You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ski206

US Cruiser Line Split

65 comments in this topic

[TF-62]
Members
110 posts
5,559 battles

So we know the US Cruiser line split is coming but what we don't know is how WG is going to handle this especially with the Cleveland going to the new line at T8 vs T6 in the old line. Its been suggested that this means if you have Cleveland you will lose her until you work your way back up the new line. However looking at the Russian DD split is looks like people got to keep the ships they had and were awarded the new line ships equal to the tiers they already owned. From what I have found online so far it looks like though that Captains and premium cammos did not follow the ship to the new line or new slot but rather were kept with the new ship that was moved into that slot. So for example if that hold true with the US Cruiser split your 19pt Cleveland Captain would simply be moved and retrained onto the new T6 CA and you would apparently get a 9pt Captain assigned to your Cleveland. Needless to say this is less than desirable if you have a high point Captain you have dedicated to a certain ship. Because now you have to burn gold to get things back the way they were.

So here are my thoughts and I'd be interested to see what others think. I hope that by having a discussion around this before it gets released we can influence the decisions WG makes.

First you should keep any ships you have already researched regardless of tier changes. That means if you own Cleveland at T6 you get her at T8 regardless.

Second you should get a free replacement for any ship you own that has been down tiered. What this means is that if you have the Baltimore at T9 you get the new T9 ship for free with all modules.

Third Captains and Premium consumables (like cammo) should follow the ship not the slot. So your Cleveland Captain stays your Cleveland Captain. However given the way ships are being moved around between tiers their needs to be a period where you can move Captains in and out of the US Cruiser line and respec them for free.

A more interesting question is whether or not you get new ships on the new line for free. If my research is correct when the Russian DD split happened that is what occurred. If you had the old T10 top ship you got all the new ships for free as well. Obviously that is my first choice but I wouldn't blow a gasket if they made Cleveland owners grind the New T9 and T10 CLs. That being said if they try and take my Cleveland away I'm gonna be seriously unhappy.

Thoughts?

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,233 battles

Instead of making a new thread for everything you find go to one thats already open. Ffs why tf you create yet another USN CL SPLIT thread whenthere is already 7 active ones that ive read today

• Funny 5

Members
519 posts
3,356 battles
4 minutes ago, Ski206 said:

So we know the US Cruiser line split is coming but what we don't know is how WG is going to handle this especially with the Cleveland going to the new line at T8 vs T6 in the old line. Its been suggested that this means if you have Cleveland you will lose her until you work your way back up the new line.

Where you getting that from ? you miss the IJN split or the Russian DD split? Go watch the original " Bad News Bears" and wait for the ASSUME scene..

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,580 battles

Points 1 and 2 are already how this has worked in the past. If you have a ship at tier that is moving, you get the ship that is replacing it at that tier, as well as keep the ship that is moving to a new tier. But, we have no official word on how they’re going to handle this split, so they could change it all up for all we know. But bags how it worked before. So just have to wait and see. They also won’t announce how it’s going to happen until it gets closer to time for the line to line to launch. And seeing as how the main line in the split just started testing, and they need to test the second line as well, you’ve got a while before it happens.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,916 battles

A little search would have kept you from typing a wall of text. 

We know how the last two splits went and WG said in December that they would be generous to those who have the complete line. 

So extra boats, port slots, captains, credits. And how you get the idea that you lose the Cleveland. You will get a stock T8 Cleveland.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles

I think you're fine.  Based on past experience, if you currently have a T6 Cleveland, you should get for it a T6 Pensacola in the new CA tree plus a T8 Cleveland in the new CL tree.  If you have a T9 Baltimore, you should get a T8 Baltimore plus the new T9 CA.

However, I don't suspect you will get the new T9 or T10 CLs by virtue of having a T9 or T10 CA prior to the split.  My guess is that everyone will have to grind those from the New Cleveland.

You put your finger on what can be annoying.  If I recall, the commander for any given ship is assigned to the new ship for that branch and tier.  So if you have a 19-point T6 Cleveland captain currently, chances are he will become a 19-point T6 Pensa captain rather than a 19-point T8 Cleveland captain.  So yes, there are some potential gold costs for retraining.  I would not be surprised, however, if the split comes with some sort of discount on captain retraining through whatever means.

[TF-62]
Members
110 posts
5,559 battles
2 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

Where you getting that from ? you miss the IJN split or the Russian DD split? Go watch the original " Bad News Bears" and wait for the ASSUME scene..

