You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
legozer

Most of the time, your salt isn't salt, it's stupid

26 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
9,013 battles

No one appreciates your salt. Sometimes, albeit rarely, it's justified ("Myoko! Just stay alive for the next three minutes and we will win!" *Myoko instantly leaves island cover and opens fire on a full health NC 11km away, dies predictably. Much salt ensues, most of it justified, and perhaps, hilarious) but for the most part, it's just you and your stupid opinions that no one wants to hear.

In Ognevoi earlier today, some on our team tried to cap C point, and I forget the map. Reds took it first, and set up defense with a Minotaur, Baltimore and Moskva, while @LittleWhiteMouse harassed our BBs with crazy fast Asashio torpedoes. I, of course, could get no where near this cap without being insta spotted and just as quickly deleted, so I tried my best to get torps on target, and tried to flush-out Mouse as best I could. Our Hipper took a risk and charged in to sink the Baltimore, but ended up sunk shortly after. Some idiot congratulates Hipper for "doing Ognevoi's job", which, I suppose, was taking on three higher tier cruisers (with radar, of course) while being spotted by a DD with superior concealment? Spot, somehow, while being spotted all the while? It made no sense, but nonetheless, the salt spilled freely. LWM put me out of my misery by stripping away the last 3000 or so HP, and I was glad for it, to be honest.

Look, most of the time, your expectations for what other players ought to be doing are:

1. Misinformed. You don't understand the ship, or the circumstances.

2. Too high to be realistic

3. Formed out of frustration with yourself and the team's performance.

4. Stupid.

So, guys, just shut up. Your opinion regarding what someone else should be doing is almost certainly informed by one of the 4 listed factors, and odds are high it's #4. If you want a player to help you out in a specific way, ask. Just don't expect that they will do it, and don't be angry when they don't.

This is what CV drivers experience in 2/3 of the games they play, I'd imagine. No wonder no one wants to drive them anymore.

• Cool 5

Members
411 posts

I agree with you, but the fact of the matter is most people are ignorant and wrapped up in themselves. I’m resigned to this and will only give out suggestions when I’m sunk and can provide information via the Free Cam. They’re going to do what they’re going to do and there is no point investing your emotions in it.

Replying to the opinionated potatoes does no good and gives them the opportunity to vent keyboard-warrior style.

Good luck out there. Randoms are a dangerous place without a division, but can be really beautiful when strangers come together to implent and coordinate a plan.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,229 posts
9,028 battles

You could always have added LWM to Mouse’s Throne of Skulls...

• Cool 1

Members
3,564 posts
6,905 battles

Well this raises an interesting distinction--stupid salt as opposed to witty or clever salt. I like salt in the latter case, so sue me.

This is an aggressive high-pitched battle game that is historically derived (i.e. not a naval sim but not an arcade game either).

Let's not be overly PC and allow for some venting here and there. Trolls are pretty easy to spot. Most are just venting frustration and hello? this game can be super frustrating. Gandhi himself would have put his foot through the screen at times I would wager.... :Smile_izmena:

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
9,013 battles

Most people have stupid opinions, especially the ones that aren't me.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,888 posts
1,338 battles
11 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Well this raises an interesting distinction--stupid salt as opposed to witty or clever salt. I like salt in the latter case, so sue me.

This is an aggressive high-pitched battle game that is historically derived (i.e. not a naval sim but not an arcade game either).

Let's not be overly PC and allow for some venting here and there. Trolls are pretty easy to spot. Most are just venting frustration and hello? this game can be super frustrating. Gandhi himself would have put his foot through the screen at times I would wager.... :Smile_izmena:

Good point.  Friendly advice, or a request, or even something funny passes fine.   A little venting is fine, if you're venting at the situation, rather than someone specific.  You can even call out someone specific if you can be cool about it.  

