Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

4 comments in this topic

Members
61 posts
366 battles

I have the independence at this point and am close to being able to research the ranger, but don't know what I should do and what changes I should make for the transition from the indy to the larger ranger. I am moving through no matter what, cause I want the Lexington and Essex, but I would like to know what I need to do to prepare for ranger and similar ships and how to play them well. 

[WPP]
Members
515 posts
5,424 battles

I can't even remember the transition from tier 6 to tier 7.  In my mind they are the same thing (even though I know they aren't).  You just get the Ranger, retrain the captain, and play it like the Independence.  It's more difficult because you see a lot more Kaga and Saipan than you did in the Independence, but overall similar.

How is your captain looking?

[RLGN]
Members
8,246 posts
17,263 battles

Play it like Indy with one more divebomber squad.

Play it in Co-op and make all the Saipan, Kaga, and Hiryu primadonnas fight each other for their jollies.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,448 posts
8,096 battles

If you've been matched against tier 8 in Inde - vs 9 in Ranger is 10x worse. Otherwise it's the same now with more planes and extra DB squadron. You have to be on A game with strafing against Saipan, DFE skill is must have.

Sign in to follow this