You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Abides

WG, how hard would this be to fix?

99 comments in this topic

[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles

Played two games in a row with the same results. 3 division mates want to play some games together, two tier 5 and a 6. And these are the games they are thrown into. I understand MM has it's own secret sauce but how hard would it be to not PLUS FRIGGIN 3 tier 5 ships into tier 8 games? this is ludicrous. 

GqiJZLh.jpg

35vbKtk.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles

You do understand that if they didn't do MM this way, people would exploit it so they never had to play bottom tier, right?

• Cool 3

[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles
2 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

You do understand that if they didn't do MM this way, people would exploit it so they never had to play bottom tier, right?

No I don't. why can't these two divisions simply get into a 5-7 game, they are still bottom tier.

• Bad 1

[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles
3 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

there are 24 players in that game that don't want them there. well, the reds don't mind cause its easy points....but what is the challenge of an NC vs a Konigsberg?......I think wvery single person wouldn't mind waiting an extra 13 seconds so that this didn't happen.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles

It would guarantee that the T6 would never be bottom tier.

Members
519 posts
3,437 battles
5 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

No I don't. why can't these two divisions simply get into a 5-7 game, they are still bottom tier.

Because two t8's with a t7  the 8's would never see t10 they would always be top or middle, there's other examples just too lazy..

• Cool 1

Members
18,363 posts
5,241 battles

No, the two Tier 6s would be mid tier. (I know you said 2 Tier 5s, but the exploiters would only use 1, probably a Gremy or Kamikaze. If they used a Zuiho or Bogue, the Tier 6s would be top tier)

Why is it so important? Can't the player with a Tier 6 just run a Tier 5 instead?

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles
16 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Played two games in a row with the same results. 3 division mates want to play some games together, two tier 5 and a 6. And these are the games they are thrown into. I understand MM has it's own secret sauce but how hard would it be to not PLUS FRIGGIN 3 tier 5 ships into tier 8 games? this is ludicrous. 

There's a reason it's called a "Fail Division". Never division with someone of a different tier. MM has to place you into a match based upon the highest tier in your division (or people will abuse it). Since the current MM is +/- 2 tiers, that means if you have a ship in the division that's one tier lower, that means a 3 tier difference. it is even worse if the bottom tier ship in the division is 2 or more tiers off from the highest (have seen it).

I've seen Tier 6's in Tier 10 matches, because the tier 6 divisioned with a Tier 8 (one guess which ship died first in that match).

If you want to play together, you need to all play the same tier (or go into Co-Op). In Co-Op this wouldn't be a problem, but in Randoms you need to keep everyone in the division at the same tier. I keep a ship of every tier simply for this reason. If a friend wants to Division, I have a ship that I can use regardless of what they want to play that matches their Tier.

Edited by FleetAdmiral_Assassin

[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

No, the two Tier 6s would be mid tier. (I know you said 2 Tier 5s, but the exploiters would only use 1, probably a Gremy or Kamikaze. If they used a Zuiho or Bogue, the Tier 6s would be top tier)

Why is it so important? Can't the player with a Tier 6 just run a Tier 5 instead?

I can't answer that..... as to why it's so important...... But a guy playing a tier 5 ship may have less than 40 games under his belt.... does he really need to be in a game with ships that can hold their own against tier 10 ships?

Members
18,363 posts
5,241 battles
1 minute ago, Sweetsie said:

does he really need to be in a game with ships that can hold their own against tier 10 ships?

Does his div mate really have to bring a Tier 6 ship?

[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles
5 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

Because two t8's with a t7  the 8's would never see t10 they would always be top or middle, there's other examples just too lazy..

With that example, I get your point, but they protect low tier players to some degree......how hard would it be to simply protect tier5 ships from tier 8? At least by the time you get to tier 7 (Assume) you have several hundred games under your belt....poor tier 5 players may have started today.

[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

Does his div mate really have to bring a Tier 6 ship?

That isn't the point. If you have a tier 6 player with one or two division mates at tier 5 simply put them in a tier5-7 game.  it isn't rocket surgery.

Members
519 posts
3,437 battles

With that example, I get your point, but they protect low tier players to some degree......how hard would it be to simply protect tier5 ships from tier 8? At least by the time you get to tier 7 (Assume) you have several hundred games under your belt....poor tier 5 players may have started today.