"Worthless X bla bla bla, go back to tier 1" or "Uninstall the game" or "Go kill yourself" will just get you put on the block list after the match.  I don't have time for that kind of crap.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,200 battles

People that constantly gets salty about "crapteam" should really develop the habit of reviewing replays post match. A lot of potential mistakes are missed while in the heat of the moment.

Edited by NeutralState

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,133 posts
7,662 battles
8 minutes ago, legozer said:

Most people have stupid opinions, especially the ones that aren't me.

Amen to that.

That game was interesting -- at least from my perspective.  I got to watch my allies in the West die all around me while I sat in A-cap, vainly fishing for battleships to target after my initial strike on your team's Kurfürst.  It took him a long time before he decided to come back.  The best that could be said for my contribution was that I held my ground (even though my "speculative navigation" tried really hard to get me perished).  Apparently my team's push up through A-cap was scary enough to drive most of your team mates back until it was too late for them to recover.

[TMS]
Members
1,742 posts
22,088 battles

To often i just don't have time to reply to the dead potatoes to why im doing what i'm doing.

Sometimes i go back to port and they have msg me and then i'll explain if the msg is not full of foul language which sadly most of the time it is and its clear most of the time they have not got a clue about the difference in ship types and capabilities.

The one that made me laugh the most was that my shima has better concealment than a gearing and that i can out gun a full HP Z-52 in my quarter HP shima that has no gun skills at all.

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
9,013 battles
8 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Amen to that.

That game was interesting -- at least from my perspective.  I got to watch my allies in the West die all around me while I sat in A-cap, vainly fishing for battleships to target after my initial strike on your team's Kurfürst.  It took him a long time before he decided to come back.  The best that could be said for my contribution was that I held my ground (even though my "speculative navigation" tried really hard to get me perished).  Apparently my team's push up through A-cap was scary enough to drive most of your team mates back until it was too late for them to recover.

I kept trying to creep in close to spot the Minotaur, and kept getting spotted by you. Even though I knew I was domed in the end, I still realllllly wanted to sink you for that.:etc_swear:

Anyway, the entire loss was my fault somehow. 

Edited by legozer
  • Cool 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,133 posts
7,662 battles
Just now, legozer said:

I kept trying to creep in close to spot the Minotaur, and kept getting spotted by you. Even though I knew I was domed in the end, I still realllllly wanted to sink you for that.:etc_swear:

That's what IJN DDs do best.  I kept as forward as I could, extending range out.  You nearly picked me off with your fish as I was creeping north.    It was only when your Hipper started charging south that everything went south for me.  I tried to reach our Minotaur to keep him alive but he sank before I could deliver smoke.  Then your Hipper was less than 5km off my stern.  He seemed less interested in me and more concerned with my team mates (finally) arriving from B-cap which was wise.  When he was gone, I doubled back to try and put fish into the Kurfürst and there you were.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
9,013 battles
1 minute ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

That's what IJN DDs do best.  I kept as forward as I could, extending range out.  You nearly picked me off with your fish as I was creeping north.    It was only when your Hipper started charging south that everything went south for me.  I tried to reach our Minotaur to keep him alive but he sank before I could deliver smoke.  Then your Hipper was less than 5km off my stern.  He seemed less interested in me and more concerned with my team mates (finally) arriving from B-cap which was wise.  When he was gone, I doubled back to try and put fish into the Kurfürst and there you were.

I was following your torpedoes back to your position. I had done well keeping them spotted for our Kurf. Most of your volleys passed underneath me.

That Hipper did a good job. I sent him a compliment (and lost 2 KP of my own....I was not friendly with the salt monger). 

I went on to have several great games in Ognevoi. Thanks for the spanking.

Members
1,881 posts
9,051 battles
1 hour ago, legozer said:

"Myoko! Just stay alive for the next three minutes and we will win!" *Myoko instantly leaves island cover and opens fire on a full health NC 11km away, dies predictably.

Did you use a premium report on him?

