You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
major_rage

Free Stuff For All World of Warships & Twitch

15 comments in this topic

Members
70 posts
14 battles

https://twitch.worldofwarships.com/

What you need to do to participate:
1.  Create/have a Twitch Prime account (create a standard one, then upgrade it to Prime).
2.  Create/have a WoWs account and bind it to your Twitch account. 
3.  Install WoWs (I hope this step doesn’t concern you guys :blush:)
4.  Enjoy the swag after logging into the game! The swag includes: A very skilled commander Kappa, who can be assigned to the US ships Twitch themed port, 5 Twitch containers with a chance of dropping doubloons and an achievement.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,432 posts
9,616 battles

I don't think Kappa has any special captain traits...he is just a regular 10 pt captain.

Also, check your achievements.  I'm betting the Twitch achievement is there.  I don't think you have to get it from a crate. (*confirmed)

Edited by desmo_2

[PVE]
Members
5,681 posts
18,265 battles
8 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I don't think Kappa has any special captain traits...he is just a regular 10 pt captain.

Also, check your achievements.  I'm betting the Twitch achievement is there.  I don't think you have to get it from a crate.

Desmo I didn't bother with this because I read you needed an Amazon Prime account as well. Do you know if this is the case? Not really sure I want to bother with Twitch Prime, I do not see much on Twitch now that interests me as it is..  I had to laugh at the "achievement", they should add an achievement for owning a premium ships or buying premium time... I think "achievement" doesn't mean what Wargaming thinks it means....

[VOC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
38 posts
1,334 battles
7 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Desmo I didn't bother with this because I read you needed an Amazon Prime account as well. Do you know if this is the case? Not really sure I want to bother with Twitch Prime, I do not see much on Twitch now that interests me as it is..  I had to laugh at the "achievement", they should add an achievement for owning a premium ships or buying premium time... I think "achievement" doesn't mean what Wargaming thinks it means....

If you have Amazon Prime you also have Twitch prime. This is because Twitch is owned by Amazon. You can try 1 month of Amazon (Twitch) Prime for free.

• Cool 1

Members
70 posts
14 battles
4 minutes ago, daangerous said:

If you have Amazon Prime you also have Twitch prime. This is because Twitch is owned by Amazon. You can try 1 month of Amazon (Twitch) Prime for free.

yep start an amazon account and get the free 7 day trial for prime (u may need $1 in ur account for verification) then end your prime account once u claim the goodies. so it cost u $0 

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,432 posts
9,616 battles

I got pretty much the same loot as the video.  No doubloons.

The free captain will be standing by for his new USN cruiser once the split happens.

Members
67 posts
21,556 battles

I am able to log in to my wargaming.net account and play the game with my email and password. I can not link my twitch account to my wargaming account as wargaming says no email address found. What gives?

Members
67 posts
21,556 battles
23 minutes ago, swampwater77 said:

I am able to log in to my wargaming.net account and play the game with my email and password. I can not link my twitch account to my wargaming account as wargaming says no email address found. What gives?

Disregard please. It all went through and like the OP I just got signal flags and camo.

[VOC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
38 posts
1,334 battles
29 minutes ago, swampwater77 said:

Make sure you are in the right region. Other players had the same problem and this was the reason. Maybe this will help. :cap_like:

Members
67 posts
21,556 battles
5 minutes ago, daangerous said:

Make sure you are in the right region. Other players had the same problem and this was the reason. Maybe this will help. :cap_like:

Thanks. I did manage to get all sorted out. Don't know which salty phrase or phrases got it to work, but I sure used a bunch of them.

• Funny 1

[PSP]
Members
6,342 posts
8,968 battles

Your billing address associated with your credit card must be a verified United States address to get access to Twitch Prime.

Members
15 posts
2,698 battles

I already had Amazon Prime.  I also had already made a twitch account last year for other games (AoE 2 & LoL) vids. 

I got almost the almost the exact same drop from the 5 crates.  My commander Kappa was assigned in my RESERVE List, and with assigned ship ERIE (Level ONE cruiser, lol).   Of course, that means this Level 10 Kappa dude must be retrained (e.g., crippled or pay to retrain) to another ship.

Kappa has NO SPECIAL ABILITIES AT ALL.

It is just a regular 10-point captain.

Some thoughts on actual 10-point captain value...

Notes: 
EC XP='Elite Commander XP' which is reward, or more typically XP earned after a commander reaches level 19.
FXP = 'Free XP' (what you earn for ship, or get in some rewards).
Training a new 0-point commander to level 10 = 183,000 EC XP.  

If I did not already have an established account with lots of ships, captains, and several million FXP and EC XP, this would be quite annoying because either I would have to pay 500 gold (which is about $500/287= $1.74 assuming you buy gold at 25,000g/$100 at the 15% discount), or earn 25,000 EC XP while skills reduced.

Or, you can spend 200,000 silver (which is $0.47, based on 1,500 silver/gold, and gold at $1=287g) then use EC XP for the remaining half.

If you play Scenarios and can run Dragon flags, you can earn this XP 25,000 in 2 battles and Kappa is retrained (but you currently need to do it on a L7 US Cruiser unless you division another scenario, all of which require L6 or L7 ships.

The 'actual' value of said 10-point commander in terms of 183,000 EC XP converted (1g/25XP) is 7,320 gold, which (at $1/287) is a whopping $25.50.  Only the [rich+idiot] would pay this, however.  Instead, just retrain or spend 200,000 silver and cut retrain  to 12,500 EC XP (which can be done in one mission with flags).

• Cool 2

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,063 posts
9 minutes ago, LeDeath said:

I already had Amazon Prime.  I also had already made a twitch account last year for other games (AoE 2 & LoL) vids. 

I got almost the almost the exact same drop from the 5 crates.  My commander Kappa was assigned in my RESERVE List, and with assigned ship ERIE (Level ONE cruiser, lol).   Of course, that means this Level 10 Kappa dude must be retrained (e.g., crippled or pay to retrain) to another ship.

Kappa has NO SPECIAL ABILITIES AT ALL.

It is just a regular 10-point captain.

Some thoughts on actual 10-point captain value...

Reveal hidden contents

Notes: 
EC XP='Elite Commander XP' which is reward, or more typically XP earned after a commander reaches level 19.
FXP = 'Free XP' (what you earn for ship, or get in some rewards).
Training a new 0-point commander to level 10 = 183,000 EC XP.  

If I did not already have an established account with lots of ships, captains, and several million FXP and EC XP, this would be quite annoying because either I would have to pay 500 gold (which is about $500/287= $1.74 assuming you buy gold at 25,000g/$100 at the 15% discount), or earn 25,000 EC XP while skills reduced.

Or, you can spend 200,000 silver (which is $0.47, based on 1,500 silver/gold, and gold at $1=287g) then use EC XP for the remaining half.

If you play Scenarios and can run Dragon flags, you can earn this XP 25,000 in 2 battles and Kappa is retrained (but you currently need to do it on a L7 US Cruiser unless you division another scenario, all of which require L6 or L7 ships.

The 'actual' value of said 10-point commander in terms of 183,000 EC XP converted (1g/25XP) is 7,320 gold, which (at $1/287) is a whopping $25.50.  Only the [rich+idiot] would pay this, however.  Instead, just retrain or spend 200,000 silver and cut retrain  to 12,500 EC XP (which can be done in one mission with flags).

Ayup  they only hand those out in special missionsSteven Seagal,Jack Dunkirk,Isoroku Yamamoto,Jean Jqques Honore