You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MaxitheBraixen

Ishizuchi commander questions

7 comments in this topic

[GREPT]
Members
26 posts
1,433 battles

Im still working on the commander build for the battecruiser, but I am a bit torn on what to get for my third commander skill.  I think I am going to get BoS (Basics of Survivability) to unlock the bottom row of skills.  I was thinking of getting IFHE, though I am not sure if I should get IFHE or AFT instead.  Also yes I know that CE is important as well, yeah just looking on what I should get for my commander. 

And if you are wondering what I currently have on my commander I have...

1 PT (Priority Target)

2 PM (Preventive Maintenance)

3 HA (High Alert)

4 EL (Expert Loader)

Yeah these skills came with the commander when I somehow earned it so yeah.

Anyway any feedback will help~.

Edited by MaxitheBraixen

[LHG]
Members
1,652 posts
4,918 battles

The Ishi is a flame throwing monster.  The AP rounds for her are close to being useless, shattering if you look at them sideways, but her HE rounds are amazing fire starters.  This forces her to throw out HE in large amounts to be effective.  I'd recommend you add Fire Starter at level III as this will further enhance her flamethrower like qualities. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

Usually dedicated commanders for premiums aren't the best use of time.

But if you're looking for build advice. I would pass on IFHE. Ishizuchi can already HE Citadel most CLs it will face and dropping the %Fire Chance against BBs won't overly hurt, but the opportunity cost is better suited for other skills. 

On my IJN BBs I like having extra range on secondaries since BB turrets don't traverse the quickest. So between what you're asking I'd take AFT over IFHE. 

The build for my soon to be Yamato commander will be as follows:

PT - AR - SI - AFT, FP - HA, JoaT - PM

JoaT could easily be swapped for EM if the turrets bother you significantly. But with sufficient planning ahead it is possible to "live through" the sluggish turrets. Whereas the decreased consumable CDs imo is more beneficial since it makes your Defensive Skills more readily available. 

Edited by Ivlerlin

[OPG]
Supertester
1,899 posts
10,234 battles
1 minute ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

The Ishi is a flame throwing monster.  The AP round for her are close to being useless, shattering if you look at them sideways, but her HE rounds are amazing fire starters.  This forces her to throw out HE in large amounts to be effective.  I'd recommend you add Fire Starter at level III as this will further enhance her flamethrower like qualities. 

Not useless, it is one of the only low tier BBs that doesnt overpen 90% of the super light cruisers down there.  

• Cool 1

[LHG]
Members
1,652 posts
4,918 battles
5 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

Not useless, it is one of the only low tier BBs that doesnt overpen 90% of the super light cruisers down there.  

Sorry, you're correct, it's so bad that it actually can explode when it hits the thin skinned cruisers of those tiers unless you're shooting at a St. Louis.  That doesn't mean that her AP will do better against those cruisers than her HE will since it will tend to penetrate as well as is the more reliable round.  I still think that your best bet with the Ishi is to just use HE as your go to round in almost all circumstances. 

[HINON]
Members
9,019 posts

IFHE isnt that helpful on her. It's better to focus on skills that will let you live longer. That way you can hang around in the match and let your fires burn. DE is also a measly increase, try SI or BOS instead. This also depends a bit on if you want to use the commander up the IJN BB line or just have them specialized for only this ship.

Edited by RipNuN2

[S_B]
Members
416 posts
10,738 battles

Normally though with the matchmaking of today you'll have 1-2 carriers in random battle so you'll be sunk right away as you have no AA protection to speak of with her. She's better suited for co-op battles. I rarely take her into random battle anymore unless I just want a azz whoopin for chits and grins. I do like her HE % and her AP is OK but dispersion can be an issue. The gun range buff was a real plus on her.