You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

WG, Will There Ever Be a Sale on Premium Camo?

22 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
5,251 posts
9,096 battles

I know I've brought this up before, but since we essentially see discounts for almost every consumable, flavor of the month camo, modules, and even doubloons, will it ever be possible to have a sale on permanent ship camouflages in the future?  It's basically the one saleable item that is purchasable that never, ever has gone on sale.

Considering the staggering cost of doubloons for T9 and T10 permanent ship camos, I'll bet there would be pretty good demand for a discount on them.  Understandably, WG may not want to pursue this to promote sales of their other specialty camos.  On the other hand, I feel it would generate revenue it may otherwise not for those who aren't willing to fork over a wheelbarrow full of doubloons for a perma-camo on their favorite T10 ship.

Anyone else in favor of a sale on perma camos?

[SUCIT]
Members
824 posts
3,603 battles

I'll always be in favor of free or discounted stuff.  I'd pick up a few camos for some of my ships if they ever went on sale.  

Edited by XpliCT_PaiiN

[BUOY]
Members
175 posts
7,821 battles
10 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I know I've brought this up before, but since we essentially see discounts for almost every consumable, flavor of the month camo, modules, and even doubloons, will it ever be possible to have a sale on permanent ship camouflages in the future?  It's basically the one saleable item that is purchasable that never, ever has gone on sale.

Considering the staggering cost of doubloons for T9 and T10 permanent ship camos, I'll bet there would be pretty good demand for a discount on them.  Understandably, WG may not want to pursue this to promote sales of their other specialty camos.  On the other hand, I feel it would generate revenue it may otherwise not for those who aren't willing to fork over a wheelbarrow full of doubloons for a perma-camo on their favorite T10 ship.

Thing is, even if they DID have a sale on permaflages it wouldn't incentivize many more people to buy them over those already buying them since the discrete sales for T8-10 ships they offer is 15%. 15% would bring T10 down to 4250 and 9 down to 3400 i.e. almost certainly still way too pricey for people who aren't willing to buy these camos at full price.

Since WG is now willing to sell permaflages in the store directly for cash, what I could see them offering is something like the Armada Bundle, but with permaflages instead of premiums, but even at Armada's 50% off and full doubloon rebates for camos already purchased you'd be looking at buying 47.5k worth (and counting) of doubloons for money.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,278 posts
25,281 battles

I would like to see such a sale but as far as I know there has never been such a sale in World of Warships.  and I don't think there was ever such a sale in World of Tanks either.

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,181 battles
5 hours ago, Patton5150 said:

I would like to see such a sale but as far as I know there has never been such a sale in World of Warships.  and I don't think there was ever such a sale in World of Tanks either.

Yeah don't remember ever seeing them on sale either. This is why events where they give away permanent camo for tech tree ships is a great idea. Course I tend to grind up to whatever ship I have the free camo for and sit there not bothering to advance further in the line. 

[OBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
173 posts
7,727 battles

Would love to see a sale on permaflauge so I can finish kitting out more ships.  Still need one for my Yueyang :p

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,664 posts
3,815 battles

Technically you can get a sale on premium camouflage through the sales of doubloons, but to find a sale of doubloons that amounts to exactly what you need for one certain premium camo is not likely to be around.

If you're planning on getting multiple camos then finding a doubloon sale that amounts within that range would be the most ideal atm.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,181 battles
5 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Technically you can get a sale on premium camouflage through the sales of doubloons, but to find a sale of doubloons that amounts to exactly what you need for one certain premium camo is not likely to be around.

If you're planning on getting multiple camos then finding a doubloon sale that amounts within that range would be the most ideal atm.

Good advice Vader, hadn't thought about using discounted doubloons, makes sense. I suppose get some when they are on sale and then buy the camo, smart!

[PVE]
Members
9,566 posts
7,456 battles
7 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah don't remember ever seeing them on sale either. This is why events where they give away permanent camo for tech tree ships is a great idea. Course I tend to grind up to whatever ship I have the free camo for and sit there not bothering to advance further in the line. 

Even if you don't have the ship, you still can grind out the free perma-camos in events and they will sit quietly in your inventory until you get the ship.

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,181 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Even if you don't have the ship, you still can grind out the free perma-camos in events and they will sit quietly in your inventory until you get the ship.

Yeah have a whole herd of them awaiting me to unlock the ship. Just been busy grinding captains and not ship lines. I have the HSF camo for the Yamato, not even sure I will go that far on IJN BBs but it is nice to know it is there if I want it. Permanent camo for tech tree ships is my favorite prize in the game outside of a ship. I always work very hard to obtain them when available as a reward.

[PVE]
Members
9,566 posts
7,456 battles
2 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah have a whole herd of them awaiting me to unlock the ship. Just been busy grinding captains and not ship lines. I have the HSF camo for the Yamato, not even sure I will go that far on IJN BBs but it is nice to know it is there if I want it. Permanent camo for tech tree ships is my favorite prize in the game outside of a ship. I always work very hard to obtain them when available as a reward.

They save you a lot of doubloons that way.

I have the New Year's and/or Halloween perma-camo waiting for me to get to these ships which is worth 41,000 doubloons in total.

