You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

Sweet Mother of GOD!

28 comments in this topic

[YORHA]
Members
3,353 posts

I just upgraded from a 10 year old, 24 inch budget monitor to a 28 inch Asus HD monitor.

This game is Beeeeeeeeautiful!  The detail, the lighting, the colours... everything.  I am absolutely blown away!

Just amazing!

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles
21 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

screenshots?

:cap_wander:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,691 posts
9,098 battles

I have been on this 24" ViewSonic coming on six years now. I am planning on getting a 27-28" monitor soon and put the 24" into second monitor duty as it still looks good.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,364 posts
12,196 battles

It is nice when you have a monitor that allows you to crank up the resolution. I actually play on my LG ultrawide monitor with 21:9 aspect ratio and 2560 x 1080 resolution. Not a true gaming monitor but I am impressed with how nice the game looks.

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles

Myself, I recently went from an outdated non-gaming laptop, to alienware desktop with 25 inch gaming screen and Bose surround sound system with sub woofer and all...  Game runs at 240fps with maximum settings and ultra quality sound, it looks and sounds, for the lack of a better word, awesome.

[YORHA]
Members
3,353 posts
1 hour ago, tcbaker777 said:

screenshots?

The problem with posting screenshots is you are viewing them on your monitor so, if it's a great one, you already know what I am talking about and if it's a poor one you won't be able to tell anyway.

[-TKS-]
Members
303 posts
6,052 battles

i have to try this i guess . i have a old dell 27" but went from a really old  pc to a new one and graphics went from meh to meh+ . 

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
460 posts
19,040 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

I have been on this 24" ViewSonic coming on six years now. I am planning on getting a 27-28" monitor soon and put the 24" into second monitor duty as it still looks good.

If you're planning on going 27-28, I'd recommend going with a 2k monitor. If you want to go 4k, get a 32+

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,691 posts
9,098 battles
4 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

If you're planning on going 27-28, I'd recommend going with a 2k monitor. If you want to go 4k, get a 32+

I am not ready for 4K even as a single monitor, I am on a GTX 760.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

I moved from a 46" LCD 1080P Samsung television to a 35" asus  ultra wide. I thought I'd miss all the screen but good lord it has been life changing. 

Glad to hear you were able to join the visual orgasm club op!

Edited by Gascan75

[PSP]
Members
6,330 posts
8,954 battles
2 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

screenshots?

You do realize why that is funny don't you?

[WOLF5]
Members
460 posts
19,040 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I am not ready for 4K even as a single monitor, I am on a GTX 760.

The chipset will handle 4k and up to 4 monitors provided you have enough vram on the card. If you've got 4 gig on the video card, you should be able to run 4k without any issues. If you don't run games/apps that need serious Antialiasing (and WG stuff doesn't), you could run a single 4k monitor (and likely just a single 4k and 1080 max) with 2gb. Keep in mind, to run beyond 2018x1536, you MUST use the digital links. 

[5IN]
Members
1,792 posts
8,149 battles

I'm running on a 10yr old GTX260 (albeit with a very nice wide screen display). 

Still kicking myself for not buying a new GPU before the cryptominers ruined the market.  I kept telling myself prices would go down and waited too long.  

B

[PSP]
Members
6,330 posts
8,954 battles
16 minutes ago, bassmasta76 said:

I kept telling myself prices would go down and waited too long.  

The exact same make and model of video card that I installed in my system eight years ago is $40 more than I paid at the time.

[P2W]
Members
720 posts
42 minutes ago, bassmasta76 said:

Still kicking myself for not buying a new GPU before the cryptominers ruined the market.  I kept telling myself prices would go down and waited too long.  

B

Well that price may be dropping soon as there is only a limited amount of bitcoin to mine and it's almost out.

Once all Bitcoin is mined the only use of having a computer for bitcoin is verifying transactions in the blockchain.

On top of that if you do want to jump in on it with your own hardware a gpu doesn't cut it anymore.

It will work , but for the bitcoin that is mined with it will be less than your energy cost.

Edited by DESRON10

[PSP]
Members
6,330 posts
8,954 battles
1 minute ago, DESRON10 said:

It will work , but for the bitcoin that is mined with it will be less than your energy cost.

Fads oftentimes run up the prices of goods and services beyond their true market value. Gem diamonds are a prime example.

There is an interesting story written many decades ago about a group of bank robbers who stole a fortune in diamonds and then had themselves suspended in cryosleep for several hundred years until everyone had forgotten about the theft. When they awoke, the lush forest had transformed into desert and all but one of the criminals died crossing it. The last reached some people but  then himself died of thirst when they refused to exchange his worthless diamonds for their precious water. 

