Avalon304

[ALL] Improved HSF Yamato and Musashi Camos

10 comments in this topic

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
723 posts
1,792 battles

Sime mod here to improve the looks of the HSF camos for both Yamato and Musashi to make them look more accurate to the show.

This is what the HSF Yamato camo currently looks like:

Spoiler

5gYG2nJ.jpg

This is what it looked like in the show:

Spoiler

1us9Qm1.png

and this is what it looks like with this mod:

Spoiler

IHuyVZO.jpg

And here is what Musashi looks like:

Spoiler

8e4t7PS.jpg

Download here.

• Cool 3

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
723 posts
1,792 battles

Download updated to GitHub. Nothing else has changed, but there is also a preview of Musashi as well. So thats nice.

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
723 posts
1,792 battles

Update:

Ive darkened the deck colours on both Musashi and Yamato.

Spoiler

4DgPIni.jpg

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,741 posts
3,269 battles

Looking much better now. I really wish they would do anime accurate colour shading and all that. Then we wouldn't need these mods.

~Hunter

[STAR]
Members
1 post
2,908 battles

I was trying to use this skin but the hull part was not being applied only to the weapons and AAs. so I started looking at the files and noticed that it lacked the textures folder before the images. (content -> gameplay -> japan -> ship -> battleship -> and images) then I created the textures folder (content -> gameplay -> japan -> ship -> battleship -> textures -> images) and then the hull part started to work. so for anyone who download the skin and is not working try to do this.

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
723 posts
1,792 battles
On 4/3/2018 at 7:41 AM, NiceBakuretsu said:

I was trying to use this skin but the hull part was not being applied only to the weapons and AAs. so I started looking at the files and noticed that it lacked the textures folder before the images. (content -> gameplay -> japan -> ship -> battleship -> and images) then I created the textures folder (content -> gameplay -> japan -> ship -> battleship -> textures -> images) and then the hull part started to work. so for anyone who download the skin and is not working try to do this.

Fixed. Thanks.

[HINON]
Members
2,580 posts
18,824 battles

Thats super clean I like it a lot. I've always wondered how folks go about skinning the superstructure so the patterns line up with the hull. How do you figure out where in the texture map to paint? 

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
723 posts
1,792 battles
6 hours ago, giovybez said:

Thats super clean I like it a lot. I've always wondered how folks go about skinning the superstructure so the patterns line up with the hull. How do you figure out where in the texture map to paint? 

I just recoloured the existing texture... Wargaming likely has the entire model loded up in the 3D program as they texture and can mess with the UV mapping of the texture to enture that everything lines up as they do the textures.