You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
camoflageman

Viva La France....whats the fuss??

30 comments in this topic

Members
10 posts
4,387 battles

I have to say I am a little over the whole French thing going on in the game.  Historically the French navy didn't achieve a lot last century, so I fail the see the relevance to have a massive push with constant spam regarding buying their ships etc. 

Like the game, just way over anything to do with France in the game.

If people want to follow that line then go for it.  Why do we all have to be exposed to it?

Perhaps....Viva La Fiji

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,753 posts
3,490 battles

This is how they intend to roll out new lines for the most part.

While many of the French ships weren't built, or aren't that famous in North America, many of them have some interesting stories for us history buffs.

The Cruiser line was a pleasure, and so far the Battleship line is very enjoyable as well.

• Cool 2

Members
396 posts
6,338 battles

It’s fun and why not?  New content is great!

I am enjoying all the ships so far and it has been a nice way to implement a new ship line imo

• Cool 2

[4HIM]
Members
1,817 posts
4,168 battles

I've kind of enjoyed playing the Egg.  Played French botes enough to unlock their 'unique' commander.  Haven't really ground too far up the French tree.  Their ships are 'okay'.  I may grind the French BB's at some point in the future, but really no desire to do so now.  

[SYN]
Members
14,467 posts
10,482 battles

The French were relevant enough to be a constituent in the Washington Naval Treaty.

The naval arms race the French and Italians had was quite significant.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,267 posts
12,815 battles

God forbid WG try to promote a new line when it launches. Why, the very nerve.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
719 posts
1,791 battles
21 minutes ago, Lert said:

God forbid WG try to promote a new line when it launches. Why, the very nerve.

Lert... youre my kind of cat. We need to play again some time...

[HINON]
Supertester
19,267 posts
12,815 battles
Just now, Avalon304 said:

youre my kind of cat.

Sarcastic, bitter, jaded and hates everything?

Members
10 posts
4,387 battles

At the Washington treaty they also invited Belgium, China, Portugal, and the Netherlands too.

No issues with the game starting a new line at all....fully encourage it actually, just over being bombarded with all the spam re French ships

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

It's hard to imagine how someone could be that bothered by it.

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
719 posts
1,791 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Yup.

[O_O]
Members
4,432 posts
9,616 battles
1 hour ago, camoflageman said:

I have to say I am a little over the whole French thing going on in the game.  Historically the French navy didn't achieve a lot last century, so I fail the see the relevance to have a massive push with constant spam regarding buying their ships etc. 

If people want to follow that line then go for it.  Why do we all have to be exposed to it?

Perhaps....Viva La Fiji

They are introducing a new line of ships into the game.  More ships to play is good, right? 

They introduce that line with a free premium DD if you put in a little play time.  Free premium ships are good, right?

They also implement a new campaign and a new collection offering a lot of free stuff.  A lot of free stuff is good, right?

What is the annoying part I am apparently missing, again? :Smile_amazed:

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,524 posts
7,587 battles
45 minutes ago, camoflageman said:

At the Washington treaty they also invited Belgium, China, Portugal, and the Netherlands too.

No issues with the game starting a new line at all....fully encourage it actually, just over being bombarded with all the spam re French ships

This is how they’re going to release/launch all lines from now on. Each quarter is dedicated to a certain line launch now and theme for that line launch. So 4 lines per year and those 3 months dedicate to the line and the theme of that line will be spammed with stuff like this to promote that line. Better get used to it.

[PVE]
Members
9,897 posts
7,492 battles
53 minutes ago, Lert said:

Isn't that the normal state for any cat? :Smile_teethhappy:

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,753 posts
3,490 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

At least you can't knock my cup of water over and make a mess. The water can't get anymore wet!

[PVE]
Members
512 posts
4,353 battles

I don't see the big deal either, but new content has to come and it has to be promoted. Personally I did the collection for the special commander and that is it. So far I might end up getting the Aigle because I have been knocking those missions out with very little extra effort. I won't miss it if I miss it though.

Not doing the campaign (did first mission just for the crates to finish the collection) because I don't care about the camo.

However I did score the Bretagne and the Normandie from the crates so I will probably work the line to T9 at some point.

I see no reason to take it seriously, it doesn't look like it will introduce anything to make me want to change how I spec my commanders or anything.

Edited by MasterDiggs

[SALVO]
Members
17,139 posts
17,811 battles
2 hours ago, camoflageman said:

Perhaps....Viva La Fiji

BTW, it's not "Viva La France".  It's "Vive La France".  Those Frenchies are very picky, don't ya know.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

All I can say is, I'm seeing a lot of french BB going backwards, not in reference to the usual puns, but the speed of the ship, players are over estimating their speed and finding themselves focused, because they pushed in to far. they do look good tho, going fast in the new water.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,266 posts
2,029 battles

You think this is bad?

Give it a few months when the USN spam starts for the cruiser split - it'll be more of the same most likely.

[TOG]
Members
2,489 posts
15,057 battles
33 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

All I can say is, I'm seeing a lot of french BB going backwards, not in reference to the usual puns, but the speed of the ship, players are over estimating their speed and finding themselves focused, because they pushed in to far. they do look good tho, going fast in the new water.

Strategically having a ship that can go from point A to Point D is useful. Tactically, chasing down a cruiser is nice also. Plus the Alsace I found out does not do very well in the brawl. The 15 inch rifles don't do as well like 16/18 inches do under 10 km against other BB's of different nations. Plus the secondary build tempts you into derping. See Mr. DD? Close to 11 km and hose him down. And his buddies will focus fire on you. I ended up taking it off to remove that temptation.

Edited by Bill_Halsey

[-BRS-]
Members
1,649 posts
13,661 battles

Personally I thought it was a fun event and a good way to launch the French battleships I have to give it a thumbs up:cap_like:

[PVE]
Members
9,897 posts
7,492 battles
12 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

Personally I thought it was a fun event and a good way to launch the French battleships I have to give it a thumbs up:cap_like:

Two thumbs up from me.

[PVE]
Members
9,897 posts
7,492 battles
3 hours ago, camoflageman said:

Well, if they were invited, they didn't participate. Here is the treaty from the US Library of Congress.

https://www.loc.gov/law/help/us-treaties/bevans/m-ust000002-0351.pdf

3 hours ago, camoflageman said:

Unfortunately, this happens every time a new line is introduced. I expect to see a lot of US CLs when the cruiser split happens.

CVs should be scarce then. :cap_rambo::Smile_teethhappy: