Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

G Cesare?

28 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

972
Members
4,547 posts
6,440 battles

I been firing AP at both cruisers and BBs in this ship. Often it does not seem like I am doing as much damage to cruisers with that powerful AP as I feel I should be.  Am I over-penning or something like that? Be better to fire HE at them?  Tks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,378
[HINON]
Members
9,017 posts

Do you have detailed ribbons turned on? Do you see lots of overpens, shatters etc? Which ships are you shooting at in particular, what range are you firing from etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,827
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

If they're broadside or angled at the GC, I find AP more than sufficient. Check your aiming point - not all ships aim the same due to the differences in their dispersion values, etc.. She is especially good at cit's on broadside cruisers, often returning a dev strike. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
40 posts
4,323 battles
6 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Do you have detailed ribbons turned on? Do you see lots of overpens, shatters etc? Which ships are you shooting at in particular, what range are you firing from etc?

Definitely try this. However, given the ship, I would tend to bet you are over-penning a bit. That is a common problem with low tier cruisers and their toilet-paper like armor, but if you are over-penning BBs you need to check your aim. If you hit high on the hull at mid to close range, you're hitting above the belt and AP won't arm properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
972
Members
4,547 posts
6,440 battles
29 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Do you have detailed ribbons turned on? Do you see lots of overpens, shatters etc? Which ships are you shooting at in particular, what range are you firing from etc?

I need to look at that....ribbons.  I shoot at any ship that is tactically good to take out. I shoot at all ranges but rarely do I try the long long range sniper thing.  I like to get closer and help my guys and actually hit ships.

Edited by dmckay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
102
[WAG]
Members
393 posts
7,493 battles

I have found the AP on the ship to perform well. I hardly ever shoot HE. About the only times I will switch to HE is if the only remaining ships are destroyers, or I am chasing a battleship that is angled. Otherwise, always AP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,827
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

You can push with her at her own tiers... facing one tier up you can still push but cautiously... facing two tiers, stay behind the front lines but barely... dds are good to lead the way... she is my favorite ship these days. A hard hitter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
972
Members
4,547 posts
6,440 battles
16 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

You can push with her at her own tiers... facing one tier up you can still push but cautiously... facing two tiers, stay behind the front lines but barely... dds are good to lead the way... she is my favorite ship these days. A hard hitter. 

She is a top ship statistically. I am trying to learn how to play her.  Actually she is pretty much idiot proof but I am often capable of idiocy. Heh.  I have little experience in BBs.  I do have Scharnhorst....fun fun fun....in close she is a monster with torps and secondaries + main guns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,827
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

I really like the Tirpitz... but the GC pushed Tirp down a notch. I think the GC is pretty much OP for her tier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
786
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,726 posts
4,737 battles

Cesare guns give me fits ever since I bought it.  Everyone loves it, borderline OP comments etc... but man I wish I could make it work like them.   Broadside cruisers?  Citadel overpens and misses.  Battleships?  Penetration shots, no damage.   Angled cruisers, pen hits but low damage rolls.  It's just inconsistent for me.

Case in point, this game, I started it at the time that best illustrates what I mean

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
972
Members
4,547 posts
6,440 battles
1 hour ago, vonKaiser said:

Cesare guns give me fits ever since I bought it.  Everyone loves it, borderline OP comments etc... but man I wish I could make it work like them.   Broadside cruisers?  Citadel overpens and misses.  Battleships?  Penetration shots, no damage.   Angled cruisers, pen hits but low damage rolls.  It's just inconsistent for me.

Case in point, this game, I started it at the time that best illustrates what I mean

 

My dear Kaiser I have also found it's guns to be rather inconsistent at times. BUT in this match you have used as an example you got a ton of kills. Seven...my my. Nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
786
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,726 posts
4,737 battles
48 minutes ago, dmckay said:

My dear Kaiser I have also found it's guns to be rather inconsistent at times. BUT in this match you have used as an example you got a ton of kills. Seven...my my. Nice. 

