You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CaptLongline

Caln wars battles activity

119 comments in this topic

[NCUS]
Members
23 posts
549 battles

I'm sure the salt will come from this thread but something needs to be said about current clan wars but it has come to a point where clan will battle to a certain point then cease activity. This shouldn't be happening and clans should drop a level every few days if not actively doing clan wars but at the same time those who are active should get better rewards to pushing their clan up the ranks. This promotes players to be active for better rewards and keep those who are up there to stay active or risk being dropped down in rank/bracket. A lot of lower are clans are being forced to play other clans from higher brackets when they are not ready. Its hard enough for smaller clans to have the players to even be involved in clan wars to be pushed up against those of higher skill levels( Nothing against better players). This only leads to players/smaller clans grow tired quickly and stop. The more clans play, the better chance of them getting better which leads to more competition down the road. 

Before the usual response is Git Gud comes. Everything comes in a stepping stone effect. Less skilled players struggle harder simply due to most skilled players do simply gravitate to high skilled clans then build their own clan and train the up coming players. This is sad but it will never change in the online gaming community. My point in this thread is that clans need to be rewarded for continuing effort to climb the ladder and those who reach higher either need to be active or loose their position every few days ( 3 maybe).

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 11

[HINON]
Members
9,031 posts
4 minutes ago, Motleytanker3 said:

I'm sure the salt will come from this thread but something needs to be said about current clan wars but it has come to a point where clan will battle to a certain point then cease activity. This shouldn't be happening and clans should drop a level every few days if not actively doing clan wars but at the same time those who are active should get better rewards to pushing their clan up the ranks. This promotes players to be active for better rewards and keep those who are up there to stay active or risk being dropped down in rank/bracket. A lot of lower are clans are being forced to play other clans from higher brackets when they are not ready. Its hard enough for smaller clans to have the players to even be involved in clan wars to be pushed up against those of higher skill levels( Nothing against better players). This only leads to players/smaller clans grow tired quickly and stop. The more clans play, the better chance of them getting better which leads to more competition down the road. 

Before the usual response is Git Gud comes. Everything comes in a stepping stone effect. Less skilled players struggle harder simply due to most skilled players do simply gravitate to high skilled clans then build their own clan and train the up coming players. This is sad but it will never change in the online gaming community. My point in this thread is that clans need to be rewarded for continuing effort to climb the ladder and those who reach higher either need to be active or loose their position every few days ( 3 maybe).

Why does it matter to you with 111 battles?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,619 posts
8,892 battles

So your pretty much saying everyone should not have a life outside of wows? It’s already bad if you lose a game it’s -20+ points and if you win it’s like +9.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
9,975 posts
30 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Why does it matter to you with 111 battles?

Alts-R-Us....:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,864 posts
19,063 battles

DAM , talking Smack with only 111 Battles ?  Dam ! ! !

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[TASH]
Members
5,016 posts
8,119 battles

Dude, 111 battles is not NEARLY enough to have a say in clan battles.  Not to mention you aren't even in a clan.

[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,374 posts
8,538 battles

So.. What clans are not playing to hold Some Magical Spot ? (Pretty much all that matters is Hurricane Rankings)

What information do you have on this ?

• Bad 1

[NCUS]
Members
23 posts
549 battles

Its not a matter of how many battle anyone has but common sense. Clan wars in WOT went stale over time due to same thinking process. The point is to keep activity clan battles. You reward those who play and apply penalty for those not actively playing regularly  . Stop clans from reaching a point and sitting there. The length of clan wars time as well as days up, there is no reason to be sitting. This doesn't count the number of members in your clan.

You dont have to be in a clan to see where this is going at this point to hopefully bring positive changes to what is awesome to play.  I myself just started to play WOW so I do have plans on joining a clan down the road so I dont want this to stall out like clan wars did in WOT due to this type of behavior. I cant help those who aren't mature enough to see the problems this will bring to clan wars here.....

[NCUS]
Members
23 posts
549 battles
1 minute ago, Spyde said:

So.. What clans are not playing to hold Some Magical Spot ? (Pretty much all that matters is Hurricane Rankings)

What information do you have on this ?

Dude, you know this is going on in multi levels. Its pretty clear in the forums that clans are fight other clans from levels they shouldn't be. Explain to me why clans in Squall 3 up against players  in Gale 1 or 2. I welcome your explanation.

[NCUS]
Members
23 posts
549 battles
1 hour ago, Shigure_DD said:

So your pretty much saying everyone should not have a life outside of wows? It’s already bad if you lose a game it’s -20+ points and if you win it’s like +9.

Where do you get that? There is enough days as well time fame for players to be there and still have a life......

