You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Preteen

Reformed unicum disregards stats and plays for fun.

100 comments in this topic

[SEP]
Members
3,723 posts
14,979 battles

During my whole WoWs career people kept telling me "you have to be unicum to gain respect" and"maintain your stats or you will lose your allies" but this just burns you out and sucks the fun out of the game.

I'm done. I started playing purely for fun a month ago and I feel reborn. I stopped playing tier 10 and dropped to mid tier (I feel like the best players play tier 5-7) and WoW, what a change. No more bow-in camping meta, no more passive teams.. people there sure know how to have a good time.

No more 3-man division stat pad seal clubbing (this is how we unicums usually get purple stats).

No more salt and rage.

No more broken hardware.

No more stress.

Are my my stats dropping? yes

Is my win rate going down the drain?  [edited]  yes

Do I care? A bit maybe, but it is temporary I bet you that.

What I really want to say is: just play for fun and ignore stats, at the end of the day it is the only thing that matters.

p.s we have an amazing comunity, keep it that way brehs

• Cool 46
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 2

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, m373x said:

During my whole WoWs career people kept telling me "you have to be unicum to gain respect" and"maintain your stats or you will lose your allies" but this just burns you out and sucks the fun out of the game.

I'm done. I started playing purely for fun a month ago and I feel reborn. I stopped playing tier 10 and dropped to mid tier (I feel like the best players play tier 5-7) and WoW, what a change. No more bow-in camping meta, no more passive teams.. people there sure know how to have a good time.

No more 3-man division stat pad seal clubbing (this is how we unicums usually get purple stats).

No more salt and rage.

No more broken hardware.

No more stress.

What I really want to say is: just play for fun and ignore stats, at the end of the day it is the only thing that matters.

Get ready for the Stat [edited] to march into your thread.

[DAY]
Members
1,179 posts
11,719 battles

why force yourself to play ships you dont like to begin with.....

play what you enjoy, let the stats work itself out

padded unicum is fake unicum

• Cool 3

[SEP]
Members
3,723 posts
14,979 battles
5 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Get ready for the Stat [edited] to march into your thread.

Stat shaming is disgusting practice. Ignore the haters.

Edited by m373x
  • Cool 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,233 battles
10 minutes ago, m373x said:

No more salt and rage.

No more broken hardware.

No more stress.

Tier 10 is the worst, I'm of the opinion that you are actually one tier higher than you should be. t5-7 is nice, but the players that need the most help are in T4, right before they leave protected matchmaking. I believe that we should go and show those guys the ropes and how ships like the Clemson, Orion, Yubari, Svietlana, Izyaslav and Nikolai work. It could be a way to give back, like, a lot, to the community. I applaud your endeavours!!

Obviously divisions should be abolished from the game to prevent anyone be unfairly better than anyone else. Friendship should not trump equality ever.

We need some inland waterways maps to start to bring the salt levels back to acceptable levels

Edited by Ducky_shot

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles

The "skill set" that helps performance in this game is really just a matter of habit rather than deliberate vigilance. Something as trivial as looking at the minimap every few seconds is enough to drastically increase performance.

The point is that, after you played the game "correctly" for so long. Even not actively thinking about doing "the right thing" will not impact your stats much, because the things that need to be done are already habit to you. From discipline to habit then to instinct. Unicums really do what they do at a more instinctual level. 

The only stats "try hards" that are truly "try hards" are the ones that won't play the game in random without a fully researched, flagged, and premium equipped ships. That kind of people are really rare, if exists at all.

Edited by NeutralState
  • Cool 2

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles
12 minutes ago, m373x said:

No more salt and rage.

No more broken hardware.

No more stress.

only took you 10k match to figure this out?    congrats.   never too late. :cap_yes:

Best tier is t3 with st louis or bogatyr to train seals  

Edited by centarina
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,933 posts
7,508 battles
8 minutes ago, m373x said:

No more salt and rage.

No more broken hardware.

No more stress.

I deleted all the stat sites from my bookmarks a week ago, started playing what worked for me, and just like that, 300% improvement, for me. I stopped worrying, and just PLAYED, and ended yesterday with my best 3 game stretch ever, and my 3 of my best games, including my best.

I was dangerously close to burnout, so I completely changed how I see, and play, this game.

It's a game, play it FOR you, YOUR way, and just learn to ignore the elites who say theirs is the only way. It isn't, as you've proven, I've proven, virtually everyone I know has proven. Once you adjust to the changes, your WR will go up again, it's temporary.

• Cool 3

[OPG]
Members
3,970 posts
5,672 battles
26 minutes ago, m373x said:

No more salt and rage.

No more broken hardware.

No more stress.

YxhCJAR.jpg

Over the past month over 75% of your battles have been played in a division, roughly half of which being a 3 man division, you have an average Tier of 8.8, 9.2 if you count the 200+ battles in a three man division, and your overall win rate over the past month is 74%, which is significantly higher than your all time wine rate, all the while your WTR has continued increasing as well.  

Most impressive for a player with tanking stats who has stopped playing Tier 10 and using three man divisions.  :Smile-_tongue:

Edited by yashma
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 2

[NDA]
Supertester
4,841 posts
13,799 battles

I applaud your new found enlightenment and even encourage people to embrace this way of thinking. Play the game, enjoy the game, be willing to sink, get a new ship so you can play again. But to truly reach the lofty highest of "I just play for fun" nirvana you must reject the evil that is clans. Throw off the clan drama, the fighting between clans and live a solitary peaceful life of blowing ships up for fun. Reject the incentives and bonuses the clans offer that only increase your silver and gold stock piles but corrupt the soul.   