It was probably one of my best games in her so far from the norm lol.  If I were to get games like that more often I'd love the ship.  But most are not that good :Smile_amazed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
972
Members
4,547 posts
6,440 battles
16 minutes ago, vonKaiser said:

It was probably one of my best games in her so far from the norm lol.  If I were to get games like that more often I'd love the ship.  But most are not that good :Smile_amazed:

Well at my crap 48% win rate getting 2 kills, a win, and surviving the match is SUCCESS for me! :Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
786
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,726 posts
4,737 battles
1 hour ago, dmckay said:

Well at my crap 48% win rate getting 2 kills, a win, and surviving the match is SUCCESS for me! :Smile_sad:

If it helps at all, I find that using a stealth build, ignoring long range shots and opening up at point blank helps.  Play it like an armored cruiser with bigger punch.  When up against enemy BB's aim at that upper belt line instead of waterline.  More hits, but less cits that way but a good amount of hits is sometimes just as good as that one citadel and a bunch of misses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
972
Members
4,547 posts
6,440 battles
3 hours ago, vonKaiser said:

If it helps at all, I find that using a stealth build, ignoring long range shots and opening up at point blank helps.  Play it like an armored cruiser with bigger punch.  When up against enemy BB's aim at that upper belt line instead of waterline.  More hits, but less cits that way but a good amount of hits is sometimes just as good as that one citadel and a bunch of misses. 

Tks.  I play my Schorn like that.  A monster in close. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,792
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,068 posts
14,462 battles
14 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I really like the Tirpitz... but the GC pushed Tirp down a notch. I think the GC is pretty much OP for her tier. 

GC is completely OP as a Tier V BB :cap_cool:

msgKAEk.jpg

Her Average Damage is funny because those are Tier VIII BB levels of work being done.  Couple that with a COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS 57% WIN RATE, and stats everywhere else.  She is 100% broken.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,827
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
5 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Her Average Damage is funny because those are Tier VIII BB levels of work being done.  Couple that with a COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS 57% WIN RATE, and stats everywhere else.  She is 100% broken.

Well shoot.. I started reading and thought "uh oh I'm gonna get a dressing down". I don't visit the stat sites very often, so I wasn't aware of her high win rate. I figure if she does well when I player she's a pretty good ship. If she does really well she must be OP.:cap_haloween:

I still think they may make a move to remove her from sale sometime in the near future. Of course, I could be completely wrong too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
292
[ARP3]
Members
412 posts
10,450 battles

It's accurate, but due to uptier you get a lot of bounces.

Aim for superstructure or the bow on uptier BB.

For cruisers, you need to know the citadel spot for each cruiser type. There's no other way unless you like 1.9k overpens all day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
106
[BSL]
Members
740 posts
14,558 battles
On 3/6/2018 at 12:59 AM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

GC is completely OP as a Tier V BB :cap_cool:

msgKAEk.jpg

Her Average Damage is funny because those are Tier VIII BB levels of work being done.  Couple that with a COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS 57% WIN RATE, and stats everywhere else.  She is 100% broken.

Or as I like to say, perfectly balanced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
202
[TOAST]
Members
812 posts
7,256 battles
13 hours ago, BearlyHereBear said:

Or as I like to say, perfectly balanced.

Thankfully it can handle T7 better than other T5 ships. If it had protected MM it would be disgusting OP. I have no issue with playing the ship in T7 matches as is though. the rare top tier game is a guilty treat once in a blue moon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,792
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,068 posts
14,462 battles
On 6/27/2018 at 6:57 AM, BearlyHereBear said:

Or as I like to say, perfectly balanced.

It's been 3 months since I made that post, so it made me curious to see if Caesar has "normalized" to lower stats.  The answer?  NO!

dUMV9eZ.jpg

She's still insane! :Smile_teethhappy:  Caesar is still boss!  She actually improved in some stats despite being played more!  Normally stats drop as more battles are played.

vercingetorix-throws-down-his-arms-at-th

On 6/27/2018 at 8:39 PM, Vekta408 said:

Thankfully it can handle T7 better than other T5 ships. If it had protected MM it would be disgusting OP. I have no issue with playing the ship in T7 matches as is though. the rare top tier game is a guilty treat once in a blue moon. 

That's the funny thing with Caesar.  She succeeds so well despite her guns not being that good, really.  Even her armor, citadel protection is suspect.  But because she is FAST and STEALTHY, she can survive much longer than her Tier V BB peers in a VII match.