Benson (I'm on Farragut)
Kagero (I'm on Fubuki)
Kiev (I'm on Minsk)
Z-23 (I'm on Gaede)
Chapayev (I'm on Budyonny)
Charles Martel (Both and I'm on La Galissonniere)
New Orleans (done)
Bismarck (I'm on Gneisenau)
Monarch (I'm on QE)
Lexington (I'm on Bogue)
Shokaku (I'm on Zuiho)

Yamoto (HSF camo and I'm on Fuso)

working on the Richelieu camo now and will finish that before the campaign ends.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,251 posts
9,096 battles
3 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Good advice Vader, hadn't thought about using discounted doubloons, makes sense. I suppose get some when they are on sale and then buy the camo, smart!

You have one more day on this discount if you're looking to purchase doubloons with a credit card:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/doubloon-deals-creditcards-mar18/

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles

The Soviet DD line split was also, effectively, a sale on premium camo, and there is every chance the USN CA/CL split will be too.  My 1000 doubloon camo on T6 Ognevoi pre-split turned into camo on T6 Gnevny and T8 Ognevoi (total post-split cost, 4000 doubloons).  Buying camo for Cleveland pre-split will likely have the same benefit, although you should wait for the official announcement to be sure.

Of course, I understand you are talking about buying camo for specific ships, not just taking advantage of opportunities as they are presented - but the latter never hurts either.

[NBGC]
Members
38 posts
7,308 battles

I would like to buy some premium camos for my fav ships as well, but I would like some alternative camos. Even if some of the winnable ones could be made to be also permanent but with premium stats..... Premium "Hunter" on my boats would be awesome.

[CSWLN]
Members
23 posts
5,678 battles
On 3/8/2018 at 9:32 AM, Zigfreid501 said:

I would like to buy some premium camos for my fav ships as well, but I would like some alternative camos. Even if some of the winnable ones could be made to be also permanent but with premium stats..... Premium "Hunter" on my boats would be awesome.

On 3/6/2018 at 12:08 PM, Ace_04 said:

War Gaming, please make this happen. I understand that the payoff for reaching Tier 10 is a badass ship but the refitting costs are so exorbitantly high that you need to be playing perfectly to even net any credits whatsoever.

I get that grinding is better at T5-T7 but I want to put time in on the ships that I've worked so hard to attain without losing credits. I use a premium account biweekly and that of course helps offset the costs but I'm not made of money hah. The premi camos are currently as expensive as a lower price premium ship, if they were even 25% off id probably cop one just sayin.

Thanks!

Members
108 posts
2,010 battles

Perma-flages are  currently on sale for Cleveland, Enterprise, Nelson, Hood, Hipper as part of the Azure Lane promotion. $46.45 for the five-pack or $9.64-$11.78 individually.

[CSWLN]
Members
23 posts
5,678 battles
1 minute ago, Bianchi4Me said:

Perma-flages are  currently on sale for Cleveland, Enterprise, Nelson, Hood, Hipper as part of the Azure Lane promotion. $46.45 for the five-pack or $9.64-$11.78 individually.

Yeah I saw those in the arsenal, Im trying to fit my Fletcher and Minotaur tho hah

[PVE]
Members
9,566 posts
7,456 battles
6 minutes ago, Young_Gatsu said:

War Gaming, please make this happen. I understand that the payoff for reaching Tier 10 is a badass ship but the refitting costs are so exorbitantly high that you need to be playing perfectly to even net any credits whatsoever.

I get that grinding is better at T5-T7 but I want to put time in on the ships that I've worked so hard to attain without losing credits. I use a premium account biweekly and that of course helps offset the costs but I'm not made of money hah. The premi camos are currently as expensive as a lower price premium ship, if they were even 25% off id probably cop one just sayin.

Thanks!

There was a 50% perma-camo sale a few months back. The 3rd anniversary event has Z-23 and Edinburgh perma-camo for 200 tokens, so you can collect enough tokens to get one for free.

There are sales on certain premium ships perma-camo, but since premiums come with a perma-camo for free, that is really just for the people that want an alternate skin.

Two T5's (New York & Emerald) have perma-camo for 1,000 doubloons.

T6 ships are 1k doubloons, T7 2k doubloons, T8 3k doubloons, T9 4k doubloons and T10 5k doubloons. The normal prices in the shop for doubloons are as follows;

1k = $5.54

2k = $10.34

3k = $14.88

4k = $19.28

5k = $23.56

Buying in bulk gets you a better deal, 5 T10 perma camos (25k doubloons) is $117.80 individually, but 25k doubloons is $99.99. WG also has sales on doubloons as well.

Members
1,068 posts
5,960 battles
10 minutes ago, Young_Gatsu said:

Thanks!

They did a sale for permacamo for tech tree ships a few months ago...50% off up through Tier 9, though. Tier 10 was excluded. Shortly thereafter, some of these events with special T10 permacamos available via grinding came along...probably the reason for T10 exclusion form the sale, suppress partition and all that.

[EQRN]
Members
340 posts
8,895 battles

There was effectively a discount on T10 camos when they offered 10% back on all doubloons spent, so the perma camo ended up “costing” 4500 doubloons.  If you got the doubloons discounted or won through some manner, then an even greater discount.