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
9,013 battles

No. I laughed, and asked him why he would do something so dumb. He explained that he was too high to read the chat/understand what was happening, so, that was that.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,888 posts
1,338 battles
2 minutes ago, legozer said:

No. I laughed, and asked him why he would do something so dumb. He explained that he was too high to read the chat/understand what was happening, so, that was that.

At least he was honest. 

Keep in mind that Random Battles is NOT competitive play. It's the bread and butter of WoWS.  Clan Battles are the only real competitive play in WoWS.   You  can pick your team beforehand in Ranked, and if you sync drop, you can do it in Ranked a bit, but I heard they're going to try to break some of that.

If you're offended by someone messing up your pretty stats in Random, you might as well get used to it.  That guy in the Myoko won't be the last.

[NZS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
371 posts
9,080 battles

I rarely stick around to watch how a fight pans out after I die but when I do, I'm usually pretty quiet in the chat unless I can give direct aid like 'I last saw the DD in E6 before the BB nailed me' or something.  If you're just sticking around to berate those left alive, I really have little patience for you.  You've died, your ability to meaningfully contribute largely went under with your ship. 

Hit the MM again with a fresh ship if you still want to play (as I often do) or call it a night if you feel the exasperation creeping up on you.  The negative karma hits are deserved when the sarcasm comes out in a firehose near the end...

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,888 posts
1,338 battles

Yeah, if you're going to stick around when you die, be nice about it.  Either be quiet, or try to be helpful.  If you're just going to whine or rage, leave the game, and either get another battle, or get another game.  

[TMS]
Members
1,742 posts
22,088 battles

We all win and lose in  all games but i think what gets people the most in this game is how many losses or even wins are just down to stupidity.

And not that both sides played well but they just played better.

Edited by Final8ty

[RKN]
Members
1,425 posts
12,234 battles
1 hour ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

witty or clever salt. I like salt in the latter case, so sue me.

But do you like classic predictable Keasty?

ezdypvu.png

• Funny 1

[XBRTC]
Members
148 posts
7,442 battles
14 hours ago, Panzerlin said:

Hit the MM again with a fresh ship if you still want to play (as I often do) or call it a night if you feel the exasperation creeping up on you.  The negative karma hits are deserved when the sarcasm comes out in a firehose near the end...

This is good advice, particularly if you've had a rough stretch. Change tiers, change ship type, change battle type and have a clean match to refresh yourself.

[TOG]
Members
2,489 posts
15,057 battles

Heh, reminds me of a match yesterday with players in division. T7 with the haven map. Standard mission. I explained to them the following:

1. Play defensively.

2. Do not over extend  and be too far to defend the base

3. Do not lemming to their base until we have at least a 3 ship advantage over them.

And guess what happened? They ignored everyone of my cautions and led a lemming charge on the north the west side to the red base and leaving just a CA (me), a BB and dd to defend the other side. And predictably enough 4 BB's showed up on our side. We beat feet and called for help. Leaving just the two clan mates alone at their base. Where they died in short order. One of them got salty and complained why everyone left him. I explained they turned around to defend the base. He said he never heard it. I chose not to say anything. He quit the division after that. *Shrug*

Lime LHM said, you got 12 different players with 12 different mindsets on your tm. So folks what to do their own thing and expect everyone else to support them. No use on tears if they can't (or won't) figure out what went wrong).

[TOG]
Members
2,489 posts
15,057 battles
Just now, SteveStevenson said:

This is good advice, particularly if you've had a rough stretch. Change tiers, change ship type, change battle type and have a clean match to refresh yourself.

I normally go to my Perth for that.

• Cool 1

[XBRTC]
Members
148 posts
7,442 battles
5 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

I normally go to my Perth for that.

A go-to ship for fun times is always a good idea. It used to be Tirpitz for me, but I think now it's the Arkansas Beta since they improved the secondary battery so noticeably.