I'm getting that from another player who told me that when a previous split happened one of his ships was moved to the alternate line and he lost it. Its possible his memory is faulty but since I could not find a direct link a wargaming post on how its been done in the past it had to be considered. If you read my whole post you will note that I prefaced this with what I had on the Russian DD split which let players keep their ships. I'm not assuming anything. I'm also not going to assume that this split will be just like the ones that preceded it.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,233 battles
1 minute ago, Ski206 said:

I'm getting that from another player who told me that when a previous split happened one of his ships was moved to the alternate line and he lost it. Its possible his memory is faulty but since I could not find a direct link a wargaming post on how its been done in the past it had to be considered. If you read my whole post you will note that I prefaced this with what I had on the Russian DD split which let players keep their ships. I'm not assuming anything. I'm also not going to assume that this split will be just like the ones that preceded it.

WG already said so. If you actually take your time and look wargaming made a whole article about it

Members
519 posts
3,356 battles
7 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

A little search would have kept you from typing a wall of text. 

We know how the last two splits went and WG said in December that they would be generous to those who have the complete line. 

So extra boats, port slots, captains, credits. And how you get the idea that you lose the Cleveland. You will get a stock T8 Cleveland.

This..

2 minutes ago, Ski206 said:

I'm also not going to assume that this split will be just like the ones that preceded it.

Sometimes going to previous threads of the same subject saves on assuming..

[TF-62]
Members
110 posts
5,559 battles
5 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

WG already said so. If you actually take your time and look wargaming made a whole article about it

The link I found talked about the new ships. It did not address the issue at hand. It always possible I missed something so if you could reply with the link to wargaming's transition plan I'd appreciate it.

[LHG]
Members
1,656 posts
4,926 battles

My experience is that your existing commander will stay at the same tier as the ship was originally.  I went through this with the Gnevny when she was up-tiered to T6 and the Podviosky replaced her at T5.  The Gnevny moved to T6 and I received the Podiviosky at T5.  My Gnevny commander stayed at T5 with the new Podviosky and I received a new 6 point commander for the Gnevny.  The Gnevny retained all of the mods she had prior to the up-tiering but she didn't have permanent cammo so I can't tell if that would have transferred up with her or not.  

I'm thinking we should see something similar to this but probably with a few more bennies since so much is changing. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,233 battles
7 minutes ago, Ski206 said:

The link I found talked about the new ships. It did not address the issue at hand. It always possible I missed something so if you could reply with the link to wargaming's transition plan I'd appreciate it.

It was a news thread from december/jan

[TF-62]
Members
110 posts
5,559 battles
2 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

My experience is that your existing commander will stay at the same tier as the ship was originally.  I went through this with the Gnevny when she was up-tiered to T6 and the Podviosky replaced her at T5.  The Gnevny moved to T6 and I received the Podiviosky at T5.  My Gnevny commander stayed at T5 with the new Podviosky and I received a new 6 point commander for the Gnevny.  The Gnevny retained all of the mods she had prior to the up-tiering but she didn't have permanent cammo so I can't tell if that would have transferred up with her or not.  

I'm thinking we should see something similar to this but probably with a few more bennies than since so much is changing. 

Which is exactly my concern. If they are going to handle Captains that way we need a period where we can re-specialize and re-set skills for free. I also want to make sure the premium cammo I bought for her stays with her. I have no interest in a premium cammo for the Pensacola.

[LOD_2]
Members
263 posts
31 minutes ago, Ski206 said:

So we know the US Cruiser line split is coming but what we don't know is how WG is going to handle this especially with the Cleveland going to the new line at T8 vs T6 in the old line. Its been suggested that this means if you have Cleveland you will lose her until you work your way back up the new line. However looking at the Russian DD split is looks like people got to keep the ships they had and were awarded the new line ships equal to the tiers they already owned. From what I have found online so far it looks like though that Captains and premium cammos did not follow the ship to the new line or new slot but rather were kept with the new ship that was moved into that slot. So for example if that hold true with the US Cruiser split your 19pt Cleveland Captain would simply be moved and retrained onto the new T6 CA and you would apparently get a 9pt Captain assigned to your Cleveland. Needless to say this is less than desirable if you have a high point Captain you have dedicated to a certain ship. Because now you have to burn gold to get things back the way they were.

So here are my thoughts and I'd be interested to see what others think. I hope that by having a discussion around this before it gets released we can influence the decisions WG makes.

First you should keep any ships you have already researched regardless of tier changes. That means if you own Cleveland at T6 you get her at T8 regardless.

Second you should get a free replacement for any ship you own that has been down tiered. What this means is that if you have the Baltimore at T9 you get the new T9 ship for free with all modules.

Third Captains and Premium consumables (like cammo) should follow the ship not the slot. So your Cleveland Captain stays your Cleveland Captain. However given the way ships are being moved around between tiers their needs to be a period where you can move Captains in and out of the US Cruiser line and respec them for free.