Play for fun and play alone to truly reach the perfect peaceful potato life. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles

I have been playing for fun since the start, and after spending a lot of time at T9/T10 I am slowly starting to gravitate towards tier 7.

[SEP]
Members
3,723 posts
14,979 battles
10 minutes ago, yashma said:

Over the past month over 75% of your battles have been played in a division, roughly half of which being a 3 man division, you have an average Tier of 8.8, 9.2 if you count the 200+ battles in a three man division, and your overall win rate over the past month is 74%, which is significantly higher than your all time wine rate, all the while your WTR has continued increasing as well.  

Most impressive for a player with tanking stats who has stopped playing Tier 10 and using three man divisions.  :Smile-_tongue:

Another guy who focuses on stats and can't stop talking about WR and WTR all the time. wow. just wow..... It is about mentality, breh. You will learn one day.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[OPG]
Members
3,970 posts
5,672 battles
Just now, m373x said:

Another guy who focuses on stats and can't stop talking about WR and WTR all the time. wow. just wow..... It is about mentality, breh. You will learn one day.

Nah, I just sense a troll thread and wanted to alert the good people of these forums to take it with a gain of salt.  If you did decide to start playing for fun and stop caring about your stats, more power to you...but the numbers don't support many of your claims. 

• Cool 3

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,233 battles
15 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

I applaud your new found enlightenment and even encourage people to embrace this way of thinking. Play the game, enjoy the game, be willing to sink, get a new ship so you can play again. But to truly reach the lofty highest of "I just play for fun" nirvana you must reject the evil that is clans. Throw off the clan drama, the fighting between clans and live a solitary peaceful life of blowing ships up for fun. Reject the incentives and bonuses the clans offer that only increase your silver and gold stock piles but corrupt the soul.   

Play for fun and play alone to truly reach the perfect peaceful potato life. 

I've always said that that SeaBear fella is onto something being on his own. Now I truly recognize what you are saying.

I would like to join you on that quest. Should we found a like-minded group of us to proselytize that belief to potatoes and unicums alike?

[-BRS-]
Members
1,631 posts
13,589 battles

That's the only way to play a game is for fun otherwise it's work

And I already have a job:cap_yes:

• Cool 3

[NDA]
Supertester
4,841 posts
13,799 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

I've always said that that SeaBear fella is onto something being on his own. Now I truly recognize what you are saying.

I would like to join you on that quest. Should we found a like-minded group of us to proselytize that belief to potatoes and unicums alike?

I have begun to think it would be feasible to create a group of like minded players who have nothing to do with one another. We won't have a Teamspeak or a Discord. We won't gather to do clan battles. We might have a "clan" just so people know we are players who don't play together but focus on playing the game solo. The clan tag would be [CWCA] for Clan Without a Cool Acronym. We would not invite players but only except the players who find us after reaching solo warrior enlightenment, you would also have to have a Solo Warrior Medal as proof of your enlightenment. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
448 posts
7,474 battles

Good for the OP,  but I'd like to point out that it is not necessarily a binary choice - you don't have to choose between paying attention to stats and having fun.  It's perfectly possible to embrace both.

(as an aside I personally don't understand anyone playing a game they don't find fun. /boggle)

There are plenty of players out there, I assume, that have fun with a stat-focused gaming style.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
52 minutes ago, m373x said:

No more salt and rage.

No more broken hardware.

No more stress.

Welcome to the only way to play.

[SEP]
Members
3,723 posts
14,979 battles
13 minutes ago, yashma said:

Nah, I just sense a troll thread and wanted to alert the good people of these forums to take it with a gain of salt.  If you did decide to start playing for fun and stop caring about your stats, more power to you...but the numbers don't support many of your claims. 

Just because I started playing for fun doesn't mean that I suddenly lost all my friends or become horrible at the game. just went and checked for the first time in weeks: 6.9 solo avg tier today, had a lot of fun while hitting over 1800. *shrug*

Spoiler

39q29du.jpg?1

5 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

I have begun to think it would be feasible to create a group of like minded players who have nothing to do with one another. We won't have a Teamspeak or a Discord. We won't gather to do clan battles. We might have a "clan" just so people know we are players who don't play together but focus on playing the game solo. The clan tag would be [CWCA] for Clan Without a Cool Acronym. We would not invite players but only except the players who find us after reaching solo warrior enlightenment, you would also have to have a Solo Warrior Medal as proof of your enlightenment. 

Don't lead us and we will follow.

Edited by m373x
  • Funny 1

[ZNAVY]
[ZNAVY]
Members
249 posts
7,103 battles

Unicum player decides to troll and club at mid tiers because nine and ten wins are a lot work is what this kinda sounds like.....just saying.  But good for you to start enjoying the game more;  that I really do appreciate.

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,143 posts
6,487 battles

You're almost there brah.  The next step is just to join the matches and gently cheer your team along in the spirit of camaraderie and love to greater and greater achievements.  Honestly this is more useful than even getting a kill or doing damage to the other team.  Teamwork is the best!

• Cool 1

Members
1,835 posts
17,651 battles
18 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

[CWCA] for Clan Without a Cool Acronym

[CWCA] Clan Without a Cool Acronym...that's a cool acronym :-)

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos