Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ImperiumDylan

Warship Suggestion

11 comments in this topic

Members
35 posts
456 battles

What nation of battleships would you recommend if you want to get close to a target and fire as fast as you can as well as it having good armor?

Edited by ImperiumDylan

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,843 posts
1,332 battles
1 minute ago, ImperiumDylan said:

What nation of battleships would you recommend if you want to get close to a target and fire as fast as you can as well as it having good armor?

Scharnhorst has good armor, and a good RoF.

[PVE]
Members
5,619 posts
18,209 battles

Lots of people will say different things but in my opinion, the Germans excel at getting in close and blasting things. They have something called "turtleback armor" and it provides nice protection. Of course all the standard rules apply (ie don't show broadsides, angle your armor, etc) but on their premium battleships they have torpedoes and on most of the line, they have really nice secondaries as well.  The speed of the ships isn't all that bad after around tier 5 or 6.

Edited by Taylor3006

[SYN]
Members
4,546 posts
11,437 battles

The sauerkraut boats.  Yeah.  They like to get up close and personal, and the BBs tend to have better RoF than their foreign contemporaries.

Gneisenau is the only regular tech tree battleship in the game with torpedoes.  Sometimes people forget that. :cap_haloween:

[PVE]
Members
5,619 posts
18,209 battles
17 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

The sauerkraut boats.  Yeah.  They like to get up close and personal, and the BBs tend to have better RoF than their foreign contemporaries.

Gneisenau is the only regular tech tree battleship in the game with torpedoes.  Sometimes people forget that. :cap_haloween:

I always forget about the Gneisenau. She is ok, my problem is I have Scharnhorst and Tirpitz so I am spoiled.

[WOSV]
Members
331 posts
2,210 battles

That would have to be the German BB. The guns, especially the higher tiers, have a decent RoF, and some of the best secondaries in the game. Plus, the Turtleback citadel armor scheme is perfect for up close.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,094 posts
14,503 battles
2 hours ago, ImperiumDylan said:

German Battleships are exactly what you're looking for.  It works out well because for many BB tiers, IJN, USN, etc. main battery gunnery isn't exactly great.  But that completely changes starting Tier VIII, and at IX-X, the short ranged emphasis of German BBs becomes hard to apply in a TIer VIII-X match.  Everyone's ability to hit, hammer targets at long range goes way higher starting at Tier VIII.  Tier X, even the Cruisers will work you over confidently, much less BBs like Yamato, Montana, Missouri, Amagi that have zero problems hitting at range.  The problem for German BBs is main battery reliability at range, i.e. 16km+.  It's fine in low and mid tiers, but at high, that becomes a liability.

But all BB lines are a set of compromises.

Members
3,784 posts
14,050 battles
2 hours ago, ImperiumDylan said:

It sounds like you want a brawler. Scharnhorst, Gneisenau, Tirpitz, and Bismarck are damn good at brawling.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,849 posts
10,635 battles
7 hours ago, ImperiumDylan said:

German or French

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts

German or Royal Navy. German because they can just lumber in with secondaries blazing and have the armor to survive the whole way in, Royal Navy because they can stealth in close, open up, and heal through the pain.

Sign in to follow this