Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

Cyclone/Storm Make Them Have More Impact

6 comments in this topic

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles

WG is probably working on remaking the cyclone mechanic, judging by the new weather front feature in Hermes. 

Storm weather areas should block air spotting from all air craft types on top of reduced spotting in general. Since weather fronts can move now, maps probably should have them moving randomly or appear at set places at certain intervals, during a match. The change allows ships to use them as cover from forever hovering aircrafts. Making the game more dynamic and solves one of the fundamental problems that makes CV OP. 

[WOLF2]
Members
76 posts
6,598 battles

Not sure how hard that would be to program in, but yes, no fly zone in the thunderstorm, would be awesome. 

[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles

I've played one battle in the new Hermes operation.  (Have to try it again tonight if it's still live.)  And the graphics bogged down even my rather powerful laptop a bit.  I absolutely loved how the storm looked though.  I also loved how the Hermes map's sky looked even after the storm had passed.  it was nice to have a map where there was dark, heavy cloud cover.  And if WG did nothing else with cyclones, simply adding dark, heavy clouds to the "skybox" would greatly improve the immersion of the cyclone effect.

[NZS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
370 posts
9,055 battles

I'm all for new types of effects to jumble up the standard conditions.  Just don't throw OP Bastion Forts at us again.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles
5 minutes ago, Panzerlin said:

I'm all for new types of effects to jumble up the standard conditions.  Just don't throw OP Bastion Forts at us again.

WG missed the boat with the fort designs.

Instead of huge damage out put each forts should provide other advantages. For example, vision is good, which was in game. There are also other possibilities, for example, Jamming Station - disables RDF till captured/destroyed, or Supply Base - slightly boost survivability of the team occupying it. The fort's bonuses can even be able to compound on themselves, so making capturing the forts extremely important.

[NZS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
370 posts
9,055 battles
16 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

WG missed the boat with the fort designs.

Instead of huge damage out put each forts should provide other advantages. For example, vision is good, which was in game. There are also other possibilities, for example, Jamming Station - disables RDF till captured/destroyed, or Supply Base - slightly boost survivability of the team occupying it. The fort's bonuses can even be able to compound on themselves, so making capturing the forts extremely important.

More supertesting on these things, bring in a CC pass.  Refine and time the release.  I like domination matches but I'd like other types in the game.  Hence why when cyclones actually hit a match I'm in, I get a bit happy because it shuffles the routine.

Sign in to follow this