Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Labedoyere

Missouri BFT & AFT ?

9 comments in this topic

[-V1-]
Members
158 posts
5,838 battles

I am getting close to having a 19 pt captain for the Mo and i have a few questions...

BFT...Basic Firing Training

AFT...Advanced Firing training

first off....I dont understand how one can have Advanced picked though not have Basic training.

Anyways...

I know that the Mo really isnt known for being a tank like the Germans but one does find himself in close quarters from time to time.

AA fire really isnt a concern at the moment because of the lack of carriers playing.

I really like have those secondaries come into play when in close. This question stems from in order to have Concealment Expert i took away BST in order to have the concealment.

At the moment my setup is

pt

em

Super AFT

Vigilance

super

concealment

This totals 17 points

I have two more to get to 19 and would really like to get Manual Control for secondaries but i really dont think i should get rid of Vigilance because of the torps.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,102 posts
6,742 battles

Unless you are divisioning with a CV you want:

1. PT

2. EM / AR

3. BoS / SI

4. CE / FP

In this order: PT, EM, SI, CE, AR, FP, BoS. And make sure you run Damage Control 2 and Concealment modules.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

I run AFT but no BFT on my Missouri. 

My reasoning is that I run a Secondary build and I run AR. 

If I'm in brawling ranges then I'm taking hits which is increasing my RoF over time. Also I've opted for MFCSB since Module slots will mostly be dedicated to MBs. So there's no additional points to spare for BFT; CMDR is a 3xT4 (CE, AFT, MFCSB)

[AXANR]
Members
3,363 posts
16,648 battles
30 minutes ago, Labedoyere said:

I am getting close to having a 19 pt captain for the Mo and i have a few questions...

BFT...Basic Firing Training

AFT...Advanced Firing training

first off....I dont understand how one can have Advanced picked though not have Basic training.

Anyways...

I know that the Mo really isnt known for being a tank like the Germans but one does find himself in close quarters from time to time.

AA fire really isnt a concern at the moment because of the lack of carriers playing.

I really like have those secondaries come into play when in close. This question stems from in order to have Concealment Expert i took away BST in order to have the concealment.

At the moment my setup is

pt

em

Super AFT

Vigilance

super

concealment

This totals 17 points

I have two more to get to 19 and would really like to get Manual Control for secondaries but i really dont think i should get rid of Vigilance because of the torps.

Do not spec for secondaries with Missouri. It's a waste of points; they won't add enough damage to matter. Your damage comes from your amazeballs main guns, not your secondaries, with the Missouri. You can put all your capt points into buffing secondaries, but you're just polishing a turd. Accentuate your strengths. The opportunity cost is just too high. 

I use the following with my 19 pointer, and I do ok with her, probably about average. (52ish% win rate.) I run PM (tossup with PT, there are pros and cons to both), Expert Marksman, Jack of All Trades, Super, CE, AFT, BFT. This maximizes my AA (a strength), gives me more radar/heals faster, and helps my stealth to disengage and heal or reposition (I tend to play very aggressively, so this saves my bacon regularly.) I have been pondering switching EM to Adrenaline Rush based on how much its helped me with other BBs, and will probably do so next time there's a free or reduced cost respec special for commanders. 

[R-R-R]
Members
975 posts
6,598 battles

BFT/AFT is a very solid AA build for Missouri.

But you will be disappointed if you want to spec for secondary. German T8-10 are much better suited for secondary build.

[-OPS-]
Members
70 posts
4,580 battles

The next time the capt re skill is free...try a match with BFT and then one after...if you are trying to gain the strongest AA or secondary...BFT and AFT are my choices..  good luck

[B2P]
Members
512 posts
13,621 battles

I agree with those that recommend playing to the ship's strengths.  I run PM, EM, AR, BoS, BFT, AFT and CE on my MO.  I run with premium damage con, heal and radar.  The ship's credit printing makes these premium costs easy to swallow.  I chose BoS over Superintendent.  I found myself rarely needing or even able to use 5 heals (4 heals is enough with premium consumable).  And BoS reduces the duration of fire AND flooding, and only costs 3 points vs Fire Prevention.

The shorter range and longer reload times of the MO's secondaries don't make it really viable to go all in on the secondaries, but BFT and AFT are both skills that do double duty.  They help with both AA and secondary performance, which makes them hard for me to pass up on pretty much any BB.

Members
189 posts
15,737 battles

AFT and BFT only works for calibers up to and including 139mm.

If people are smart enough to figure out that 350 hp per tier is abysmal to a BB's HP pool, they should be able to compare that a BB's guns are greater than 139mm

So the only benefit you get out of AFT and BFT are secondary range, AA range, and AA DPS

All of which, are useless 99% of the time, so why waste valuable points that could be spent on much more useful skills like Fire Prevention, Basics of Survivability, and Adrenaline Rush

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this