No matter how you want to explain it away you're advocating for an exploit, t5 doesn't need protected, pretty sure there are other posts on fail divisions..

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

That isn't the point. If you have a tier 6 player with one or two division mates at tier 5 simply put them in a tier5-7 game.  it isn't rocket surgery.

You seem to be forgetting something. The Devs have said (repeatedly) that they will not be making changes to matchmaking any time soon and that they are happy with the current +/- 2 Tier matchmaking. Doesn't matter if it is easy or difficult, it is not going to happen.

The solution is quite simple - knowing that MM goes off the highest tier in your division, and knowing that MM has a spread of 2 tiers - only division with ships of the same tier... and problem solved.

YOU can solve the problem without any Dev needing to change the game. The fault isn't with the game makers, the fault is with the division that tried to bring in ships of different tiers within a division.

Edited by FleetAdmiral_Assassin

[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles
3 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

No matter how you want to explain it away you're advocating for an exploit, t5 doesn't need protected, pretty sure there are other posts on fail divisions..

I'm not advocating any exploit.... simply use MM to ensure that if 5's and 6's are together they get a 5-6 game, or they get a 5-7 game..... where is the exploit? Especially if two of the three are tier 5.......run the special sauce and put them in a 5-7 game. want to run uneven divisions, take the lowest tier and go from there. 

Members
18,363 posts
5,241 battles
2 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

That is the point.

Of course it's easy for WG to do. The question is, why would they want to?

For every div that had a legitimate need to do it, (maybe the one player sold his only T5 to get a T6) a bunch more would be running OP T5 DDs or T5 CVs, in order that the T6s didn't have to see T8s.

I'd be the first one looking for an eligible T5 to div with my Spee. Not having to face T8s would let me really crank out the elite XP.

Members
87 posts
404 battles

I like bringing my Saipan-Kidd-Kidd division to give the enemy carrier something to cry about :fish_cute_2:

• Funny 2

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,195 posts
18,949 battles

It’s not a secret that a div will be judged by the highest tier ship to prevent exploits. That’s why a division with a tier difference is called a fail division.  It’s a beginner mistake because they hope they will end in a match with mostly T5 so that the T6 can dominate the match. 

[RUST]
Beta Testers
954 posts
10,442 battles
4 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

I'm not advocating any exploit.... simply use MM to ensure that if 5's and 6's are together they get a 5-6 game, or they get a 5-7 game..... where is the exploit? Especially if two of the three are tier 5.......run the special sauce and put them in a 5-7 game. want to run uneven divisions, take the lowest tier and go from there. 

Because then the highest tier person in the division will never be bottom tier; that is the exploit. As you said, it's not rocket science. 

Members
4,179 posts

My biggest problem, is division with different tier ships.  WTH are you doing this, it almost always ends up in this situation.  (The only way it doesn't if T8 and up.)

[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles
1 minute ago, Erebthoron said:

It’s not a secret that a div will be judged by the highest tier ship to prevent exploits. That’s why a division with a tier difference is called a fail division.  It’s a beginner mistake because they hope they will end in a match with mostly T5 so that the T6 can dominate the match. 

I understand that. JHC...... but to allow two tier 5 ships in a tier 8 game is simply ignorant.

[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles
1 minute ago, Wowzery said:

My biggest problem, is division with different tier ships.  WTH are you doing this, it almost always ends up in this situation.  (The only way it doesn't if T8 and up.)

the people on this forum understand that, the 10's of thousands that aren't don't...that's my frigging point.

Members
4,179 posts

the people on this forum understand that, the 10's of thousands that aren't don't...that's my frigging point.

The one time I asked via in game chat, the reply isn't fit for the forum.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles
2 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

So the solutions are:

• Do what you're suggesting and allow mixed-tier divisions to be exploited so that some of the members will never be bottom tier
  • Ban mixed-tier divisions
  • ??? Your suggestion here if you have a better one ???

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles
3 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

I understand that. JHC...... but to allow two tier 5 ships in a tier 8 game is simply ignorant.

The only ignorance is that of the division that mixed tiers.

3 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

THe first time someone enters a game after having done this, I guarantee they'll be told.