You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xXSpotted_HyenaXx

Shameless Gloating

14 comments in this topic

Members
172 posts
1,501 battles

Normandie a gud bote. 

Took on another Normandie and a New York in close range (less than 5 km) broadside brawling. Hence the high secondary count. 

5a9eedd65d712_Screenshot(11).thumb.png.10fbe0cb1df963258b6a01a942017768.png

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,239 battles

Did full secondary spec on mine, and just got AFT.

So far lovin’ it!

Members
172 posts
1,501 battles
15 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Did full secondary spec on mine, and just got AFT.

So far lovin’ it!

Thats what I have done. Normandie's secondaries are top notch, they engage at 7.5km and it's just a steady hail of gunfire. 

[-AGW-]
Members
658 posts
9,479 battles

She also has a lot of secondaries pointing forward so there's no gap in coverage when you charge bow-on.

Members
172 posts
1,501 battles
1 minute ago, NashW8 said:

She also has a lot of secondaries pointing forward so there's no gap in coverage when you charge bow-on.

Which is exactly what I did, several times. lol

[TDG]
Members
1,171 posts
5,961 battles
57 minutes ago, xXSpotted_HyenaXx said:

Gudbote, that Normandie. 5aa014a520cb4_Screenshot(12).thumb.png.e7086b1e1075d205a9317f999f1bbbc3.png

That certainly made short work of Part 16.

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,304 battles

From my experience with that ship, it is anything but a brawler and has next to nothing for armor. I wouldn't want to be taking it in close enough for secondaries to be relevant.

Members
172 posts
1,501 battles
On 3/7/2018 at 3:20 PM, Ju87s said:

From my experience with that ship, it is anything but a brawler and has next to nothing for armor. I wouldn't want to be taking it in close enough for secondaries to be relevant.

You just have to pick who you have a brawl with and how you brawl. I've learned that unless you're dead broadside to broadside passing one another, the best way to brawl with a Normandie is to not try to use all 12 of your guns. Angle enough to get eight, then fire. If your enemy is "Crossing the T"  Which is deadly in WoWs. Stay bow on, and only fire your forward turret. It may seem like you're not doing to much damage, but you're also not taking much either. So you will survive to better position your batteries later. Plus, with your secondaries shouting at them, theres a good chance a few campfires will erupt. 

The only time I go broadside to broadside in Normandie is if A: I know one salvo will all but finish the job.  B: If I am fighting a comparably armored battleship C: If my target has fired all of his (Or most) of his main batteries already. or D: We're at 3 km away and theres no avoiding it in passing. 

Thats one thing I miss about ships like Arizona and New Mexico. Brawling in those BBs, I almost -dare- someone to take me in a broadside Jutland match. 

[KNMSU]
Members
3,365 posts
3,938 battles
3 minutes ago, xXSpotted_HyenaXx said:

You just have to pick who you have a brawl with and how you brawl. I've learned that unless you're dead broadside to broadside passing one another, the best way to brawl with a Normandie is to not try to use all 12 of your guns. Angle enough to get eight, then fire. If your enemy is "Crossing the T"  Which is deadly in WoWs. Stay bow on, and only fire your forward turret. It may seem like you're not doing to much damage, but you're also not taking much either. So you will survive to better position your batteries later. Plus, with your secondaries shouting at them, theres a good chance a few campfires will erupt. 

The only time I go broadside to broadside in Normandie is if A: I know one salvo will all but finish the job.  B: If I am fighting a comparably armored battleship C: If my target has fired all of his (Or most) of his main batteries already. or D: We're at 3 km away and theres no avoiding it in passing. 

Thats one thing I miss about ships like Arizona and New Mexico. Brawling in those BBs, I almost -dare- someone to take me in a broadside Jutland match. 

It has the same thing going for it that Lyon has: an adamantium prow. It's apparently the only part of the ship that carried any armor, and it is impervious to damage.

I've been very, very unimpressed with the Normandie. Sure, the high speed makes it slightly harder to shoot at max range, but it seems to get the average player into danger that they cannot extricate themselves from, more often than not.

Edited by Battlecruiser_Kongo

Members
172 posts
1,501 battles
5 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Kongo said:

It has the same thing going for it that Lyon has: an adamantium prow. It's apparently the only part of the ship that carried any armor, and it is impervious to damage.

I've been very, very unimpressed with the Normandie. Sure, the high speed makes it slightly harder to shoot at max range, but it seems to get the average player into danger that they cannot extricate themselves from, more often than not.

I've citadelled enough Normandies at the beginning of the game that I agree with you. High speed can get you killed quickly. Which is why I run 3/4 or even 1/2 speed depending on how the team disperses until enemies are spotted. Even then, I'll run 3/4 unless I am trying make a quick exit. Dunkerque taught me speed kills. Another thing Normandie has going for her is the maneuverability. In my opinion, she has an excellent turning circle, which makes for being able to use the WASD hack at range effectively. Normandie is certainly not without her weaknesses. She has 12 guns, which is a lot of guns, but they are small guns. Against ships like New Mexico or Queen Liz, if you're using AP and they have the slightest angle, you may as well go outside and pee in the wind. We wont even talk about what being uptiered and having to face down a King George is like.  

But in her tier, she suits me well. I can punish Fuso, other Normandies and wear out Queen Liz, new Mexico and Bayern with the proper application of HE. 

Edited by xXSpotted_HyenaXx