[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,374 posts
8,538 battles
9 minutes ago, Motleytanker3 said:

Dude, you know this is going on in multi levels. Its pretty clear in the forums that clans are fight other clans from levels they shouldn't be. Explain to me why clans in Squall 3 up against players  in Gale 1 or 2. I welcome your explanation.

Its how the Que works.

Its not uncommon for Storm teams to play Typhoon Teams.    Typhoon Teams play Hurricane teams all the time.

It has nothing to do with people not playing.

There is also no big deal for fighting a higher team.. the loss is small.. compared to what they lose if you beat them.

[B2P]
[B2P]
Members
281 posts
7,594 battles
7 minutes ago, Motleytanker3 said:

Where do you get that? There is enough days as well time fame for players to be there and still have a life......

A lot of people don't have time, some people study and work in the weekdays.

Also, fighting a higher ranked clan gives a lot more points if you win, and in an defeat you don't loose as many points. The same goes to the higher clan, but reversed, if they win they get like 9 points and if they are defeated they loose 20+ points. I think that is fair.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[NCUS]
Members
23 posts
549 battles
3 hours ago, Murakumo_96 said:

A lot of people don't have time, some people study and work in the weekdays.

Also, fighting a higher ranked clan gives a lot more points if you win, and in an defeat you don't loose as many points. The same goes to the higher clan, but reversed, if they win they get like 9 points and if they are defeated they loose 20+ points. I think that is fair.

There is a minimum 30 ( full clan) and a maximum of 50  in any clan so to say or use the excuse of work or study doesn't really hold its weight. If you cant field a full team, then your already in trouble to begin with but that is really beside the point. My point is that your either active which should bring rewards ( Higher brings more) or your sitting there doing nothing and not being punished for not doing what clan wars are about ( fighting) and should loose points that will drop your clan backwards.

I do agree the point system does need an over haul.

Oh sorry for spelling clan wrong. lol

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
276 posts
8,487 battles

His point is well taken about the top clans in different leagues, most are sitting for a week and not playing while the rest of us grind away every time CB comes around. Needs to be something done about those clans that sit for a week at a time and do nothing but pat there battles and Rank in the division.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Members
1,734 posts
9,901 battles
1 hour ago, Sere_Pj said:

His point is well taken about the top clans in different leagues, most are sitting for a week and not playing while the rest of us grind away every time CB comes around. Needs to be something done about those clans that sit for a week at a time and do nothing but pat there battles and Rank in the division.

Quality of games matter more than quantity.

Team having a bad night, or guys not feeling well, why play when you have much higher chance of losing?

Fight smart.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[NCUS]
Members
23 posts
549 battles
9 hours ago, CarefreeTongue said:

If this isn't an alt, then good god...

Again this has nothing to do with the point of the thread.

[NCUS]
Members
23 posts
549 battles
9 hours ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Quality of games matter more than quantity.

Team having a bad night, or guys not feeling well, why play when you have much higher chance of losing?

Fight smart.

This has absolutely nothing to do with playing smart. This is about fighting not only your way up but keeping that position as well. That is the point of the King of the hill concept of clan wars. Not groups of clans sitting there. Everyday you sit, you loose points and positions. I really dont see why you would even try to make it seem ok? Players/Clans talk about how they want to have clan wars to fight each other but do the very same thing they did in WOT  to grab land and diplomat to keep such positions. Maybe its just the childish ego elitist thinking?  

As to the having a bad night or not feeling well excuses just dont cut it. Having a bad night happens and players not feeling well can sit out while other members take their place. There is no reason for this at all. I just hope Wargaming takes a better look at what rules need to be set to keep all clans active and battling as clan wars are intended. This has caused just another issues as it was last season with clans abusing the cool down in switching clans for their own benefit. Yes, I do read the forums.

[NCUS]
Members
23 posts
549 battles
10 hours ago, Sere_Pj said:

WOW doesn't have a huge player base so when you see this type of behavior going on. It needs to be pointed out. Wargaming should have thought about this and how it effects clan wars in a negative manner. When your shoving teams into higher leagues due to lack of players in clan wars will discourage smaller clans from wanting to play them. This is what killed clan wars in wot. 

[VW]
Members
1,940 posts
12,499 battles

Could they please make clan war times around the clock? This would greatly increase the accessibility for all.

• Cool 1

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
276 posts
8,487 battles

@monpetitloup They teased us with that Global CB's before the season started, had everybody's hopes up in the air about playing 24 -7, then WG dropped the ball again another fail about like everything else in the game, they don't address issues with FPS and disconnect's but just say sorry about that.

Thanks,

Sere_Pj

• Bad 1

[NCUS]
Members
23 posts
549 battles
5 hours ago, Sere_Pj said:

@monpetitloup They teased us with that Global CB's before the season started, had everybody's hopes up in the air about playing 24 -7, then WG dropped the ball again another fail about like everything else in the game, they don't address issues with FPS and disconnect's but just say sorry about that.

