You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CapChandler

Premiums getting an Upgrade

34 comments in this topic

[GTF]
[GTF]
Members
72 posts

I have herd that the HMS Belfast as a T7 has the T8 upgrade slots. I had 3 ideas with this, and this would possible make more people willing to buy premiums; what if every premium had one extra upgrade slot than its tear?

For Example, T9 USS Missouri BB 63 would have T10 upgrade slots | T7 USS Atlanta (and Flint) would have T8 Upgrade slots | T8 Loyang Would have T9 Upgrade slots. 

I know it smells like power creep, and looks like power creep, but it might help the game out with more business. No the game isn't running low on money (as far as we know) but it could help, and it could even help out all the other premiums since Belfast is a special case right now.

Why Cant Alabama have T9 upgrade slots? Belfast has T8 upgrade slots and its a T7; It seems unfair. but it would be way less unfair if ALL premiums had one extra Tear upgrade slots.

My second idea is that ALL premium ships are RUST FREE. Just for the feeling that shes new again and fresh from the ship yards. :)

And lastly, my third idea was that when every you put on the permanent camouflage on any ship in the game, if that ship had a hull number, that number would be displayed on her with that Permanent Camouflage.

• Bad 9

[-K-]
Supertester
3,099 posts
6,832 battles

What you are asking for is pay to win.  I object.  Premiums already are better credit earners than their tech tree counterparts.  And you can stick any captain in them without retraining.  That is more than sufficient.

• Cool 8

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,671 battles

I'm against blanked opening of this to all premiums but a select few it could be useful. The Indianapolis comes to mind in that regard, as getting the ability to mount steering gears mod 3  might help it right now as it's not exactly overperforming vs the tech tree. I would limit such concepts to limited modules though and only for rare cases of vessels that are moderately underperforming.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,587 posts
3,753 battles
8 minutes ago, CapChandler said:

I know it smells like power creep, and looks like power creep

If it smells and looks like power creep, then most likely it is power creep. Take the Alabama for example, if you were able to slot Main Battery Modification 3 on it, you would immediately get a ship firing faster than almost anything in its tier that would also meet T6s. Belfast is the best example to showcase how those upgrades can mess up the game, and its removal points that the devs agree on that as well. The only reasonable example of that upgrade tactic is the Arkansas Beta with the T10 upgrade slots, but its just a stock Wyoming without AA so this is its differentiating factor from the silver ship.

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,381 battles

Kidd with T9 AA upgrade slot.  yes please. 

Beta Testers
173 posts
5,881 battles

Arkansas Beta -six mod slots. 

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,406 posts
3,583 battles
43 minutes ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

What you are asking for is pay to win.  I object.  Premiums already are better credit earners than their tech tree counterparts.  And you can stick any captain in them without retraining.  That is more than sufficient.

I come from the early WOT Premium mentality, that a premium is usually slightly worse then its tech tree counterpart, and the benefit comes from the crew training / coin generation. 

It irked my a bit when I saw the path they decided to take in WOWS,  blatantly making certain ships much stronger then the tech tree counterpart. 

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts

Yeah no. The last thing we need is to turn every Premium ship into MORE like the Belfast.

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts
3 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

I come from the early WOT Premium mentality, that a premium is usually slightly worse then its tech tree counterpart, and the benefit comes from the crew training / coin generation. 

It irked my a bit when I saw the path they decided to take in WOWS,  blatantly making certain ships much stronger then the tech tree counterpart. 

They also typically had improved MM, which is something I would gladly take a nerf for on any premium. I'd give away Warspite's improved Repair if it meant I only saw +-1 in it. I'd give away Radar on Belfast for +-1 MM.

Edited by _RC1138

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,406 posts
3,583 battles
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

They also typically had improved MM, which is something I would gladly take a nerf for on any premium. I'd give away Warspite's improved Repair if it meant I only saw +-1 in it.

Yes, notable examples such as JT 8.8 and IS6. 

Def agree. 

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts
2 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

The only Premium that needs a buff is Prinz Eugen.

It really doesn't: it's functionally identical to the Hipper so any buffs to it would amount to a PTW boat.

Really the Kryspy Kream is the only real premium needing a buff, as it is inferior to both it's tree equivalent and all at tier competitor.s

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles
52 minutes ago, Azumazi said:

I'm against blanked opening of this to all premiums but a select few it could be useful. The Indianapolis comes to mind in that regard, as getting the ability to mount steering gears mod 3  might help it right now as it's not exactly overperforming vs the tech tree. I would limit such concepts to limited modules though and only for rare cases of vessels that are moderately underperforming.

Or they could just buff the Indianapolis....

[OPG]
Supertester
1,904 posts
10,291 battles

The addition of the upgrade slot was used for balancing purposes on select premium ships.  Granted some of these led to unbalanced ships *cough* canyousaywinfast *cough*, excuse me,  however to blanket upgrade every premium with the next highest slot would throw off the balance that the ships have, which in turn would totally gimp the tech tree ships and thus throw the entire game economy into chaos.

cats-and-dogs-living-together-gif-2.gif.c006cf1131ab18e2709c1c7f62a12ccc.gif

[OPG]
[OPG]
Beta Testers
1,451 posts
10,329 battles

The overwhelming majority of premium ships need zero buff whatsoever. 

Members
61 posts
371 battles

I would like Atlanta to be able to mount tier 9-10 upgrade slot so she can mount main armaments mod 3  and get her reload time down to 2 secs, and maybe have a more efficient shell, so she can do more damage. seriously, this ship needs mods and nerfs and buffs in different places.

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
1 hour ago, CapChandler said:

For Example, T9 USS Missouri BB 63 would have T10 upgrade slots | T7 USS Atlanta (and Flint) would have T8 Upgrade slots | T8 Loyang Would have T9 Upgrade slots. 

Why Cant Alabama have T9 upgrade slots?

Thing is, every single ship you mentioned is already performing better than most ships in their tier.  Do you really want to give them more advantage?  Really?

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

There's no such thing as "T10 upgrade slots".

[RELSH]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
523 posts
219 battles

WoWS needs Premium HE shells that always penetrate regardless of caliber fired from.. at 15 doubloons each. 

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,229 posts
9,013 battles
2 hours ago, Cobraclutch said:

Lol look up IS-3 Defender in WoT Blitz... :Smile_teethhappy:

It does not shock me in the least if Wargaming decides to make an occasional premium vehicle OP after seeing some of the tanks in Blitz lol.

Imagine a premium tank that can carry an entire team and make it rain credits  as well.