You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Valin_2017

USS Lexington CV 2 Found

9 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Members
9,039 posts

It is a pretty cool find but this the 7th or so thread on it. :cap_tea:

[SOB]
Members
45 posts
3,091 battles
10 hours ago, WolfofWarship said:

Wow! To be fair, she looks well! What an amazing find!

One of the great things about being one of the richest people around is you get to do cool stuff like this.

[PIZZA]
[PIZZA]
Members
19 posts
22,704 battles

The thing that is most exciting is the condition of the aircraft....there is NO surviving example of the TBD Devastator torpedo bomber on display. I'm sure the Museum of Naval Aviation is in full gear right now about getting these aircraft recovered. There are 7 Devastators, three SBD Dauntless dive bombers and a single F4F Wildcat on the ocean bottom.Very exciting news if you have an interest in warplanes and restoration.

T-9-and-T-4_1-2.jpg

Edited by ChampionsVA56
  • Cool 1

Members
204 posts
7,476 battles
On 3/8/2018 at 10:38 AM, ChampionsVA56 said:

The thing that is most exciting is the condition of the aircraft....there is NO surviving example of the TBD Devastator torpedo bomber on display. I'm sure the Museum of Naval Aviation is in full gear right now about getting these aircraft recovered. There are 7 Devastators, three SBD Dauntless dive bombers and a single F4F Wildcat on the ocean bottom.Very exciting news if you have an interest in warplanes and restoration.

T-9-and-T-4_1-2.jpg

She is consider a war grave so even if people want to recover these planes to put on display I'm not sure they can do it unless the US government gives permission. Also giving her location and depth a recover operation is not possible in the near future.

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,775 posts
5,809 battles
1 hour ago, IJN_Yamato_BB17 said:

She is consider a war grave so even if people want to recover these planes to put on display I'm not sure they can do it unless the US government gives permission. Also giving her location and depth a recover operation is not possible in the near future.

Yes, the SHIP is a war grave, I dont think the planes fall under that law.