[5IN]
Members
1,792 posts
8,149 battles
11 minutes ago, DESRON10 said:

Well that price may be dropping soon as there is only a limited amount of bitcoin to mine and it's almost out.

Once all Bitcoin is mined the only use of having a computer for bitcoin is verifying transactions in the blockchain.

On top of that if you do want to jump in on it with your own hardware a gpu doesn't cut it anymore.

Honestly, I'm not the least bit interested in bitcoins... I just want a better GPU that doesn't cost a fortune :Smile_teethhappy:.

Even low-end 950s and 1050s are inflated.  Im aiming for a 1070...if they get back closer to MSRP.

B

[PSP]
Members
6,330 posts
8,954 battles

Do you remember when hard drive prices went through the roof because of the flood at the Western Digital plant? Now, mechanical hard drives are going for $30 a terabyte. Eggs did something similar with the bird flu a couple of years ago.  Then, when all the new chickens got to laying size they were fifty cents a dozen until the market stabilized. I know lots of people who bought chickens to raise, and now spend more on feed for them than the eggs are worth.

If you don't absolutely need a computer component then don't buy it. The market is driven mainly by desire, not need. I build to the sweet spot of price versus performance and generally get ten years out of a system before it needs replaced. Of course, I don't try to play the latest and greatest games on ultra settings either. Remember that the people developing and coding the games are working on high-end workstations that are way beyond the price that the average consumer is willing to pay. The newest games will always tax the limits of consumer hardware if set on their ultimate settings.   

Edited by Snargfargle

[WOLF3]
Members
6,480 posts
2,430 battles

I needed to replace my huge 19" CRT because it was crushing my computer table, so set out after a 27" (typically 16:9) screen.  After mocking one up on me computer table I realized that the thing is REALLY WIDE.  So instead I went for a 24" Asus 16:10 monitor.  1920x1200 resolution which is true to the screen aspect ratio and displays text without the distortion of 1920x1080.  Very happy with it, though it cost extra.

[5IN]
Members
1,792 posts
8,149 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Do you remember when hard drive prices went through the roof because of the flood at the Western Digital plant? Now, mechanical hard drives are going for $30 a terabyte. Eggs did something similar with the bird flu a couple of years ago.  Then, when all the new chickens got to laying size they were fifty cents a dozen until the market stabilized. I know lots of people who bought chickens to raise, and now spend more on feed for them than the eggs are worth.

If you don't absolutely need a computer component then don't buy it. The market is driven mainly by desire, not need. I build to the sweet spot of price versus performance and generally get ten years out of a system before it needs replaced. Of course, I don't try to play the latest and greatest games on ultra settings either. Remember that the people developing and coding the games are working on high-end workstations that are way beyond the price that the average consumer is willing to pay. The newest games will always tax the limits of consumer hardware if set on their ultimate settings.   

Lol, aside from videos, I've never seen WoWs on the highest graphics settings. .. some day.  Actually my drive for a new GPU is I need DX11 support for some games I bought.  

B

[YORHA]
Members
3,353 posts
On 3/5/2018 at 10:58 PM, bassmasta76 said:

Honestly, I'm not the least bit interested in bitcoins... I just want a better GPU that doesn't cost a fortune :Smile_teethhappy:.

Even low-end 950s and 1050s are inflated.  Im aiming for a 1070...if they get back closer to MSRP.

B

1070 is a beautiful card.  Running WOWs on absolute max settings on the new monitor and not a hiccup.  Paid $625 CDN for it and do not regret it for a second.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,691 posts
9,098 battles
On 3/5/2018 at 7:53 PM, h9k_a said:

The chipset will handle 4k and up to 4 monitors provided you have enough vram on the card. If you've got 4 gig on the video card, you should be able to run 4k without any issues. If you don't run games/apps that need serious Antialiasing (and WG stuff doesn't), you could run a single 4k monitor (and likely just a single 4k and 1080 max) with 2gb. Keep in mind, to run beyond 2018x1536, you MUST use the digital links. 

It is only a 2GB card, got it several years ago as an upgrade from a 650. Besides there are too many games and other programs that don't support 4K that I don't feel it is worth the jump yet.

On 3/5/2018 at 8:02 PM, bassmasta76 said:

B

Mid range cards are still relatively reasonably priced but if you want a top end 1070 you better plan of mortgaging the house and selling the first born.