You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CaptLongline

Caln wars battles activity

119 comments in this topic

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
8,087 posts
7,090 battles
1 hour ago, Motleytanker3 said:

Its a shame when you cant have a agree or disagree thread without the childish trolls.  The problem is evident and if it doesn't get fixed, then less and less clans will be involved each new season. It really up to WG to fix this problem to grow a healthy clan war base or watch it wither down as clan wars did.    There really isn't much more to say.  The point was very clear.

While there are problems with Clan Wars (a certain ship that is being spammed, the exclusion of an entire class, and other small things) there is no problem with higher clans taking a break.

As you may have noticed, a clan that stops playing is putting itself at a disadvantage. Last season when SALTY imploded, the very first night they didn‘t play they lost their lead and OPG took over first spot. So your entire point of clans that take a break and get an advantage because of the break is bogus.

[CUTIE]
[CUTIE]
Members
57 posts
8,827 battles

most clans don't have the 30-50 available players every ranked session you think they do. 

most players aren't competitive even in competitive centered clans. All you're doing is punishing small clans and allowing clans with lots of members to keep going. 

• Cool 1

[ARP]
Members
995 posts
6,195 battles

At the beginning of the season we had probably 5 fleets running per night, but now we're usually putting up 2~3 fleets, 1 for each ARP. (probably give or take 20~25 players showing interest in CW each night. You can say ARP is one of the biggest clans in warship tbh and we can't field 30~50 every ranked session. 

Also on the topic of facing harder clans - if you can't beat typhoon league teams consistently, you don't belong in typhoon. 
If you can't beat storm league teams consistently, you dont deserve to be in storm. 
I dont understand why MOH is expecting to be in storm if you guys struggle facing storm league teams. That's the sorta attitude bronze players in league of legends have. "I would be a silver player if not for matchmaking or <insert excuse here>

Members
2,289 posts
11,003 battles
2 hours ago, Iris_ said:

Also on the topic of facing harder clans - if you can't beat typhoon league teams consistently, you don't belong in typhoon. 
If you can't beat storm league teams consistently, you dont deserve to be in storm. 
I dont understand why MOH is expecting to be in storm if you guys struggle facing storm league teams. That's the sorta attitude bronze players in league of legends have. "I would be a silver player if not for matchmaking or <insert excuse here>

Thats the sound of the OP smashing into a brick wall of logic.  Shame it wont stick.

[CUTIE]
[CUTIE]
Members
57 posts
8,827 battles

I don't see how implementing this would help OP at all? it just seems like it'd hurt them and their clan since I doubt they have the ability to commit to every hour of every session week by week 

maybe instead of trying to "fix" CW how about you advocate for more incentives to play and struggle at lower levels, say a reward ship for x number of games in storm or gale or whatever.

Members
2,289 posts
11,003 battles
41 minutes ago, Cruiser_AobaKai said:

I don't see how implementing this would help OP at all? it just seems like it'd hurt them and their clan since I doubt they have the ability to commit to every hour of every session week by week 

maybe instead of trying to "fix" CW how about you advocate for more incentives to play and struggle at lower levels, say a reward ship for x number of games in storm or gale or whatever.

The incentives are already there.  This season alone I've received about 600k FXP and almost 4 million elite commander XP. I could unlock and buy a T10 in a line I have not touched then print two 19 point captains from nothing.  We still have a long way to go in the season too.

CB is a huge boost to peoples accounts that play them.

[CUTIE]
[CUTIE]
Members
57 posts
8,827 battles

I personally have no need for rewards other than what  are available already

just stating that stuff like reward ships tend to be more I guess... tangible for the average joe playing wows and might be a better incentive for people of OP's level not that I think it's necessary. 

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers
97 posts
17,890 battles
7 hours ago, Motleytanker3 said:

Its a shame when you cant have a agree or disagree thread without the childish trolls.  The problem is evident and if it doesn't get fixed, then less and less clans will be involved each new season. It really up to WG to fix this problem to grow a healthy clan war base or watch it wither down as clan wars did.    There really isn't much more to say.  The point was very clear.

