timinindiana

Severe framerate drops since recent update

12 comments in this topic

[AOI]
Members
111 posts
9,239 battles

I am running windows 7 64bit a TF3 GTX 660 2 gigs video ram with a Amd Atlon 2_X4_640 OCd to 3.4GHZ on 8gigs of ram.My frame rates "before" the most recent update ran around 60 to 80 FPS then "after" the most recent update I am getting drops in frame rates into the teens 14 to 16 FPS making the game unplayable at times.I checked my GPU and CPU usage during low frame rates and high frame rates and my GPU and CPU never go above 50% usage and temps our great.I also checked memory usage and bus usage and all was normal and showed no signs of being stressed.I was on today playing 3/6/18 and a few other players was complaining also about frame drops being bad on some maps since update..Any advice or information on this would be great.Thanks in Advance..

Tim

timinindiana

[GTF]
[GTF]
Members
25 posts
7,941 battles

at least i am not the only one i usually get 60fps max everything i am running the nividea geforce gtx 965m now im getting a  massive drop of  fps down to 10-20fps

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
10 posts
15,011 battles

Your not the only few facing framerate issues. Im getting absolutely horrendous memory leaks and in general, I'm thinking it is all around piss-poor code handling. Reminds me of when you forget to collapse memory reservations. Like clockwork I can watch the fall off in performance over time. 

Edited by SPAPtasticles

[ARRGG]
Members
163 posts
7,041 battles

I have the same problem and also getting disconnected during a battle !

[78TH]
Members
96 posts
4,570 battles

You'd think with SOOOOOOO many people complaining about this issue they'd want to fix it asap...except its how long since the patch came out? xD

[TDG]
Members
1,214 posts
6,065 battles
9 minutes ago, jbonjour9 said:

You'd think with SOOOOOOO many people complaining about this issue they'd want to fix it asap...except its how long since the patch came out? xD

It is possible that they don't know the root cause.

It is also possible that they are working on a solution and just do not have it yet.

The patch was only released a week ago.  This may require touching many parts of the code.  This would delay the release until they can verify that it has some benefit without breaking something else.  Also, since it requires a couple of hours for the problem to manifest to a significant degree (at least on my system), that will reduce the cycle rate on test, analyze, fix, and try again.

Members
34 posts
1,694 battles
17 hours ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

It is possible that they don't know the root cause.

It is also possible that they are working on a solution and just do not have it yet.

The patch was only released a week ago.  This may require touching many parts of the code.  This would delay the release until they can verify that it has some benefit without breaking something else.  Also, since it requires a couple of hours for the problem to manifest to a significant degree (at least on my system), that will reduce the cycle rate on test, analyze, fix, and try again.

The red tracker on another site says they are still trying to determine the cause and are asking all that experience the problem to submit tickets that include specs, how long they were in the game session, and what mods they are using.  

I personally think it is a memory leak.

The red tracker article mentioned is:  https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/97352-update-072-general-feedback/?page=8&tab=comments#comment-2355715

Edited by Reckun

[TDG]
Members
1,214 posts
6,065 battles
3 minutes ago, Reckun said:

The red tracker on another site says they are still trying to determine the cause and are asking all that experience the problem to submit tickets that include specs, how long they were in the game session, and what mods they are using.  

I personally  think it is a memory leak.

Sounds like they are still looking for it.  I also think it is a memory leak based on the pattern of deterioration.

I will have to plan longer PublicTest sessions when the next patch testing starts to see if I can reproduce the issue there.

For a workaround, I restart the client after a handful of battles.  This worked well enough last night.

[TDG]
Members
1,214 posts
6,065 battles

Round 8 tonight was quite grim with the stuttering.

I wish I could blame my early exit on it, but that would be unfair.

7 good rounds before hitting the stutter wall.  Exited the client after Round 8.