                     Georgios Averof             Kountouriotis

Tier V             Salamis                                             -----------------                       Vasilissa Olga

Tier VI            -------------                                            ------------------                       Vasilefs Georgios

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
9,013 battles

I dunno. I think Greek cruisers will just end up taking it in the rear all the time.

[LHG]
Members
1,659 posts
4,932 battles

Kilkis is a Pre-Dreadnought battleship, not a Dreadnought and not a greatly successful one at that.  She belongs at Tier II.  Georgios Averof will have trouble at T4 unless WG gives you control of her secondary 7.5 inch guns. and well as her 10 inch main battery.  

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Sooner or later the game will at some point maybe just maybe add the official Congo of Africa Navy. 

Don't hold your Breath.

• Bad 1

Members
831 posts
1,260 battles

Sure, but they wont make any profit

[RLGN]
Members
8,297 posts
17,360 battles

Most likely Greek ships will fall in with some form of Eastern Med tech tree; Greece, Austro-Hungarian, and Ottoman/Turkish navies all grouped together.

Blys will likely join something Pan-Baltic, and perhaps eventually there’ll be something Central/South American.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,266 posts
2,029 battles

With all due respect, the Greeks just don't have anywhere close to enough ships to get any lines out, with to without paper.

Most likely they'll come as part of a Pan-European Tree, with other minor naval powers like Sweden, Yugoslaviua, Turkey, Romania, Austro-Hungary, etc. The Netherlands and Spain perhaps could wind up in there as well, although they might be able to get their own trees out as well.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,826 posts
10,383 battles

I would half like to see an 'Allied Superfriends' package of destroyers, the Dutch Isaac Sweers, Polish Blyskawica we have, a Norwegian Stord or Svenner a Yugoslav Dubrovnik, and VasilIssa Olga for the Greeks.

Aside from that, and maybe an Averof as a premium I don't see the point in developing a standalone Greek line.

Edited by mofton

[SALVO]
Members
17,139 posts
17,811 battles

No, just create a Pan-European tech tree for all the nations whose navies just aren't large enough to justify a full tree.

This could include Austria-Hungary, Spain, the Netherlands, Poland, Greece, Turkey, perhaps Portugal, and perhaps others.  This would seem to solve the issue satisfactorily.

• Bad 1

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,438 battles

Maybe we can have a special event where we all get to use triremes and ram each other.

OMG! maybe that's why they added the war drums!

Edited by Amenhir

[RLGN]
Members
8,297 posts
17,360 battles
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

No, just create a Pan-European tech tree...

If nothing else; you’d have one of the sides for the old SJ games; Ogre, and Ogre/GEV... :Smile_hiding:

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,738 posts
2,800 battles

People have been wanting a Combined lesser Euro vehicles for WoT for the longest time, this conversation is exactly the same. I highly doubt the Devs will implement such a tree into the game, and if so then it wont be for a very long time. Don't hold your breath.

[ZNAVY]
[ZNAVY]
Members
254 posts
7,165 battles
2 hours ago, legozer said:

I dunno. I think Greek cruisers will just end up taking it in the rear all the time.

So Greek cruisers will just end up being end up?  Honestly, Greek cruiser sounds like it should be slang for something......

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
9,013 battles

That was where I was headed there...

[ZNAVY]
[ZNAVY]
Members
254 posts
7,165 battles

So, "He hit me like a Greek cruiser, torpedoed in the stern."  

Edited by Gojira420
  • Funny 1

Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

No, just create a Pan-European tech tree for all the nations whose navies just aren't large enough to justify a full tree.

This could include Austria-Hungary, Spain, the Netherlands, Poland, Greece, Turkey, perhaps Portugal, and perhaps others.  This would seem to solve the issue satisfactorily.

You'd have the same basic problem as the Pan-Asian "tree" in that there wouldn't be much branching.  WG seems to feel, based on how players responded to the IJN DD split, that most players aren't interested in lines that terminate before reaching tier 10.  But there's no possible way to make a Pan-European (or Latin American) tree that goes beyond about tier 5 with any ship type other than destroyers. 

I think people who are hoping for Austro-Hungarian or Brazilian dreadnoughts are probably never going to have their patience rewarded, and if they somehow do it would only be in the form of low-tier premiums, not a full tech tree.

[SALVO]
Members
17,139 posts
17,811 battles
8 minutes ago, Vaidency said:

You'd have the same basic problem as the Pan-Asian "tree" in that there wouldn't be much branching.  WG seems to feel, based on how players responded to the IJN DD split, that most players aren't interested in lines that terminate before reaching tier 10.  But there's no possible way to make a Pan-European (or Latin American) tree that goes beyond about tier 5 with any ship type other than destroyers. 

I think people who are hoping for Austro-Hungarian or Brazilian dreadnoughts are probably never going to have their patience rewarded, and if they somehow do it would only be in the form of low-tier premiums, not a full tech tree.

I guess that I'm one of those people who don't care if there are tech trees that don't end at tier 10.  I think that the idea of not including the Austria-Hungarian navy just because the nation ceased to exist after WW1 (and thus wouldn't have anything higher than perhaps tier 6-7 at best) is a travesty.

BTW, this isn't to say that they couldn't have a Pan-European "tree" that was really just a grouping for a collection of premium ships that allowed the player to transfer captains from premium to premium within this "tree".

[HYDRO]
Members
1,600 posts
3,753 battles

If we go by history and uniqueness, then Averof could fit at Tier III. It would be fun with the 238mm guns I think, and the fact it was the last armoured cruiser made could make it more appealing to collectors. Funnily enough, you could fill the last 3 tiers with Fletchers, Gleaves and Gearings rathe easy. I think there are so many lines in wait for their turn however that it will take a while.:Smile_hiding: