You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
The_Grand_One

Name and shame

77 comments in this topic

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,563 battles

Name and shame the funniest players you see online! ( Except don't actually name them, title is click bait GOTCHA!) Yep, this player exists. After seeing some... funky... playing from him I decided out of curiosity to go check him out. He was luckily on the red team. Needless to say, reds got steamrolled. This is some good stuff though :cap_tea: 

This is why pay to win is a myth:

2018-03-06.png

2018-03-06 (1).png

To all you saying this is "bullying", despite no one being actually named, I say you are free to shed all the salty tears in the world. There is a cautionary tale in all this.

Edited by The_Grand_One
  • Bad 5

[LUCK]
Members
1,295 posts
19,494 battles
5 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

Name and shame the funniest players you see online! ( Except don't actually name them, title is click bait GOTCHA!) Yep, this player exists. After seeing some... funky... playing from him I decided out of curiosity to go check him out. He was luckily on the red team. Needless to say, reds got steamrolled. This is some good stuff though :cap_tea: 

2018-03-06.png

2018-03-06 (1).png

57 games in the Erie, what could go wrong in an Alabama?

Edited by hofmannsc

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,563 battles
1 minute ago, hofmannsc said:

57 games in the Erie, what could go wrong?

And consider this : he has a Lo Yang, an Alabama, and a Sims, and he averages 8k dmg per battle... :cap_haloween:

[LUCK]
Members
1,295 posts
19,494 battles
1 minute ago, The_Grand_One said:

And consider this : he has a Lo Yang, an Alabama, and a Sims, and he averages 8k dmg per battle... :cap_haloween:

What did the "funky playing" consist of? A few gin and tonics and many of us play a little funky.

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
2 minutes ago, hofmannsc said:

What did the "funky playing" consist of? A few gin and tonics and many of us play a little funky.

That Friday night whiskey ships. Mmmm. Good times, good times.

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,563 battles

Well it consisted of him... reversing... forwards?! ( I guess) and missing massively from 10km, while avoiding any and all combat for most of the game... while running away from my algerie.... while sailing full broadside to everyone... and earning 150 base XP in 15 minutes as a BAMA in a T6 match?

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Well never said anything about Pay to win but yes you are correct there is no such thing.

[BNKR]
Members
415 posts
2,485 battles

Reminder ...

:Smile_hiding:

jPzIgUE.jpg

Seriously, though -- 14k average in the 'Bama?

:cap_fainting:

Dude/Dudette almost has to be trying to be that bad on purpose.

[PVE]
Members
1,603 posts
6,754 battles

The guy is obviously new and having fun, leave him alone, we were all there (new) at one time.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,563 battles
Just now, Judge_Doom said:

The guy is obviously new and having fun, leave him alone, we were all there (new) at one time.

Nope, I learned to play past tier 1 before buying several top tiers (Actually I haven't bought any top tier ships except Missouri, but had an Iowa). Most people learned to play past tier 1 before buying top tier premiums in fact. You should double check the pics.

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
11 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Well never said anything about Pay to win but yes you are correct there is no such thing.

Pay to lose by skipping what 7 tiers of player skill development.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 minutes ago, Grizley said:

Pay to lose by skipping what 7 tiers of player skill development.

Yes this is correct. Pay to look stupid in your brand new Premium.

[SYN]
Members
545 posts
6,157 battles
49 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

I would likely be worse in an Alabama, so I cannot criticize. That player has an excuse. 

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,563 battles
Just now, Ensign_Pulver_2016 said:

I would likely be worse in an Alabama, so I cannot criticize. That player has an excuse. 

What excuse, learning at T1 is so hard that you are better off giving up and buying a T8 premium instead because it's so much easier? REALLY!?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,570 posts
8,995 battles
53 minutes ago, hofmannsc said:

57 games in the Erie, what could go wrong in an Alabama?

Actually that is the one thing he has done right but how the heck do you manage a 35% W/R in the Erie?

[PVE]
Members
1,603 posts
6,754 battles
10 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

Nope, I learned to play past tier 1 before buying several top tiers (Actually I haven't bought any top tier ships except Missouri, but had an Iowa). Most people learned to play past tier 1 before buying top tier premiums in fact. You should double check the pics.

How do we know that he bought them?  He could have been lucky enough to get his Premium ships in xmas crates? The ships shown, Alabama. Sims, LoYang, I have the same ones in my port, I did not purchase them, they were all in xmas crates.  Granted, a new person should learn to play a little before jumping into the deep end and being honest, it has been a gripe of mine as well, question is, how do any of us stop it from happening? Answer...we cannot. Therefore the only choice we have as a community is to try and help them if they want it, pray they are on the other team and hope they are not a wolf in sheeps clothing.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
545 posts
6,157 battles
1 minute ago, The_Grand_One said:

What excuse, learning at T1 is so hard that you are better off giving up and buying a T8 premium instead because it's so much easier? REALLY!?

I was thinking of number of battles. I have many more battles and haven't beaten 45% in BBs. Much worse if you look at Tier 4, 5, & 6. 

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles

This person has a Solo Warrior in Fiji

image.thumb.png.85cd828ae3ce3cbf262517db982c0fde.png

This person also somehow squeezed in amongst these people

image.thumb.png.846fac1d5297a03f48f8f7469aa94ddb.png

Image result for shrug meme

Edited by NeutralState
  • Cool 1

[DONUT]
Members
419 posts
5,292 battles

Those who mock this player, were you all bullies in junior high and now you have upgraded to cyber bullies?

Its a GAME.  Its his choice how he wants to play.  Leave him alone. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,563 battles

The point isn't bullying, it's just funny to see what happens when a T1 player says "meh this is hard" and buys a T8.

[LUCK]
Members
1,295 posts
19,494 battles
10 minutes ago, IcyThor said:

Those who mock this player, were you all bullies in junior high and now you have upgraded to cyber bullies?

Seeing as how the player in question remains anonymous nobody is being bullied. Comprende?

[DONUT]
Members
419 posts
5,292 battles
3 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

The point isn't bullying, it's just funny to see what happens when a T1 player says "meh this is hard" and buys a T8.

Who has the fun?  The player being shamed?  The one being bullied always laughs about it.  Right?

[DONUT]
Members
419 posts
5,292 battles
2 minutes ago, hofmannsc said:

Seeing as how the player in question remains anonymous nobody is being bullied. Comprende?

No comprende.  I speak English amiga. 

• Bad 1

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,563 battles
Just now, IcyThor said:

Who has the fun?  The player being shamed?  The one being bullied always laughs about it.  Right?

I doubt a player with 200 tier 1 games under his belt visits the forum, I didn't even message anything to him in-game, and I didn't post his name. What are you, 5?

[WOSV]
Members
331 posts
2,199 battles
13 minutes ago, IcyThor said:

If you get this upset when people on the INTERNET make fun of someone else, I'm not sure you are ready or fit to be on the internet.

But seriously, everything points to this person being;

a) a spoiled kid with his mommy's credit card

b) some poor soul who has no clue what he's doing

We like to think its "a", so we shall tease as we please. Good day sir!