You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

6 comments in this topic

Members
61 posts
371 battles

I have been playing American low to mid-tier carriers and am pretty close (10k xp - about 2k free XP) to getting the ranger, but have fleet carrier experience from playing graf zeppelin and enterprise. I haven't, however, played Japanese carriers, and they look pretty appealing, especially when I found out that between the XP I have left over from the Myogi and free xp I have from premium chips I have enough to fully upgrade the hosio and research and halfway upgrade the zuhio. However, I only have a very basic idea of how they play, as my only experience I have playing Japanese carriers is three games in the hosio. That's it. I'd like to know how the first three carriers play in depth. Thanks, and I hope to see your excellent posts! 

Firebird 16

File:Hiryu (10).jpg

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,129 battles

If you're ever looking for good CV tips, Femmenenly and Farazelleth are some of the best players out there.  They have their own YouTube channels with a lot of great info for both basic and advanced tactics.  Here are a few low tier IJN guides from Farazelleth to get you started:

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,285 posts
17,328 battles

New vids? Or did I miss these being attached to Fara's original carrier guides?

[PROJX]
Members
976 posts
15,763 battles
1 hour ago, FirebirdXIV said:

I have been playing American low to mid-tier carriers and am pretty close (10k xp - about 2k free XP) to getting the ranger, but have fleet carrier experience from playing graf zeppelin and enterprise. I haven't, however, played Japanese carriers, and they look pretty appealing, especially when I found out that between the XP I have left over from the Myogi and free xp I have from premium chips I have enough to fully upgrade the hosio and research and halfway upgrade the zuhio. However, I only have a very basic idea of how they play, as my only experience I have playing Japanese carriers is three games in the hosio. That's it. I'd like to know how the first three carriers play in depth. Thanks, and I hope to see your excellent posts! 

Firebird 16

File:Hiryu (10).jpg

Hey Firebird - Here's a series of links for all CVs & CV play in general from Farazelleth's YouTube channel - including his Fara's Carrier Guide Series which is very instructive for overall CV play:

(The links below are from WOWS Enjoyment - List of Game Improvement/Mechanics Articles & Guides)

[ Links to Farazelleth YouTube Videos ] Fara's CV Guides - CV Configuration and Play

For those interested in CV Gameplay - this section contains links to  very detailed instructional and informational videos from the EU Unicum CV Player Farazelleth's YouTube Series Fara Carrier Guide.  This series explains tactics and strategies when playing CVs which will help you get the most out of your CV (including gameplay examples).   Farazelleth has also posted a Configure Your CV series  which covers each CV in the Tech Tree including:

• Ship Upgrade Recommended Progression
  • Module Upgrades
  • Captains Skills
  • Overall ship playstyle and information
  • Play examples in Random Battles

The links below represent a sampler of basic CV information contained on his channel - if you find the information useful, please consider subscribing to his channel.

Fara Carrier Guides Series

What Makes a Good CV?

Introduction

IJN CVs

USN CVs

Premiums

• Cool 1

1,542 posts
26 battles

Thank you for all your insights guys! They're super helpful! I haven't seen a lot of these either @hangglide42 so I'll have to check them out too!