You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

Times When SALT is Justified?

56 comments in this topic

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,200 battles

Since people here agree to the statement "salt is just stupidity", will people also agree on the statement "there are situations that justify salt"

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,897 posts
10,479 battles

Unless you pull 2k base xp on a loss, don't wanna hear it

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,299 posts
9,016 battles
4 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Unless you pull 2k base xp on a loss, don't wanna hear it

OH! I JUST FOUND MY NEW SIG!!!

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,254 posts
8,649 battles

Always justified. Always.

[TMS]
Members
1,742 posts
22,088 battles

When a ship/ships just has to run away for a win but goes yoloing in because they get greedy.

Edited by Final8ty
  • Cool 1

[WOSV]
Members
333 posts
2,242 battles

If you're upset about something and wish to verbally express it, I generally don't mind, just as long as you're civil about it. You can't call people N***** F****** in chat because you died.

Same applies if the "salt" is directed towards a particularly bad player. Be civil, and I don't care.

[CASUL]
Members
255 posts
3,575 battles
24 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

When a ship/ships just has to run away for a win but goes yoloing in because they get greedy.

Worse, had a game where all the guy needed to do was head back to our base and fire a salvo at a very low health cruiser who was sitting in it. He was in a nearly full health Texas. Everyone, including the enemy team, thought the game was over. Even started joking about a "surrender" option.

But the king of potatoes had other plans. He didn't head back to our base. He didn't even fire a salvo even though he was well within firing range. Instead, he turned around and headed for the enemy base. Despite everyone (even the enemy team) telling him to turn around, or even just fire a shot, he continued to defend his actions and kept right on going.

You know you're something special when even the enemy team is throwing salt and you're handing them the win.

• Funny 1

[SOUP]
7,584 posts

When the recipe for my soup calls for it

[OPG]
2,897 posts
10,479 battles
1 hour ago, legozer said:

OH! I JUST FOUND MY NEW SIG!!!

I approve

[WOLF3]
Members
6,493 posts
2,439 battles

Well, there's salt, and then there's rage.

Whatever your hormones may be telling you in the moment, internalize this:  Rage is bad for your heart. 

I keep thinking of a salt player, sitting at the keyboard spewing filth, just seizing up and falling over. 

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,599 posts
25,771 battles
16 hours ago, Final8ty said:

Had that happen yesterday. I've been trying to be nice, but there was this Colorado over in A cap on Haven, and the Red Gadjah Madah in C. We just needed for him to live so we could win a tight one, and the GM captain already had three kills and was both aggressive and competent. So everyone told the Colorado to turn right and run. Live and we win! Instead, he went to C cap. No need to tell you what happened next. Luckily we eked out the win. 

Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles

It's never justified.  Seriously, just don't get upset over this game.  Even if a teammate did make an obvious mistake that cost you a win, flipping out and ranting at them will just stress you out and make everyone (including the "potato" you're ranting at) roll their eyes and ignore you.  And especially don't start up with the whole "another useless team..." thing, as if your current teammates bear some kind of responsibility for previous losses you had with completely different teams.  Nobody wants to hear it.  Nobody is going to apologize to you or try to make it up to you.  Nobody is going to care about your stats going down.  It just makes people think you're a small-minded jerk who loses their cool over completely inconsequential things.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[USCC2]
Members
3,595 posts

Guess it depends on the true meaning of being 'Salty' lol.

For me it isn't just being frustrated, there is always something that will frustrate a person, so why not something that happens in this game - but for me being salty includes downloading a torrent of toxic language at someone.

For me that isn't acceptable and I will either be too busy fighting or if it has led to me being killed - I will quickly do a 'flip' in my mind and imagine what I would say in reply to the salt I'm thinking of saying - then quickly think to myself 'yes they may be behind a mountain hiding, but only you moved forward without the support and that is what got you killed!' - so will just say GL and exit that match. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,682 posts
18,265 battles
1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Guess it depends on the true meaning of being 'Salty' lol.

For me it isn't just being frustrated, there is always something that will frustrate a person, so why not something that happens in this game - but for me being salty includes downloading a torrent of toxic language at someone.

