Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Knavbot

Graf Zeppelin Original

11 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
142 posts
3,551 battles

I am basically making this post to complain because I'm annoyed. I would say that the Graf Zeppelin is my absolute favorite ship in the game, I enjoyed playing it from the start even when everything about it was horrible. I was really hopeful at the start when Wargaming decided to reward and include those that purchased the ship and decided to keep it to participate in the testing process. I guess now that the "Testing phase" has come to an end I don't feel like anything we really said was heard and most of us were ignored. I mean here we are seven months later and what has changed. We have six fighters per squadron instead of the previous five, the fighters are classed as T7 instead of T8 to benefit from a captain skill, the drop reticle was changed to a circle to assist players who can't manual drop, the ship was given an amazing consumable called hydro (So useful), They  tweaked the 105's on the deck to work properly, and. 

I guess the above doesn't even matter the Graf Zeppelin is going in the wrong direction, I don't want a CV that has the potential to one shot other players with a single left click, I want a carrier that can compete with the Shokaku and the Enterprise. I don't see how Wargaming can sit there and actually think that the loadouts they've chose can actually do that. I mean honestly do they truly think that one fighter squad with nine planes that doesn't even have enough reserves to replenish the fighter group once can compete with the reserves and squads that the Shokaku and Enterprise have. I mean even if you play either loadout well the 1-2-1 with seven fighter reserves or the 2-0-3 with twelve fighter reserves how can you hope to maintain Air Superiority. I mean you can do this if you end up playing against horrible CV players but I mean honestly. I would be so happy to see the Graf Zeppelin actually created to be able to compete with the other T8 CV's, I don't mention the Lexington because honestly the Lexington is a horrible CV even compared to the original Graf Zeppelin from Gamescom. I don't even know what the post will accomplish most likely it will do nothing at all as most the players who have been trying to steer the Graf Zeppelin in a proper direction from the start and have been ignored. I have watched how included we were in picking the Graf Zeppelins special camo which consisted of spamming a single thread on Facebook with ideas, and then Wargaming did what they wanted without picking a few and letting us decide. I mean don't get me wrong I think they did a great job with the final camo and I honestly like it. I guess I am just upset at watching players outright ignored or whenever trying to talk to a wargaming employee they ignore you and spam photos of baby seals until you stop trying to talk to them. 

I don't have it in for Wargaming, but I did expect more from the test phase and I guess I expected them to take advantage of the test phase and show us that they actually want to listen to what we have to say about the ship and bring the community closer together. Oh well though I guess I'll just learn to expect less and not to expect more from the company and how they handle the community. I started typing this and about a ways through I realized I was only venting and figured there was no point to complain, one post won't matter compared to the last seven months of posts and complaints, one more won't matter. 

Never forget "Year of the CV" and if you're not having "Phun" and being "engaged" it's not Wargaming approved. 

• Cool 6

[DENY]
[DENY]
Beta Testers
97 posts
8,993 battles

I would have to agree with your post, I've been involved in a test phase since the beginning. And while some aspects of the Graf Zeppelin have gotten better other aspects seem to keep falling on deaf ears. Mainly the number of Reserve aircrafts is pathetically low whatever developer believes this is a good idea needs to have their head examined, as for the fighters durability and health that as well is a major issue.

I think a large problem with this testing is that the developers don't seem to be listening to the average players who struggle when facing the shukaku or the Enterprise. And they're spending too much time listening to Unicom players who are claiming at the Graf Zeppelin is now to Op. But it is very disheartening when you lose over half of your Fighters to the AA of a DD, and have no fighters in reserved replacing with.

[OO7]
Members
142 posts
3,551 battles
29 minutes ago, REZ_0311 said:

I would have to agree with your post, I've been involved in a test phase since the beginning. And while some aspects of the Graf Zeppelin have gotten better other aspects seem to keep falling on deaf ears. Mainly the number of Reserve aircrafts is pathetically low whatever developer believes this is a good idea needs to have their head examined, as for the fighters durability and health that as well is a major issue.

I think a large problem with this testing is that the developers don't seem to be listening to the average players who struggle when facing the shukaku or the Enterprise. And they're spending too much time listening to Unicom players who are claiming at the Graf Zeppelin is now to Op. But it is very disheartening when you lose over half of your Fighters to the AA of a DD, and have no fighters in reserved replacing with.

It's not really a unicum vs average player issue, the ship can't compete with a Unicum CV vs a Unicum GZ, or an average CV vs an average GZ. I just don't understand why it seems so wrong to actually balance the GZ when compared to the actual T8 CV's excluding the Lexington for obvious reasons. 

• Cool 1

1,542 posts
26 battles

Hello Knavbot, I'm so sorry you feel that you have been ignored. We appreciate that you take the time to get in touch with us with your feedback and concerns. We are always happy to hear what you have to say, so do please continue to reach out with your insights to us. 

Members
21 posts
21,257 battles

I agree completely with Knavbot. Why should we waste our time providing feedback? At least have the courtesy of telling us WHY we are wrong... or WHO you are listening to. It certainly is not the vast majority of CV players or GZ owners.

I enjoy a challenge, but...

• It is frustrating with such limited fighters at this tier. Make GZ a tier 6 if this is the fighter loadout.
  • After the "final testing", there is no challenge at all in the attack squadrons. Point and Click?  Yawn...  boring! 
  • Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
142 posts
3,551 battles
9 hours ago, WolfofWarship said:

Hello Knavbot, I'm so sorry you feel that you have been ignored. We appreciate that you take the time to get in touch with us with your feedback and concerns. We are always happy to hear what you have to say, so do please continue to reach out with your insights to us. 

Why give insight when it's ignored, honestly the Facebook page was made to communicate with GZ owners and it isn't used in that way at all. I have seen a handful of times the page has actually replied in seven months  and the replies were to trivial matters while ignoring those of us who actually care about the ship. 

[OO7]
Members
142 posts
3,551 battles
9 hours ago, WolfofWarship said:

I'm not even trying to say that I have been ignored, it is the majority of the Graf Zeppelin owners that are being ignored, it isn't a singular issue it's a majority. I mean look at the forums and reddit, most players involved in the GZ have lost hope and don't expect anything from their feedback, or they are the few players who think the 1-2-1 loadout is a god tier loadout. 

[OO7]
Members
142 posts
3,551 battles
9 hours ago, Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD said:

Just wait til you see Shinano's reserve capacity.  That's going to be even MORE of a meme ship.

42 planes, I mean that's horrible. 

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,359 battles

I used to want Shinano as a Battleship and I still kind of do, but I would be more interesting to see how they could possibly make it work as a carrier.  Maybe like some sort of Tier VIII Saipan except with a higher skill floor.  I don't really care about tears for one because I am a nobob at carriers anyhow, but also because from playing regular ships a lot of the drama over them is misplaced, once you figure out what you are doing in the game.

Anyway yeah Shinano with ultraplanes but only so many.  It will be another meme ship, which means I will have to get it.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,798 posts
7,034 battles
1 hour ago, Knavbot said:

Why give insight when it's ignored, honestly the Facebook page was made to communicate with GZ owners and it isn't used in that way at all. I have seen a handful of times the page has actually replied in seven months  and the replies were to trivial matters while ignoring those of us who actually care about the ship. 

Agreed, the lack of genuine communication coupled with the multitool "let's try to please everyone and no one one click wunder" result does not impress. Your OP is very well expressed too, quality post sir!

Sign in to follow this