You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_ENO_

The Hindenburg Slide...

36 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
6,006 posts
9,654 battles

Medium-range support vs. DD and CA and long-range HE annoyance vs. BB. That's Hindenburg for 80% or so of her battles. Only major skill adjustment (from Roon) is loading AP ahead of time for broadside targets (and knowing BB superstructure locations).

Hindenburg and DM are the only cruisers even a survival-build BB does not want to brawl with. Only Yamato and Mushashi's MB can reliably beat a Hindenburg's nose armor, and 4 torp spreads later nothing survives--assuming it's a competent Hindenburg captain.

Btw, here's a pro-tip for beating a Hindenburg in close range: spam HE to blow up his torp tubes.

Beta Testers
284 posts
5,056 battles
2 hours ago, Raven114 said:

Hindenburg is my favorite ship. But you have to play it smartly as you can get deleted quickly if caught out in the open. It has great firepower but do not show a broadside or you blow up quickly. Also stay away from Demoines there ROF will hurt you.

Well said Raven. Hindenburg is a strong ship when played correctly. But I can confirm showing her broadside is a bad thing, as is with most ships. I've hit the citadel of many a Hindy. Also, Hindeburg is not a brawler so don't play it that way.

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
10 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Well said Raven. Hindenburg is a strong ship when played correctly. But I can confirm showing her broadside is a bad thing, as is with most ships. I've hit the citadel of many a Hindy. Also, Hindeburg is not a brawler so don't play it that way.

Hindy is a fantastic brawler, you just have to pick your spots.

At close range it doesn't have a citadel. Any BB shots into the broadside are just overpens. Then it has enough torps off each side to blap a BB.

Des Moines is the only ship that really gives it a run for it's money in a brawl.  It lacks the stand off and rain HE option so brawling is a bigger part of the Des Moines game. Des Moines AP is slow enough that combined with the better pen angles it can go through the turtleback in ways that a BB can't.

• Cool 1

[STW]
Members
799 posts
6,274 battles
5 minutes ago, Grizley said:

Des Moines is the only ship that really gives it a run for it's money in a brawl.  It lacks the stand off and rain HE option so brawling is a bigger part of the Des Moines game. Des Moines AP is slow enough that combined with the better pen angles it can go through the turtleback in ways that a BB can't.

Even if you're bow in trying to rush a cornered one, the DM dpm with HE can be pretty amazing.  I've nearly gotten embarrassed a couple of times that way if I'm being completely honest.  Basically a race to see if he can finish you before you are able to torp him or shotgun his citadel.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,102 posts
15,451 battles

DM is  crazy at close range with its dpm, and can be a race to see who kills whom  lol. 

[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

When ever you get a new ship in a certain line you play it like the previous ship of that line. This is because of new ship shakedown {learning the ship} Playing it as a weaker ship {Previous ship line}.Your style is effected  by casual {careful }play. this is how you seem to do better in the first 20 -30 battles. Carelessness and Bravado sets in and BINGO Lower win rates and higher Damage numbers.

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
17 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

Even if you're bow in trying to rush a cornered one, the DM dpm with HE can be pretty amazing.  I've nearly gotten embarrassed a couple of times that way if I'm being completely honest.  Basically a race to see if he can finish you before you are able to torp him or shotgun his citadel.

If you're brawling a Des Moines in a Hindy, snipe his guns.  They're relatively lightly armored.  Pen once to disable, then pen again to totally destroy.

Once the Des Moines only has one, it better no, front turret then you've won.  If he turns enough to present the rear turret you delete him. If he doesn't you make a close range torpedo pass.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,102 posts
15,451 battles
1 minute ago, Grizley said:

If you're brawling a Des Moines in a Hindy, snipe his guns.  They're relatively lightly armored.  Pen once to disable, then pen again to totally destroy.

Once the Des Moines only has one, it better no, front turret then you've won.  If he turns enough to present the rear turret you delete him. If he doesn't you make a close range torpedo pass.

AP his gun?  cool have to try that

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
1 minute ago, centarina said:

AP his gun?  cool have to try that

That's the best way to beat a Des Moines at close range.  If you get into a game of roshambo he's got a lot bigger boot to kick with. Break the guns and then the DPM levels off.

Even a DD should go for turret snipe with AP if they can hit the side/ rear of the turret, though they don't really have the pen to go through the turret face.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
22,010 battles
3 hours ago, Kevs02Accord said:

I actually prefer reload module, then take premium spotter + spotter plane upgrade. IMO range mod is good, but doesn't help for crapif you have to push up close. As Edge has said, soften the hard targets, support your DD's and push up with the team. Also, IMO KM CA's make excellent kite / peel ships, you would be surprised how many ships you can peel away just by moving forward and then kiting back.

This is my build and play style. I prefer the Spotter for bow camping reversers. At range you can hit stupid amount of shells on now campers.

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles
3 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

When ever you get a new ship in a certain line you play it like the previous ship of that line. This is because of new ship shakedown {learning the ship} Playing it as a weaker ship {Previous ship line}.Your style is effected  by casual {careful }play. this is how you seem to do better in the first 20 -30 battles. Carelessness and Bravado sets in and BINGO Lower win rates and higher Damage numbers.

I need to cautiously admit I free XPd to Hinde so this wouldn't have been an issue. I'd run min / DM / Moskva so I figured I wouldn't totally crapthe bed with it- I have a good understanding of the meta at tier x but agree I still have lots to learn. 

I ran into @Edgecase after I posted this and just him being there really turned the heat on. He was opposing and I wanted to make sure I was applying some of the lessons in this thread. I realized that being a little more aggressive- like a carrier sticking closer to the flow of battle- I could tap into the hinde'a strong suits as opposed to being singled out in the open. 

I had also gone with fighter by flamus recommendation since you have it airborne for so long. I have missed the spotter for countering RNCLs  so will probably switch that up.

im listening guys- thank you for the input  

Edited by Gascan75