You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

Ever Ended Up Winning a Game But Have No Idea How It Happened?

19 comments in this topic

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,200 battles

Things are going really intense, ships are sinking left and right. Then after the melee your team somehow comes out on top and process to win the match. Then you feel kinda like this: 

• Funny 3

[SYN]
Members
4,550 posts
11,437 battles

Lol, yep.

Looks at the post battle results.

"Wait.  We WON?!?!"  :Smile_amazed:

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,400 battles

Sometimes, when you have one cap and the enemy has two and they attack one by one into the corner your team has gotten in to and they throw their ships away.  Huddling into a corner is like 4d badplay.

Members
3,564 posts
6,905 battles

It's called luck, happenstance, serendipity... I mean x% of battles you can sit afk AND WIN.

• Cool 1

Members
182 posts
728 battles

Ive been in a battle we was winning strongly and had around 7 friendly ships left and almost the end of the battle so i decided to go in strong and take some enemy ships out before the end.

I got into a bad situation and looked for some support.

There was 1 friendly left he died i died we lost the battle i never realised it had gone so wrong so fast.

Members
4,590 posts
6,543 battles

You can be way ahead and a sneaky DD gets on your cap and all are too far away to stop it.  Happens all the time. 

Members
3,564 posts
6,905 battles
1 minute ago, francesabyss said:

Ive been in a battle we was winning strongly and had around 7 friendly ships left and almost the end of the battle so i decided to go in strong and take some enemy ships out before the end.

I got into a bad situation and looked for some support.

There was 1 friendly left he died i died we lost the battle i never realised it had gone so wrong so fast.

If the battle was lost anyway then you did the right thing--yolo without the help of this lamer team and take as many with you as you can. No need to make excuses for that!

But if you went at that before it was clearly a lost battle, then bad on you.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,895 posts
1,338 battles
15 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Lol, yep.

Looks at the post battle results.

"Wait.  We WON?!?!"  :Smile_amazed:

Not only that...I was SECOND? wth?

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
1,154 posts
6,040 battles
9 minutes ago, dmckay said:

You can be way ahead and a sneaky DD gets on your cap and all are too far away to stop it.  Happens all the time. 

oooh, this is SO TRUE

Members
4,590 posts
6,543 battles
3 minutes ago, Cruiser_SanJuan said:

oooh, this is SO TRUE

Happens lots. Yup.  Part of the game. Very depressing when your team is nicely ahead and gets capped in this way. There are DDs captains that cultivate this kinda thing and are good at it. Sneaky guys but it's fair and I give em credit for it. Especially if they are on my team. 

[RLGN]
Members
8,309 posts
17,365 battles
18 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Sometimes it’s just a Clueless Cleveland...

Basically sailed from our spawn to the Red’s cap by a mildly roundabout route.

Didn’t do much, wasn’t spotted much...

’Hey look, the cap is open... la-de-da...’

’Wut?!? Everyone’s dead but me...?!?’

Victory jingle.

‘WUT x inf...???

Total contribution in what was also my first Solo Warrior?

One shell hit on a destroyer, and 12 planes shot down in the Red Ryujo’s desperate attempt to reset the cap.

• Cool 1

Members
2,487 posts
2,344 battles

Sea of Fortune. Everyone unusually rushes into the caps, game ends in a quick few minutes and my team happened to be the one with the better shots. I just barely took B cap and went, "Did taking B somehow win us the game or something?". 

Members
3,564 posts
6,905 battles
10 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I never know how I win...

How honest! +1 doggie good boy!

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,200 battles
15 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I never know how I win...

That's a blessing. You don't want to over analyze every match. Ending up ruining the game.

[ARMDG]
Members
17 posts
1,872 battles

I had one yesterday which completely caught me by surprise. Didn't have a single second to pay attention to much as was in the New Orleans playing anti-DD support to our BBs - we crushed one flank 2 caps a side - we are 6 ships up, and had a whole host of ships encounter 5 of their BBs - suddenly a guy in a Richelieu rams a full health Missouri and everything switches - we lose all our other ships but manage to take out a couple of BBs - but looking grim at 2 vs 6 of them - I manage to catch a Neptune with my last radar - land a bunch of cits - he flees and then tries to ambush me, hides in smoke - managed to follow his progression into smoke as he grounds - land a kill, then notice my ally is dead, see an Algerie about to go out of LOS and snap a shot off with my rear turret - double citadel kill - and the game freezes and I'm thinking oh crap how did we lose this from where we were - and then realize its the victory screen. Wasn't a great game, but I guess RNG loved me at the right time for a change. The number of times It happens due to the run out of points unexpected win/loss is also pretty surprising. 

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,200 battles
5 minutes ago, Xebadir said:

I had one yesterday which completely caught me by surprise. Didn't have a single second to pay attention to much as was in the New Orleans playing anti-DD support to our BBs - we crushed one flank 2 caps a side - we are 6 ships up, and had a whole host of ships encounter 5 of their BBs - suddenly a guy in a Richelieu rams a full health Missouri and everything switches - we lose all our other ships but manage to take out a couple of BBs - but looking grim at 2 vs 6 of them - I manage to catch a Neptune with my last radar - land a bunch of cits - he flees and then tries to ambush me, hides in smoke - managed to follow his progression into smoke as he grounds - land a kill, then notice my ally is dead, see an Algerie about to go out of LOS and snap a shot off with my rear turret - double citadel kill - and the game freezes and I'm thinking oh crap how did we lose this from where we were - and then realize its the victory screen. Wasn't a great game, but I guess RNG loved me at the right time for a change. The number of times It happens due to the run out of points unexpected win/loss is also pretty surprising. 

Luck is a VITAL part of skill bruh.

[ARMDG]
Members
17 posts
1,872 battles

Agree. I claim no skill. In fact I claim anti-skill (i.e. skilled in the lack of skill) given my profile so far and am only just starting to string together decent matches (Jianwei is just horrible - will be glad to be past it). 

Edited by Xebadir

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,200 battles
7 minutes ago, Xebadir said:

Agree. I claim no skill. In fact I claim anti-skill (i.e. skilled in the lack of skill) given my profile so far and am only just starting to string together decent matches (Jianwei is just horrible - will be glad to be past it). 

Image result for anti skillImage result for wink

Edited by NeutralState