Thats the food chain man, if you can't adapt it then you'll never be in it. As I said earlier if its not happening very often you don't need to be very anxious about it, plus losing to those higher up teams will ensure that you're staying in the bracket that you and your team will be comfortable with as you don't fight those good teams all the time after or during promotion.
The clan system is here to bring more and higher level competition, not to aid teams that refuse to adapt this environment. We can send help but not bandages.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
8,087 posts
7,090 battles
2 hours ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

The incentives are already there.  This season alone I've received about 600k FXP and almost 4 million elite commander XP. I could unlock and buy a T10 in a line I have not touched then print two 19 point captains from nothing.  We still have a long way to go in the season too.

CB is a huge boost to peoples accounts that play them.

Don‘t forget the insane oil earning. A potential of 4500 oil per night (if you have 50 members getting three wins each). 

[NCUS]
Members
23 posts
549 battles
23 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

While there are problems with Clan Wars (a certain ship that is being spammed, the exclusion of an entire class, and other small things) there is no problem with higher clans taking a break.

As you may have noticed, a clan that stops playing is putting itself at a disadvantage. Last season when SALTY imploded, the very first night they didn‘t play they lost their lead and OPG took over first spot. So your entire point of clans that take a break and get an advantage because of the break is bogus.

This is where you fail to understand or just dont want to. Every clan top or bottom that doesn't show up effects the MM no matter how you look at it. Again MM is showing this very clear. There is no reason a squall 3 clan should be up against a Gale 2 clan.  This is the whole point of ELO / Steps ups. As you get better and move up the competition increases. Its very simply to understand. When any clan continues to face clans much further advance clans , they simply grow tired of this and stop playing. I cant say I disagree with them either. This causes the trickle down effect you guys simply are trying to deny. Its a commitment no matter who anyone chooses to look at it and if you cant commit, then you suffer. This is for every clan so this isnt picking on a select few no matter where they stand in rank...... Very simple.

As to last season. It took top clans complaining about others abusing clan jumping to gain advantage which WG did respond to but this clans shouldn't be all certain groups but everyone involved.

[NCUS]
Members
23 posts
549 battles
16 hours ago, ZuikakuDere said:

Thats the food chain man, if you can't adapt it then you'll never be in it. As I said earlier if its not happening very often you don't need to be very anxious about it, plus losing to those higher up teams will ensure that you're staying in the bracket that you and your team will be comfortable with as you don't fight those good teams all the time after or during promotion.
The clan system is here to bring more and higher level competition, not to aid teams that refuse to adapt this environment. We can send help but not bandages.

Adapt to what, giving to a select few but slamming others because aren't as good?????? Didn't your group just cry about work,studying or being sick or tired???????? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black......

Your right, there shouldn't be any aid so if you miss a night, then you drop position. Its as simple as that.

• Funny 1

[NCUS]
Members
23 posts
549 battles
18 hours ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Thats the sound of the OP smashing into a brick wall of logic.  Shame it wont stick.

Where at any point in this thread did I say MOH or any other clans deserves to be in typhoon or higher????????????. I'm curious....

Members
390 posts
9,395 battles
23 minutes ago, Motleytanker3 said:

Adapt to what, giving to a select few but slamming others because aren't as good?????? Didn't your group just cry about work,studying or being sick or tired???????? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black......

Your right, there shouldn't be any aid so if you miss a night, then you drop position. Its as simple as that.

Show proof that you are being slammed by top clans like 70% of the time cuz of "MM problems related to clan activity" then.  Otherwise, you are just over exaggerating. 

Dropping a position if you miss a night is just a bad idea in general. Did you ever stop to think about the pros or cons or did just blurt this out without much thought? There is a reason why other games with elo/mmr matchmaking like league of legends, StarCraft, rainbow six siege etc don't have this either. 

[OGF]
Members
142 posts
12,069 battles

It's the way of the world.  In any competition you're going to find duffers and pros.  WOWS is no different.  The #1 seed in a tournament will have to grind their way through lesser players with the chance to losing to some of them, sometimes.

