You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Halonut24

PC issues

6 comments in this topic

[WOSV]
Members
331 posts
2,211 battles

So I spent a good 7 hours or so yesterday trying to troubleshoot my gaming PC. First major problem I've had with it. On startup, I would have to restart 3-4 times to just get the sign-in screen. Once I did manage to get into Windows, it was a coin-flip whether it would completely freeze and lock up. 

I'm fairly certain the issue was caused by either the ASUS GPU Tweak II application and/or one of my Hard Drives trying to fail. (It didn't, though. Used the disk scan/repair and fixed it)

After this incident, however, I noticed a significant performance drop in my games. WoWS seems to be most affected. FPS is maybe 1/3 what it was before.

Any idea what would be causing this performance drop?

My GPU is a GTX 1060 made by ASUS.

Any input would be valued. Thanks!

Members
650 posts
7,481 battles

Nah, its not your PC...
Its this new patch... Apparently a lot of players have been reporting that they have FPS drop in a certain conditions (like 5 or more ships gather in a small place or like 5 ships sailing near each other)

Edited by Amatsukaze_KaiNi

[WOSV]
Members
331 posts
2,211 battles
3 minutes ago, Amatsukaze_KaiNi said:

Nah, its not your PC...
Its this new patch... Apparently a lot of players have been reporting that they have FPS drop in a certain conditions (like 5 or more ships gather in a small place or like 5 ships sailing near each other)

Did they report overall FPS drops? Because I was getting maybe 15 or so just in my port. Had to drop just about all my graphics settings, and I'm barely getting 20-30.

Members
650 posts
7,481 battles
10 minutes ago, Halonut24 said:

Did they report overall FPS drops? Because I was getting maybe 15 or so just in my port. Had to drop just about all my graphics settings, and I'm barely getting 20-30.

Not sure... But I talked one of my buddies in discord that they have 70+ FPS once back in the old patches, and now that this new patch came in, they get 50 FPS or so I heard/see

Although did you try updating your graphics card? I saw a comment in a thread before that it fixes the FPS issue if you update it...

Edited by Amatsukaze_KaiNi

[WOSV]
Members
331 posts
2,211 battles
41 minutes ago, Amatsukaze_KaiNi said:

Not sure... But I talked one of my buddies in discord that they have 70+ FPS once back in the old patches, and now that this new patch came in, they get 50 FPS or so I heard/see

Although did you try updating your graphics card? I saw a comment in a thread before that it fixes the FPS issue if you update it...

I checked it through the Device Manager in Windows 10, and it says all the drivers are up to date.

*Edit* It seems to have cleared up now. Not sure what was going on with it, but it seems to be ok now. Thanks for the help.

Edited by Halonut24

[PSP]
Members
6,284 posts
8,912 battles

Windows can become corrupted just like any application. Open an elevated command prompt (Win-X and select Command Prompt Admin) and run the following command

SFC /SCANNOW

Note that you can minimize it and it will run in the background.

If it finds errors that it can't fix there is another application that you can run but don't worry about it right now.

Also, some day when you have considerable time to leave your system running, open an elevated command prompt and run the following command:

CHKDSK /R -- for a hard drive (do not use /R for a SSD)

CHKDSK /F -- for an SSD

The utility will run when you reboot your computer but will take a half hour or more depending on your drive size. 

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1