A more interesting question is whether or not you get new ships on the new line for free. If my research is correct when the Russian DD split happened that is what occurred. If you had the old T10 top ship you got all the new ships for free as well. Obviously that is my first choice but I wouldn't blow a gasket if they made Cleveland owners grind the New T9 and T10 CLs. That being said if they try and take my Cleveland away I'm gonna be seriously unhappy.

Thoughts?

Just wait untill we get official infos for the split or watch what happend to the INJor Sov DDs, everything else is really pointless

Beta Testers
284 posts
4,392 battles

Hey everyone, just keep an eye out on the news portal for official confirmation on the US Cruiser line branching off. Feel free to stay on topic and discuss the what ifs. However, understand that until it is confirmed by the devs in an official announcement, it's just speculation. Good luck on the high seas!

• Cool 3

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,966 posts
7,526 battles
14 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Hey everyone, just keep an eye out on the news portal for official confirmation on the US Cruiser line branching off. Feel free to stay on topic and discuss the what ifs. However, understand that until it is confirmed by the devs in an official announcement, it's just speculation. Good luck on the high seas!

WGA needs to move up in CB's, man. :P

Also, I have all the current ships, just waiting for the change. :)

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,435 battles

When the IJN dd split happened I had the Mutsuki at t6.  I ended up getting the Fubuki and the Minekaze.  I was also reimbursed some credits for the change in cost.  

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,435 battles
5 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

WGA needs to move up in CB's, man. :P

Also, I have all the current ships, just waiting for the change. :)

I'm trying to get all of the current ones.  I powered through the Pensacola but I'm dreading that NO grind.  If it's anything like grinding the Mogami, it's gonna be fun.

[TDG]
Members
1,192 posts
6,016 battles
10 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

I'm trying to get all of the current ones.  I powered through the Pensacola but I'm dreading that NO grind.  If it's anything like grinding the Mogami, it's gonna be fun.

Currently about a third of the way through New Orleans.  While not as frustrating as Pensacola, there is significant difference due to Tier 8.  I'm still figuring that out.

I already have the permanent camo for Cleveland.  I have also trained up a commander to run up the CL line.

I have not bought permanent camo for any of the CAs.  I did earn the New Orleans camo, and I am interested in where that is going to end up.  I would be happiest to have that on both the Tier 8 Baltimore and the Tier 7 New Orleans.  I would consider Tier 7 permanent camo with the special permanent camo staying at Tier 8 a reasonable solution.

Base on other threads, I will have the Cleveland commander in Reserve with a 0-point commander assigned when the split happens.  (I don't expect this to make a difference, but you never know.)

I have also accumulated additional Ship XP on Omaha to support unlocking the new Tier 6 CL.

At this point, all that is left is to acquire Baltimore.

[5IN]
Members
67 posts
14,008 battles

I would expect if you have a Cleveland you will get a STOCK T8 Cleveland with the captain and XP moved to the new T6 CL Dallas or whatever they call it (not the T6 Pensacola). If you have a Pensacola you'll get a New Orleans to replace it. What I don't know is will you get a T6 Pensacola too, maybe it will be researched but you have to buy it?

[ONE]
Members
571 posts
8,776 battles

I have been holding off the research of Des Moines even though I have the XP for it few months ago. I want to grind the new ships even if it means I have to re-start from lower tiers. Tier 10 ships are fun to play but whatever XP it gains serve no purpose. 

P.S. I never understands why some people want to free XP their way up in WoWS or WoT. 

[WOLF6]
Members
193 posts
2,191 battles

As others have noted, nothing will be known for sure until WG makes an announcement on how the split will be handled.

In the meantime, here is info on past splits, which occurred with release 0.5.15 (IJN DD) and 0.6.2 (VMF DD).

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-515/

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-notes-062/

Details are also summarized on the wiki list of updates:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Update_0.5.15

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Update_0.6.2

• Cool 3

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,435 battles
20 minutes ago, TAM_OH said:

I would expect if you have a Cleveland you will get a STOCK T8 Cleveland with the captain and XP moved to the new T6 CL Dallas or whatever they call it (not the T6 Pensacola). If you have a Pensacola you'll get a New Orleans to replace it. What I don't know is will you get a T6 Pensacola too, maybe it will be researched but you have to buy it?

My Cleveland has about 200k experience sitting on it.  It would be nice if they let that xp stay on the ship, but I highly doubt it.  It's going to end up on an Erie, or the t6 Pensa.

[TDG]
Members
1,192 posts
6,016 battles
14 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

My Cleveland has about 200k experience sitting on it.  It would be nice if they let that xp stay on the ship, but I highly doubt it.  It's going to end up on an Erie, or the t6 Pensa.

My expectation here is that the Ship XP will stay at the Tier.  Thus, I expect the Tier 6 Pensacola will inherit the Ship XP from the uptiering Cleveland.

I expect the same for Tier 7, Tier 8, and Tier 9 CAs.

Edited by YeOldeTraveller