Thanks,

Sere_Pj

I dont remember WG talking about 24/7. I dont see that being  the answer due to low pop would make Que times longer due to placing of teams in same or close bracket. they already are having that issue now with what is currently going on.  Its hard enough to keep smaller clans interested in doing them. I played WOT for years before going coming here to play ships so I know the drill. Just learning the ships and leading shots.

As to drops and FPS. It has seemed to have become worse since last update.

Members
1,734 posts
9,901 battles
7 hours ago, Motleytanker3 said:

This has absolutely nothing to do with playing smart. This is about fighting not only your way up but keeping that position as well. That is the point of the King of the hill concept of clan wars. Not groups of clans sitting there. Everyday you sit, you loose points and positions. I really dont see why you would even try to make it seem ok? Players/Clans talk about how they want to have clan wars to fight each other but do the very same thing they did in WOT  to grab land and diplomat to keep such positions. Maybe its just the childish ego elitist thinking?  

As to the having a bad night or not feeling well excuses just dont cut it. Having a bad night happens and players not feeling well can sit out while other members take their place. There is no reason for this at all. I just hope Wargaming takes a better look at what rules need to be set to keep all clans active and battling as clan wars are intended. This has caused just another issues as it was last season with clans abusing the cool down in switching clans for their own benefit. Yes, I do read the forums.

I took you at your word and looked up the leader board, and saw that every clan in the first page didnt sit out the last CB day.  Who specifically are you leveling this charge against?  My image below seems to indicate you have not looked at the standings.  All the top teams are active.

Teams have certain choke points.  You only have so many callers, or officers.  Dont have an officer available you cant start the CB div.  Dont have a caller, whose going to lead the team?

Top competitive teams do miss days periodically.  Some of these teams are involved in testing for the game, and that often conflicts with CB seasons.  Should these teams be punished for ironing out issues in new content in the game?

WG is not going to punish smaller clans, for example CUTER has 16 members currently, less than half the size of other clans, but we are ranked 6th with only 150 games which is pretty good since we did not receive the points bump that teams that participated in CB last season. Quality of the games matter more than quantity.  It seems to me the disadvantage a small clan has over larger clans is a fallacy.

Looking up your clan it does not really surprise me you have not participated in a single clan battle this season.  This really makes you look like a tiny man, mad at teams that put in effort to get to the top.  I really hope that's not the case. 

Please enlighten me, who is abusing inactivity to garner an unfair advantage?  How does it work?

Hurricane Standings 3-7-2018.jpg

MoH-2.jpg

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
6 hours ago, Sere_Pj said:

Thanks,

Sere_Pj

WG never teased playing 24-7, just that they'd do their best to work on the times it's active to be more flexible.

[NCUS]
Members
23 posts
549 battles
11 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

I took you at your word and looked up the leader board, and saw that every clan in the first page didnt sit out the last CB day.  Who specifically are you leveling this charge against?  My image below seems to indicate you have not looked at the standings.  All the top teams are active.

Teams have certain choke points.  You only have so many callers, or officers.  Dont have an officer available you cant start the CB div.  Dont have a caller, whose going to lead the team?

Top competitive teams do miss days periodically.  Some of these teams are involved in testing for the game, and that often conflicts with CB seasons.  Should these teams be punished for ironing out issues in new content in the game?

WG is not going to punish smaller clans, for example CUTER has 16 members currently, less than half the size of other clans, but we are ranked 6th with only 150 games which is pretty good since we did not receive the points bump that teams that participated in CB last season. Quality of the games matter more than quantity.  It seems to me the disadvantage a small clan has over larger clans is a fallacy.

Looking up your clan it does not really surprise me you have not participated in a single clan battle this season.  This really makes you look like a tiny man, mad at teams that put in effort to get to the top.  I really hope that's not the case. 

Please enlighten me, who is abusing inactivity to garner an unfair advantage?  How does it work?

Hurricane Standings 3-7-2018.jpg

MoH-2.jpg

Looking at my clan doesn't have anything to do with the point I am making . Clan wars MM is clearly exposing the very point of this thread. You just continue to counter excuses to  try justify the reason for clans not being active as clan wars are meant to be.  Yes, at this time we are not active in clan wars due to we are a  building a player base of active players for clan wars as well I have to build my own ships up. Again your just trying to dance around the fact that clans that are not only ready and can fight are slamming their way up and just sitting there and this problem is even starting in lower brackets which is just causing a snowball effect that WG needs to get a handle on and fix it before it gets worse. It just going to make clans who are trying grow tired of being slammed into brackets they are not ready for.

• Bad 3