Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

IFHE worth it on Prinz Eigen

13 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles

Trying out Prinz Eugen again in anticipation of the upcoming buff.  Has anybody tried IFHE on this ship?  Is it worthwhile?

[_ARP_]
Supertester
11,944 posts
3,934 battles

IFHE is not really useful on German Cruisers since they already get 1/4 pen by default.

Edited by Goose21891
  • Cool 1

[-VT-]
Members
337 posts
6,659 battles
2 minutes ago, Goose21891 said:

IFHE is not really useful on 203mm guns.

Plus the Prinz Eugen comes with built in IFHE anyways.

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,400 battles

The benefits of IFHE (especially for 4 pts) is minimal on 203s.  German cruisers get better HE pen than everyone else anyway so it's basically built-in.

e: better than other cruiser lines, German and UK BB get the same calculation for HE pen

Edited by Deviathan

[DAY]
Members
1,178 posts
11,705 battles

nope

the only threshold you surpass is yamato's mid section deck i think 

totally not worth it

Edited by jason199506

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

save your Skill Points for other choices IFHE isn't recommended for above 152mm and never on KM ships. 

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

I thought this thread was about that old Clint Eastwood Movie "The Eigen Sanction"

[DAY]
Members
1,178 posts
11,705 battles
5 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

save your Skill Points for other choices IFHE isn't recommended for above 152mm and never on KM ships. 

i recommend it on dmitri donskoi 180mm

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
211 posts
4,750 battles
1 hour ago, GhostSwordsman said:

There's an upcoming buff for Eugen?

This post was started a while ago:

It had been mentioned in a Q&A, post is a good read too.

Edit: To actually respond to the topic at hand. (i totally forgot <_>)

Fortunately, no, IFHE is in all honesty worthless on German Cruisers, the 1/4th pen on the HE lets you deal with everything already without affecting your (usually) low HE chance, compared to some other cruisers at least.

Taking AFT on german cruisers past T7 is in my opinion the way to go, well, AFT and CE. After T7 German cruisers get pretty damn good AA, even the Yorck (for as little redeeming factors as i can find in it) has pretty damn good AA when coupled with defensive AA consumable.

In my case in my hipper captain i usually always run with defensive AA, even though German hydro is amazing the hipper isn't particularly good at quickly dispatching DDs with its current fire rate so i'd much rather be able to absolutely wreck any planes that dare get near me. ( although my hipper captain also has manual secondaries just for the lulz, also cause he's my scharnhorst/part-time bismarck captain <_< ) 

If you where to stack AFT with Manual AA it would frankly be disgusting, you could also opt out of having to use defensive AA consumable, sadly i don't have the capability to re-spec a 19 point captain.

Well that's just my two cents, sorry about the minor text wall. Fair seas mates. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by Saidalphon
  • Cool 1

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
16 minutes ago, Saidalphon said:

This post was started a while ago:

It had been mentioned in a Q&A, post is a good read too.

Cool; didn’t know as well. Would be sweet to have Hydro + DF on the PE as a buff :D

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

IFHE will allow your 105s to pen 34mm of armour if you're interested in possibly running a Secondary or Pseudo-Secondary build for Hipper. 

It also means that same cmdr can double duty on some of your BBs who's secondaries also benefit from IFHE. 

Edited by Ivlerlin

Sign in to follow this