Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Montana says 'hi!'

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

24,609
[HINON]
Supertester
20,186 posts
13,636 battles

While testing armor models and T10 BB citadels vs Des Moines AP this happened:

FsBYJpP.jpg

"Hi!"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
321
[TBOW]
Members
1,604 posts
11,663 battles

Okay Lert I will bite, what happenned next?  I have my bag of popcorn...:Smile_popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
176
[B2P]
Members
565 posts
15,250 battles

Hmmm, that's weird.  Have always seen all the guns raise or lower in unison.  Probably a graphical glitch of some kind, but kinda cool in a way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,609
[HINON]
Supertester
20,186 posts
13,636 battles
3 minutes ago, gcangel82 said:

Okay Lert I will bite, what happenned next?  I have my bag of popcorn...:Smile_popcorn:

Next I fired a few more salvos and it sank.

Just now, DreadRaybo said:

Probably a graphical glitch of some kind, but kinda cool in a way.

Nope. Destroyed turrets. Repeated hits from stray AP into the side of the turrets disabled them, then killed them. That Montana has no functioning turrets anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
452
[-AA-]
Members
1,754 posts
6,667 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Next I fired a few more salvos and it sank.

Nope. Destroyed turrets. Repeated hits from stray AP into the side of the turrets disabled them, then killed them. That Montana has no functioning turrets anymore.

No wonder you have the picture of a cat... Playing with your food! @$$hol3!!!

:Smile_smile:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,588
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,334 posts
11,284 battles

It would be nice if there were a couple of models for destroyed turrets, perhaps even ones with the barrels shot away. If you do ever take 2 turrets destroyed it's pretty jarring that they look destroyed in exactly the same way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,609
[HINON]
Supertester
20,186 posts
13,636 battles
6 minutes ago, mofton said:

It would be nice if there were a couple of models for destroyed turrets, perhaps even ones with the barrels shot away. If you do ever take 2 turrets destroyed it's pretty jarring that they look destroyed in exactly the same way.

That'd be nice. Personally though I'd rather that if a ship has taken a serious hit to the superstructure that masts would fall over, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,633
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,073 posts
16,435 battles

I had a match yesterday where a Montana of my team did indeed say, "Hi!" to a once, near full HP Henri IV.

OUItIT0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,497
Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I had a match yesterday where a Montana of my team did indeed say, "Hi!" to a once, near full HP Henri IV.

OUItIT0.jpg

We call that "sending a friend request". :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
254
[CAST]
Members
1,444 posts
7,924 battles

I received a friend request from a Montana today.  Blap!  Near full health to zero in one shot.  So I sent a confirmation to confirm our friendship in the form of "Its just a flesh wound" from my Neptune torps.  

Interesting seeing all 4 turrets on the Montana with the center guns pointed up.  How many shots did it take to damage the 4 turrets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,633
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,073 posts
16,435 battles
42 minutes ago, Grizley said:

We call that "sending a friend request". :Smile_trollface:

I looked up that Henri IV player after the match, he was actually really good with it.  But... High Tier, you make a mistake, don't be surprised if you don't get a second chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108
[NZS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
389 posts
9,696 battles

Huh, well ain't that a thing. 

I heard of a Minotaur knocking out a Yamato turret in live battle before.  I'm surprised you killed all those turrets but I suspect it wouldn't happen if it were fighting back. :cap_look:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,497
Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
9 minutes ago, Panzerlin said:

Huh, well ain't that a thing. 

I heard of a Minotaur knocking out a Yamato turret in live battle before.  I'm surprised you killed all those turrets but I suspect it wouldn't happen if it were fighting back. :cap_look:

 

All it takes is shooting the side of the turret.  If the BB isn't paying attention it can happen pretty easily.  Two pens = dead turret.  In a Des Moines that's you having your guns facing anything but the Des Moines for 5.5 seconds.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×