ElrabinC

Update 7.2.1 broke minimap icon size at 1440p or higher

5 comments in this topic

[_ARP_]
Members
7 posts
10,474 battles

Minimap icons have shrunk by 75% compared to yesterday's 7.2 patch.

I have changed no settings and the game is nigh unplayable on 2560x1440, i can no longer at-a-glance tell where and what ships are.

Please revert whatever change was made to minimap UI for high resolution, it makes the game practically unplayable

I can't find any way to revert the Minimap icons to yesterday's size

shot-18.03.06_17.02.22-0112.jpg

Edited by ElrabinC

[DONUT]
Members
419 posts
5,306 battles

The mini map often has my ship orientation displayed improperly.  Often the heading is 180 or 90 degrees different from the big map. 

Icy

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,479 posts
4,069 battles

Welcome to the forums.

Have you tried adjust the mini-map size by pressing the '+' and '-' keys? After enlarging it, you can adjust the transparency of the mini-map so that it doesn't block out too much of the screen. Just click on the cogs at the top right corner of the mini-map.

[_ARP_]
Members
7 posts
10,474 battles
6 minutes ago, Panbun said:

Welcome to the forums.

Have you tried adjust the mini-map size by pressing the '+' and '-' keys? After enlarging it, you can adjust the transparency of the mini-map so that it doesn't block out too much of the screen. Just click on the cogs at the top right corner of the mini-map.

The problem isn't the size of the minimap itself.  That's MAXED out

It's the size of the icons.  They're literally 25% of the size they were yesterday.

Specifically the ship icons.

Members
1 post
1,570 battles

Replying for visibility. 1440p resolution and I literally can't see the ships anymore. Please revert back any changes made to minimap ship size UI.