 

New York, Texas, Konig, etc.  They're all road kill to some very fast, dangerous Tier VII BBs.  You got 406mm guns that rip Tier V BBs apart.  Even the 380mm guns found in Tier VI-VII are of significant threat.  Yet Caesar, despite having mediocre guns and suspect protection, succeeds where her peers fail.  All because she is fast and if the situation is not to her liking, she can just be a Pasta Ninja and disappear.  Fade out and fight later.  NY, TX, Konig can't do that.  Kongo is fast, but she has awful concealment.

 

Really, what negates Caesar's advantages are 2 things.  DDs and Carriers.  They can freely attack Caesar.  CVs are worse because Caesar's AA is nonexistent.  But both DDs and Carriers can keep Caesar spotted, so people can keep shooting at her.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
202
[TOAST]
Members
812 posts
7,256 battles
5 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's been 3 months since I made that post, so it made me curious to see if Caesar has "normalized" to lower stats.  The answer?  NO!

dUMV9eZ.jpg

She's still insane! :Smile_teethhappy:  Caesar is still boss!  She actually improved in some stats despite being played more!  Normally stats drop as more battles are played.

vercingetorix-throws-down-his-arms-at-th

That's the funny thing with Caesar.  She succeeds so well despite her guns not being that good, really.  Even her armor, citadel protection is suspect.  But because she is FAST and STEALTHY, she can survive much longer than her Tier V BB peers in a VII match.

 

New York, Texas, Konig, etc.  They're all road kill to some very fast, dangerous Tier VII BBs.  You got 406mm guns that rip Tier V BBs apart.  Even the 380mm guns found in Tier VI-VII are of significant threat.  Yet Caesar, despite having mediocre guns and suspect protection, succeeds where her peers fail.  All because she is fast and if the situation is not to her liking, she can just be a Pasta Ninja and disappear.  Fade out and fight later.  NY, TX, Konig can't do that.  Kongo is fast, but she has awful concealment.

 

Really, what negates Caesar's advantages are 2 things.  DDs and Carriers.  They can freely attack Caesar.  CVs are worse because Caesar's AA is nonexistent.  But both DDs and Carriers can keep Caesar spotted, so people can keep shooting at her.

Eh... destroyers not so much. Even nerfed the guns are accurate to plaster DD with 320mm HE. I have expert loader because I love using the HE as well as the AP. CV do counter GC kinda hard. DD...annoying but far easier to manage with your crusier-like handling for a BB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
118
[HINON]
Members
321 posts
2,116 battles

GC is just gross.  The AP is sufficient, but I find the HE to be monstrous.

I got a 148k game recently just by firing HE at DDs and BBs for most of the game.  I only used AP about 30% of the time to bully the occasional cruiser that round. 

She is hecka fun, but I honestly hope ships like her are not put on sale anymore.  It is just too good to be fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
88
[1-]
Members
578 posts
3,359 battles

I love the ship. Musashi-strong guns on a cruiser hull with battleship armor. Definitely a hero like Caesar:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53
[WOLF9]
Members
265 posts
3,881 battles

I love me some GC!  I don't play the ship so much anymore because I always end up feeling a little dirty when I do.  I have more Krakens in GC by far than in any other ship.  I'm not sure I would call her broken or OP but she is a very strong ship.  With the right captain she can be scary to face.  I generally play her more like a heavy cruiser - I bully DDs and CLs as much as possible early game and once their support is gone I will take on the BBs.  In 159 games in Cesare I have managed to compile a 66% WR and over 73k average damage.  The only situation in which GC really struggles is if uptiered in a CV game.  She can hold her own against tier 4 and 5 CVs due to her maneuverability and will even shoot down a few planes.  A tier 6 or 7 CV with a halfway competent captain will absolutely ruin your day though. 

I find the AP to be good enough that I rarely use HE... maybe on severely angled BBs or higher tier BBs.  If you are getting a lot of overpens on same tier cruisers my best guess is check your aim point.  Tier 4 and 5 cruisers are Dev Strike fodder for GC if your aim is correct, and in my experience its pretty rare for RNG to totally screw you over with bad dispersion.  If you haven't already, I would take a look at replays to see where your shots are hitting the enemy ships and correct as necessary until you start finding citadels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×