Some clans show up for clan battles and do their best for the enjoyment or teamwork and playing with folks you "know".  Others strategize and look for ways to utilize every advantage available, some that aren't widely known or understood.  That's how it goes.

If a clan is ahead on points and decides to go defensive and avoid contact with red ships to run out the clock or rack up final cap points, is that cheating or even "untoward"...of course not.

It's not like there's real money on the table.  If having your clan's name "up in lights" because you worked at it harder and strategized better (on several levels) than other groups floats your boat...good for you.  But not too many other players are going to lay awake at nite grinding their teeth over it.

"Somes you win, somes you lose, and somes get rained out."

Navel gazing, indeed.  And tilitng at windmills.  sigh

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers
97 posts
17,890 battles
4 hours ago, Motleytanker3 said:

Well...yeah...that is basically it. As I said this is a competitive game mode, you are destined to face great teams when time comes (Which yes the MM is weird letting storm teams facing Hurricane, but at least that is not more than 50% of the games), if you win you'll move ahead and if you lose you'll fall, this is facts so i don't know what are you expecting. As @Destroyer_Hagikaze already mentioned, unless its a continuous of unfairness matchmaking for you guys, its not a issue to face better teams because you can learn from them and you lose minimal points. On the higher team standpoint, we lose way more points to teams that are the underdogs, and chances of them taking our strat will also give them potential to grow. Overall as long as its not happening like 50% of the time its alright, you have more advantage that the higher seeded ones outside of the game, so I'm not so sure about why are you moaning about the ladder unless you guys are always the higher team and kept losing to the lower one.

No one will be on the same level by any chance, you'll have people that are better and people that are not as good, they will be demonstrated correctly in different brackets in long term.

Also to tired and sickness thing...I assume you work 24 hours and 7 days per week not resting or having any day off? People will call off for sickness and emergencies, and its fair for them to take a day off and not work, if you're still denying this I can fairly presume you're just trying to pick the fight here because you cannot stand any kind of joke. Almost all of us that denies your point here gives a fairly valid reason of why about it, but you did not consider any of them other than attacking most of them. You're also ignoring people that posted reasonable arguments as well.

There is also no reason to give qualification on competitiveness because someone is playing the game everyday, because you'll never know if a player only has 600 games, and had no recent games, but will have a overall super unicum stats with 75% WR on randoms and be in a very competitive clan. 

After edit: Actually...this issue might happen because most of the lower level clans are usually less active, which somewhat effects the MM. But this is not an issue because they are not fighting for pride or points or higher position itself, they are just playing for fun. 

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers
97 posts
17,890 battles
4 hours ago, Destroyer_Hagikaze said:

Show proof that you are being slammed by top clans like 70% of the time cuz of "MM problems related to clan activity" then.  Otherwise, you are just over exaggerating. 

Dropping a position if you miss a night is just a bad idea in general. Did you ever stop to think about the pros or cons or did just blurt this out without much thought? There is a reason why other games with elo/mmr matchmaking like league of legends, StarCraft, rainbow six siege etc don't have this either. 

The issue should probably be teams that are not active enough on Storm or Gale, and only Hurricane or Typhoon teams are in queue, which craphappens. But as I recall there is a protector to this for not letting it happen more than 2 times in a row.

[O7]
Members
591 posts
14,074 battles

The system is designed to balance out, playing better teams as well as lesser teams.  You stand to gain far more points when you play a team with higher MMR.  Consequently, you stand to lose more points when you play a team with a lower MMR.   It becomes VERY difficult to gain points at the top of Hurricane as you need to maintain an 80% win rate in order to do so.

Members
2,289 posts
11,003 battles
6 minutes ago, bfk_ferlyfe said:

The system is designed to balance out, playing better teams as well as lesser teams.  You stand to gain far more points when you play a team with higher MMR.  Consequently, you stand to lose more points when you play a team with a lower MMR.   It becomes VERY difficult to gain points at the top of Hurricane as you need to maintain an 80% win rate in order to do so.

Thats the thing these lower league clans have not experienced.  Having a bad night in CB and losing to just one lower league clan requires two to three wins against other Hurricane clans to recoup the points lost.  I think that is very balanced.  Winning against low tier clans usually provides under 10 points for the win, and also can hurt your team because its very time to points inefficient.

