You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HorrorRoach

FPS jitterbug fix?

7 comments in this topic

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
918 posts
5,945 battles

I turned off "soft particles." It seems to have fixed the problem, can others try and tell people in game if it works? I don't think it's a serverside problem.

[NASTY]
[NASTY]
Members
140 posts
11,184 battles

Will try when I get home from work in a couple hours I for one really hope that fixes it because was unplayable today for me.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,462 posts
2,405 battles

Thanks.  I'll give it a try.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,419 posts
7,445 battles
7 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

switching to dx 9 works too, and you can leave graphics to max.

It's not the switching to DX9 that makes the difference, it's the fact that the game restarts when you switch. Your issues will come back after a while of playing.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,176 battles
3 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

It's not the switching to DX9 that makes the difference, it's the fact that the game restarts when you switch. Your issues will come back after a while of playing.

switched to dx9 friday night, have not noticed drops since.

[CASUL]
Members
255 posts
3,575 battles

Switching to DX9 is a temporary fix. After enough games in a row it'll chop again.

I run the game at max settings. With soft particles turned on, the game will start to chop pretty quickly with DX11. On DX9, the game can run longer but it too eventually chops. Turning off soft particles, I played a whole series of games without any problems. My guess is that some aspect of the new water effects are using soft particles and there's a bug (likely some sort of allocation issue).