For me that isn't acceptable and I will either be too busy fighting or if it has led to me being killed - I will quickly do a 'flip' in my mind and imagine what I would say in reply to the salt I'm thinking of saying - then quickly think to myself 'yes they may be behind a mountain hiding, but only you moved forward without the support and that is what got you killed!' - so will just say GL and exit that match. :Smile_honoring:

Yeah I agree. I think people who get sunk and vent a bit are not that bad, the game is frustrating at times so a bit of salt isn't totally out of the question. I do get angry with the ones that just won't let it go and just continue to get nasty and berate other players for whatever reason. I even forgive a nasty swipe if it done just once and understand it is usually out of frustration but the ones that threaten and abuse other players is just too much. It is just a stupid game, we have players who act as if their very life depends on the outcome of the match. They are just ridiculous and need to get over themselves. Maybe they need to find companionship or interests outside of computer games. They truly are pitiful creatures.

• Cool 1

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
170 posts
6,571 battles
4 hours ago, Halonut24 said:

If you're upset about something and wish to verbally express it, I generally don't mind, just as long as you're civil about it. You can't call people N***** F****** in chat because you died.

Same applies if the "salt" is directed towards a particularly bad player. Be civil, and I don't care.

The problem with saying N***** F*** is that the brain quickly works out what it is anyway, even if its mispelled or typed like that or slightly differently, so even if you think your hiding it... Your not!! .  Cause everyone else's brain is smarter than you so you might as well just say it in chat, instead of being politically correct and think we don't know, cause we do, we can judge you then after that.  If your gonna suggest it then have the guts to really say it instead of half saying it and have everyone know thats exactly what  you said in chat.  Its your rep, be an adult , take responsibility for it, good or bad.

Edited by DevilD0g

[KNMSU]
Members
3,373 posts
4,008 battles

It's almost always justified. The entire concept of "salt" as it pertains to WoWs was invented by people who didn't want to acknowledge that they screwed up. It's a mind game/psychological deflection that attempts to shift blame from the guilty party to the accuser.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[CVRME]
[CVRME]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,300 posts
5,074 battles

Alsace.thumb.png.009317b46bf37d2c963cbebb85888e02.png

I may actually quit this game this game again after only coming back about a month ago because of how tired I am of absolutely pathetic players.  I love my new Alsace and look at this bullcrap.  And yeah that top damage?  Apparently that's what I have to do to win.

Beta Testers
492 posts
4,505 battles

When half your team gets themselves sunk within a the first few minutes of an operation cause they  charge into torp range of a pack of bot tier 5 and 6 cruisers then it is justified to drop a salty comment on the quality of the team.

[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles

The problem is 90% of the player base confuses salt with the truth.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,317 posts
4,201 battles
10 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Problem is 90% of the time the salty player has no clue.

[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles
Just now, SwirvinBirds said:

problem is people post more than they play.

Beta Testers
2,317 posts
4,201 battles
1 minute ago, Sweetsie said:

problem is people post more than they play.

Now that I haven't seen... Besides how would you know?

[WSU]
Members
75 posts
7,229 battles
9 minutes ago, SwirvinBirds said:

22 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

This. Salt is justified, but only in very rare instances like those said in above examples.

I can not begin to tell you all how many games start with some db "expert" telling where/how to put my ship 5 seconds into the battle, especially if I'm in a DD. I don't reply cause I already know what will happen. He keeps pointing out my "stupid" DD play and I ignore him. Red team is spotted, he turns broad to get all his hyper-accurate Tirpitz guns shooting at a target from 16km, and gets deleted by red BBs. Then the salty rage starts about how I didn't spot properly or didn't somehow support him and how we're gonna lose cause I'm an idiot DD. I go on to cap a couple and maybe kill a couple all while he's still raging in chat. Battle ends, we win cause I capped/killed, I end up top 3, he ends up bottom 3. I check his stats for fun, 40something% WR, has played 2% games in DD, 98% in BB.

I look forward to this crap every weekend.

• Cool 2

[TMS]
Members
1,742 posts
22,088 battles
16 minutes ago, permanentnoob said:

This. Salt is justified, but only in very rare instances like those said in above examples.

I can not begin to tell you all how many games start with some db "expert" telling where/how to put my ship 5 seconds into the battle, especially if I'm in a DD. I don't reply cause I already know what will happen. He keeps pointing out my "stupid" DD play and I ignore him. Red team is spotted, he turns broad to get all his hyper-accurate Tirpitz guns shooting at a target from 16km, and gets deleted by red BBs. Then the salty rage starts about how I didn't spot properly or didn't somehow support him and how we're gonna lose cause I'm an idiot DD. I go on to cap a couple and maybe kill a couple all while he's still raging in chat. Battle ends, we win cause I capped/killed, I end up top 3, he ends up bottom 3. I check his stats for fun, 40something% WR, has played 2% games in DD, 98% in BB.

I look forward to this crap every weekend.

I had exactly that over the weekend.