You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

What Game of Thrones House is Each Ship Tree

8 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,474 posts
4,768 battles

Decided to something a little fun and lighthearted...   for the TL:DW crowd: Stark=USN, Lannister=Germany, Martell=Italy, Frey=RN, Targaryen=IJN, France=Tyrell, Russia=Greyjoy.  I drew them off of ship and historical parallels.  What would you put where?

[WPP]
Members
519 posts
5,474 battles

Britain - Griffindor

France, Pan Asia, Commonwealth  - Hufflepuff

Germany - Ravenclaw

USA - Slytherin

Japan - Greyjoy

• Funny 1

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,745 posts
3,490 battles

USN is house Stark becauase they obeyed all the rules of the Naval Treaty, and their ships suffer from being actually built or scrapped at the last second. Also, using correct, and realistic velocity.

Unfortunately this means they pay a heavy price compared to some other nations. They largely use their worst, max elevation reloads, they use their "standard" max speeds instead of pushing the equipment, their velocity is modeled for barrel wear mattering, guns not exploding, and accuracy, torpedoes don't blow up so not having them on Cruisers is actually a benefit, everyone has USN repair, everyone has USN FCS essentially, good ship keeping doesn't help prevent fires, or prevent casualties.

The USN CAs (heavy cruisers) should all get 10-12 second reloads as acheived in actual combat until Des Moines because she uses auto reloaders.

The USN Standards should be able to acheive 20-24 second reloads.

The velocity of all USN guns should be increased to max tested velocity, since barrel wear doesn't matter, and since apparently it doesn't affect dispersion on paper ships and prototypes, it should remain as middling accurate as they are now. I'll cry a whole 2-3 tears about island shooting.

USN AA should be even better thanks to Radar fuses, and not stripped down tp be fair to other ships.

The Colorado should get 24 knots as a crazy engine upgrade that TOTALLY could have happened if she was sunk in 1922, and also her top West Virgina or other Hull.

The Omaha should be Tier 4, since no other Cruiser at Tier 5 is that old and garbage.

The USN Cruisers should get more range (IJN also, but this isn't about them).

Torpedoes should be able to cause detonations on Cruisers.

Yes, this is incredibly "biased" on my part, and I wrote it with that as the goal, to be a total fan boi. But a lot of it is far from unreasonable based on how ships have been implemented.

I believe velocity should be set by war time settings, that required longer time between replacements on barrells and obeyed the principle that exploding a barrel after 2-3 shots isn't practical when you have to use it in combat. That if you give a ship it's best reload rate of 35 seconds, then make it 30, and then turn around and hold Pensacola, who wins no awards for damage or potential damage, to a max of 15.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[OPG]
Supertester
1,904 posts
10,265 battles

Would that make Poland House Mormont.....

Members
182 posts
728 battles

Im not sure what game of thrones is meant to be.

Modern dungeons and dragons? lord of the rings crap?

• Bad 1

[KNMSU]
Members
3,370 posts
4,003 battles

Uhm, that guy with the sword? His, uh... house... would fit comfortably on the deck of a Bismarck. And that girl with the wig who seems to think white hair looks good with black eyebrows? She will fit comfortably inside the funnel of my Yamato. And then that dude with the feet? I feel very strongly that he's a Commonwealth player. 

321f3d4507f3839b1b4fbdae61c8cafa569c6fa2

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
26 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Kongo said:

Uhm, that guy with the sword? His, uh... house... would fit comfortably on the deck of a Bismarck. And that girl with the wig who seems to think white hair looks good with black eyebrows? She will fit comfortably inside the funnel of my Yamato. And then that dude with the feet? I feel very strongly that he's a Commonwealth player. 

321f3d4507f3839b1b4fbdae61c8cafa569c6fa2

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WoWs is WoWS 

S--t on TV has no place here.