Too many clans in lower leagues just admit defeat from the start of the battle, not realizing they have a chance to get tons of points for little risk to them.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester
5,846 posts
6,484 battles
On 3/7/2018 at 7:54 PM, CarefreeTongue said:

Wait, you mean to tell us that Clan Battles isn't actually just a massive flag + credits + XP farm? :cap_hmm:

But I liked making 20k ship XP and 16k free xp a game :Smile_sad:

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
307 posts
8,780 battles

All I have read in this forum is the TOP clans defending WG actions and other clans that either sit or skate the rules on the shady side, look at these players that post defending the actions @Motelytanker3, I am on your side to a point. But the big picture tells me DON'T ROCK THE BOAT of the BIG CLANS, with all the posting of there stats and win rates, guess they fell they need some justification for being here, to me if you need validation in this game to brag you have a problem.

• Cool 1

[ARP]
Members
96 posts
4,337 battles

I don't even know what this thread is about at this point. All I can see is that clearly playing less is a bad thing now..?

Man, we must be hated since we don't play weekdays and only some weekends then.

[NCUS]
Members
23 posts
549 battles
On 3/17/2018 at 9:37 PM, Sere_Pj said:

All I have read in this forum is the TOP clans defending WG actions and other clans that either sit or skate the rules on the shady side, look at these players that post defending the actions @Motelytanker3, I am on your side to a point. But the big picture tells me DON'T ROCK THE BOAT of the BIG CLANS, with all the posting of there stats and win rates, guess they fell they need some justification for being here, to me if you need validation in this game to brag you have a problem.

The point was very clear and valid. Its in WG best interest to set a better system or clan wars will dwindle over time as they did in WOW clan wars. ( A joke these days). As to stats, I personally dont care since they hold little to no value other than to a simple minded video gamer who has to have them to feel superior in their own mind and crowd. That is why you see very little playing solo in pubs due to if they played for a few hours a day would impact their special win rates. lol.

the thread was about CWs but as always they twist it with their special snowflake attitudes. :)

[ARP]
Members
96 posts
4,337 battles
1 hour ago, Motleytanker3 said:

The point was very clear and valid. Its in WG best interest to set a better system or clan wars will dwindle over time as they did in WOW clan wars. ( A joke these days). As to stats, I personally dont care since they hold little to no value other than to a simple minded video gamer who has to have them to feel superior in their own mind and crowd. That is why you see very little playing solo in pubs due to if they played for a few hours a day would impact their special win rates. lol.

the thread was about CWs but as always they twist it with their special snowflake attitudes. :)

I don't know what the issue with the current system is. Are you suggesting that people are playing Clan Wars less as the season goes on? We've been queuing into battle between instantly to within 30 seconds for the entire season, and nothing has really changed as things went on. We're facing a wide variety of clans (more Typhoon clans than we'd like tbh) and there's always people playing. I don't see any of this "dwindling" that you're mentioning here. If you'd like to entertain me on this topic, feel free to point out what exactly you mean by clan wars "dwindling over time". 

In regards to statistics, I think that's a bit of a misguided opinion. Yes, you can definitely see some people padding their stats through division play and stuff like that, but on a whole, stats reflect a player's overall skill at this game fairly well. There are plenty of players that have incredibly high stats through their solo gameplay. My WTR drops by 30 points if you look at my solo games compared to my all time. That's fairly insignificant. If you're aiming to get better at the game from a competitive standpoint and learn not just the basics of aiming / angling but also the strategies, decisions, and positioning, then your stats will improve to reflect it.  My stats are in my signature. They're not to brag, they're not nearly good enough for me to brag about. They're a goal for me, they let me see how I'm doing and where I need to improve and what my next steps should be. I'll stop talking about stats if you feel like this is "twisting the thread", but I do want to make my opinion clear that I don't agree with your judgement. 

Members
390 posts
9,395 battles
On 3/17/2018 at 7:37 PM, Sere_Pj said:

Lol no one is even bragging.  The barebone facts are being laid out.