You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Trigger5521

Mini Map zoom fix reverted 7.2.1?

4 comments in this topic

[NVY]
Members
22 posts
4,473 battles

Why can't we zoom in more on the minimap after this latest hotfix? Did WG revert form the previous release? The zoom was really useful when playing at 3440x1440

Members
1 post
5,290 battles

It's true, I play in 2k and the scale of things on the screen is horrible. The consumables I do not care so much because if they are big or not, it is more a matter of aesthetics than to be useful but the crossair and the minemap are a problem. when they introduced the 7.2 update I liked the scale of the minemap, the ships were very visible and easy to know the direction of them but now it was all to mud again. The ships are now very small, and I like to activate their names to make it easier to identify the size of the danger around me, but when I do this when there are several clustered enemies, their names stay on top of each other and what is really annoying is that the name of a ship is on top of the drawing of the other ship and consequently I can not see the direction of the same, it disturbs the time to aim and shoot (but okay, I can deactivate the names in those hours, anyway it is annoying ). Finally, and more importantly, the crosshair. I like to play with crosshair number 5 because I always played and I'm already used to it and it seems more accurate than the others, anyway, this applies to all crosshair. I bought a PC recently and it has a 2k screen as I said before but I had a 1080p notebook and it made a lot of difference when I try to hit a target further, it is worse playing with CAs and the other side against faster targets (imagine shooting against Khaba). The problem is that the crosshair is not long enough horizontally and it is difficult to level the target if the line is not below it. I tried to use the dynamic sight because it covers the entire screen horizontally but there is no way, the static aim is much better, even limited horizontally. But the problem of having trouble hitting distant targets remains. I only imagine the lives of those who play in 4k, poor people, must have difficulty in targeting within 10km. But it is very easy to solve this, very very very very easy. Just place variations of the crosshairs that cover the entire screen horizontally (exactly equal to the dynamic aim) and it is solved, it should take about five minutes to do this. The crosshairs 1 to 3 gradually increase the size, only increase to the end. The rest of the crosshairs too, just place more variations of the crosshairs, longer ones (do not forget to increase crosshair number 5 :). Sorry for my english but I think it gave to understand the problem and how easy it is to solve. thank you!!

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,881 battles

Cranky as it may sound, but I have the opposite problem. I zoom out, and the map zooms back in!

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
6 hours ago, Trigger5521 said:

Why can't we zoom in more on the minimap after this latest hotfix? Did WG revert form the previous release? The zoom was really useful when playing at 3440x1440

So they did [edited] it up. I just tried to play 1st game today and all the icons on the minimap are so [edited]small they're almost invisible. It's even worse than it was before the patch now.